Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dragon / Khutit abilities

Default Re: Dragon / Khutit abilities

it was my understanding, this is from a couple years ago, that it is a all or nothing deal. They can not turn on certain in air ability's.

Awww. :/

~Galde

Quote Originally Posted by Galdethriel View Post
    I wonder when people will get it that when a suggestion is made, it isn't a directive to put it in RIGHT NOW with no regards to the actual difficulty of it. I wonder when people will get it that perhaps everyone is not so thick as they like to make out. I wonder when those people will 'get it'.
    Maybe people should not jump on the badwagon by every bit they hear or want to hear what will in the game. The flying/dragonriding suggestion was made over and over, and it is like beating a dead horse, and that is not even funny anymore. Building aircastles is fine, but it doesn't bring it any further when they are suggested over and over again when the answear is already there.

Entirely missing the point. What I was saying was that I heard that the animations which we use as emotes originated from slight development into what may have been intended to be aerial combat. IF that is true, then it can be assumed that IF they planned aerial combat, the client MIGHT be able to access abilities while flying. And from the way Deth put it: "The ability to activate abilities in the air was removed because of exploits." I think that it hints that the game IS capable of activating these abilities. Then an air sprint is a possibility?

My next real question is, is it possible to pick-and-choose which abilities can be activated in the air and which can't?

~Galde
    Because someone joe said to you something that doesnt mean it is true. And in the past they planned much for the game, but not even 75% made it into the game, if you take a look at the old concepts you get maybe a idea how big the "old horizons" was planned.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •Â«

what exactly in this game isn't unfair against the hatchies?
    You forget: Balancing is and shouldn't be focussed on hatchling Dragons and Adult dragons. As far as I know it's based on Ancients, since it's the final stage for the dragon classes. The hatchling and adult stages are only temporary, unless for those who choose to remain in one of those states. Those who do are putting a handicap on themselves. You can't compare hatchlings to other races really, since like I said: They're only meant to be a temporary state. If yer gonna start the whole dragon vs biped thing again, then atleast compare them to ancients.

As for flight.. The game seems to focus more on the x and y location of players in the game world. The game seems to want to place the player right on top of the geodata/terrain when it gets loaded into view, until the player who just popped into view moves. Then yer client starts to pull the vertical placement data from the server and places the player in the correct spot in the air, but only because it's being loaded right on yer screen. So aerial combat would be a pain due to that, cause it'd probably do the same thing with monsters.
    Also: I could be wrong but for aerial combat to work the whole flight system might have to be re-coded as currently it seems it's just used to get from point A to B in the air.
    So unless if there's gonna be drastic coding changes, I don't think we'll be seeing dragon riding and aerial combat any time soon.

If there's a suggestion you don't like or are tired to hear of, you can choose to ignore it. Freedom of speach, ftw. People are free to say what they want.

Maybe people should not jump on the badwagon by every bit they hear or want to hear what will in the game. The flying/dragonriding suggestion was made over and over, and it is like beating a dead horse, and that is not even funny anymore. Building aircastles is fine, but it doesn't bring it any further when they are suggested over and over again when the answear is already there.
    For every suggestion that's been made before, there will be a slightly different take on it. Different people come up with different ideas, but popular ideas will be repeated. With new views and fresh ideas and opinions, at least these ideas aren't just left to stagnate and rot because people have given up on any achievement. >.>

Because someone joe said to you something that doesnt mean it is true. And in the past they planned much for the game, but not even 75% made it into the game, if you take a look at the old concepts you get maybe a idea how big the "old horizons" was planned.
    So I'm just supposed to assume the worst of the game in every possible way, against the evidence, 'just because'? If I've heard something and I see evidence to suggest that it is true, I am naturally inclined to be inquisitive. Note my clear and deliberate overuse of the words 'perhaps', 'maybe' etc. etc. I've already looked at the concepts, I've been told about how 'old horizons' was planned and how it's different now. It doesn't mean I should condemn curiousity.

