Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Blight Delta 161

Default Re: Blight Delta 161

Silk plants south of Rachival now comes in Small, Standard and Large varieties.
    O_O

wow!! this looks like a small test phase of the idea I suggested a little while ago! YAY!!!

I feel so special! *squee!*

*shows token link Just a Random Thought*

so, is this just a small modification to see how well it works?

Ri'ta'ra'thi Is'mi'nei: Season 100 ADV/100 CRA/100 BLK(former)/100 LSH/ 1.11 BILLION hoard
    Kytitia Pyrrithia: Unparalleled Rating 212 Saris Sorceror, Rating 234 Crafter

Well the test failed, hehe. There are none of the sized silk plants in that area, only the old original plants.

Jalthor the Scholar trainer in Aug has prices for his formulas WAY below what the other trainers nearby are asking for their own forms. Jalthor only asks for 100 copper for the Expert Essence Orb and Stone Brick forms, while Baric Greybeard the Blacksmith trainer wants 20 silver for the Expert Metal Bar and Wood Board.

Also in Aug, Huma the tailor is stuck in the wall behind the loom. He/she also sells all the JM tailoring forms instead of a few Expert. Derus the Weaponsmith has Beginner forms for sale. Duaga the Gatherer has nothing for sale while Fulthas Oreseeker the Miner has the proper Expert miner forms.

As for the glass stuff, I could have sworn in an earlier Delta only the bottles had gone missing and the Vial were still availabe and then later the bottles were combined onto a single form with the vials. I must be going nuts.

Drev
    Last edited by Drevar; March 11th, 2009 at 07:10 PM.

So, you're saying you failed to see the Huma in it?

*flees from Justice*
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Quote Originally Posted by Drevar View Post
    Well the test failed, hehe. There are none of the sized silk plants in that area, only the old original plants.
    You looked up by the Clothworking Factory? Cause I just double-checked and they are definitely setup with 0.75, 1.0, 1.25 scale and named Small, Standard, Large. And they are setup to spawn up there.

Now, the plants in the valley leading to Rachival won't vary in size, only up near the clothworking factory.

Jalthor the Scholar trainer in Aug has prices for his formulas WAY below what the other trainers nearby are asking for their own forms. Jalthor only asks for 100 copper for the Expert Essence Orb and Stone Brick forms, while Baric Greybeard the Blacksmith trainer wants 20 silver for the Expert Metal Bar and Wood Board.
    Thanks. Got it.

Also in Aug, Huma the tailor is stuck in the wall behind the loom.
    Got it.

He/she also sells all the JM tailoring forms instead of a few Expert. Derus the Weaponsmith has Beginner forms for sale. Duaga the Gatherer has nothing for sale while Fulthas Oreseeker the Miner has the proper Expert miner forms.
    Yes, that is why the notes say "most" not all.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Well, something was definately mis-entered. I just went there again today and found the following:

1. Tons of the old silk plants at the southern entrance of the valley, just north of Rihki. Those were supposed to not be changed so it looked fine; great in fact if there was a player cloth shop on the plot to the south.

2. Nothing in the center of the newly relandscaped valley.

3. Very few silk plants of the old type near the clothworking machine at the north side of the valley.

4. Harvesting 2 silk plants on the north side gave me 400 silk *each*..a bit more than usual.

5. Went back to the southern entrance and harvested a plant there and got 500 silk from one plant.

6. Ran out to the silk south of Old Oaks and again got 440 from one plant.

Conclusion...the different names and setscales didn't take correctly, but somehow ALL silk plants got their stats changed to what should be a larger variety. Seems like a simple indexing problem, but who know with the way the game handles data.

Drev

Just confirming the larger yield off the silk on Blight. On Order I only get ~150-200 per plant.

Drev

Just confirming the larger yield off the silk on Blight. On Order I only get ~150-200 per plant.
    Uh, yea... I'm a bit confused why you even bothered with this since Delta 161 is only on blight.

Alright, I figured out what was happening. I created two new resource nodes (Small Silk Plant and Large Silk Plant). The original Silk plant became the "rich" node. And I forgot to switch it as the default in most areas. So you are just seeing a lot of rich nodes on Blight.

By the way, there will be NO silk plants right at the clothworking factory. It made no sense to me. But the regions extend all along the grassy areas, just not on the roads. You won't find any silk up in the snowy areas either.

Totally unrelated, but how did you find the world scape? More appealing and nice to look at now?
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; March 12th, 2009 at 08:17 PM.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Heh, I double checked because I couldn't recall what the normal level of harvest from the silk plants on live was.

Well considering it was just the canyon walls and grass before, yeah it looks a lot better. Blends a lot more with the Aug side. The sudden appearance of snow covered evergreens on the Kira/Rach side was a bit odd, though. Perhaps a smoother or longer transition on that side. Also, might want to make that road-through-the-tree the last one, any more of those and it will get cliched.

Are there any landscape assets for the spider areas that don't look like they belong in the blight? Something like the webbed trees and giant eggsacs, but less dead--more like just covered in bark and leaves, etc. The area looks pristine except that it is covered in spiders. Where do they live..what do they eat?

Drev

Are there any landscape assets for the spider areas that don't look like they belong in the blight? Something like the webbed trees and giant eggsacs, but less dead--more like just covered in bark and leaves, etc. The area looks pristine except that it is covered in spiders. Where do they live..what do they eat?
    No, there aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Nadia the Gypsy has moved back home to the Land of the Gypsies. Imperial pressure from the Auditor General has caused her to flee. Her "business" enterprise has finally been shut down. Imperial consigners specializing in the sale of technique components breathed a collective sigh of relief.
    I know what you wrote in several messages about this matter and that you think that this is meant in the best interest for the game and for the community. But I still think that this is absolutely unnecessary and wrong. It might be not the majority, but there are still a lot of people that don't want Nadia to be removed (There was a small poll on Order Underground Blog and there were 48% against removing her). What about these people? Do you really want to ignore that fact and push your idea through?

I think it is a very nice feature that there is a vendor where you have the chance to buy specific components at ANY time. It is expensive enough that noone would use Nadia exclusively for component needs. It is more of an emergency backup if you really want something and noone is available to hunt for it. Especially for a pure crafter this can be really useful at times. And I am pretty sure that there will be still a huge market for the adventurers to sell their components on the component vendors.

So please reconsider this move and don't remove Nadia. There is no need to change things that were ingame for such a long time !
    Mysk_unity | Mysko_earth_unity
    Paladin 100 | Helian Adult Dragon 50/100
    Tinkerer 100, Carpenter 100, Weaponsmith 94 and other classes
    ~ Horizons Order Server (Ex-Unity/Ex-Earth)~

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

i also did not want nadia to be eliminated.
    unfortunately, it seems as if she had joined her clan and is no longer available.
    maybe she got tired of being called a highway robber?
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

I understand completely that not everyone was happy that Nadia was removed. However, she has been removed and for the foreseeable future she is not coming back.

This patch has not even made it to live servers in order to see if players will step up and provide the needed comps and sales between players increase, as I expect they will.

I'd ask that you please give everyone on your server who enjoys spending their time hunting for technique components a chance. Give them some time to stock the new vendors in Bristugo, Aughundell and New Trismus. Give some time to check out how tech comps are dropping now.

In other words, give Istaria a chance at having a player based economy rather than an NPC based one.

I know on Chaos theres a generous supply of player provided comps for sale on the t6 Clearport consignor.

With the redone loot-tables (as far as animals go) cmop drop rate has improved. Haven't yet tried the Satyr isle mobs but if they receive the same treatment there will be no excuse for leaving nadia in. Dev's have also been shifting around the comps used for techs (yay!) so that not so many techs all rely on the same harder to get components. All that combined means there isn't a need for nadia. Buy from your fellow players.

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    I'd ask that you please give everyone on your server who enjoys spending their time hunting for technique components a chance. Give them some time to stock the new vendors in Bristugo, Aughundell and New Trismus. Give some time to check out how tech comps are dropping now.

In other words, give Istaria a chance at having a player based economy rather than an NPC based one.
    I'm hoping that with this change the economy gets a little jumpstart, but also hoping people do not suddenly get very greedy and boost the prices to insane levels.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Drevar
    No, there aren't.
    Where can I find the texture files for these assets, then?
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDragoon View Post
    I'm hoping that with this change the economy gets a little jumpstart, but also hoping people do not suddenly get very greedy and boost the prices to insane levels.
    I doubt prices will go insane and if they do people are free to hunt for components themselves.
    The pure crafters have no need for extreme prices and neither will the pure adventurers, if adventurers ask insane prices so will crafters when asked to craft something.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

People keep spinning around and around on this Nadia thing. I spent a little over 2 hours hunting Energized Kwellens on Elnath. 27 Kwellens later I had 1 kwellen energy node. Removing her and not fixing the drops on the WA is a bad thing in my opinion.
    Vengeance 100/100/41 Lunus Dragon on Chaos
    79 Million Hoard
    Moregoth the Hunter 278 rating
    28 level 100 adventure classes

Quote Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
    People keep spinning around and around on this Nadia thing. I spent a little over 2 hours hunting Energized Kwellens on Elnath. 27 Kwellens later I had 1 kwellen energy node. Removing her and not fixing the drops on the WA is a bad thing in my opinion.

Thats bad, I hope that gets fixed.
    Ignem Infernum - Abi in malum rem.
    Ixatchitxl the Defiler - Fafnir who? I was here first!
    Think! Its not illegal...yet.
    Adventuring: aka Genocide, Graverobbing, and Temple Desecration.

I know guran the blacksmith hands out lore tokens, but have also heard he doesn't allow them for exchange back, going to go check this soon. Mabey with the new trainer change we could try to also have a thing to convert tokens to a small amount of coin?

also: Cedar staff description seems to imply it is made of yew.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDragoon View Post
    I know guran the blacksmith hands out lore tokens, but have also heard he doesn't allow them for exchange back, going to go check this soon.
    That isn't a bug.

Mabey with the new trainer change we could try to also have a thing to convert tokens to a small amount of coin?
    No, but we will be addressing this in another way. For now, they have little use anymore.

Thread Information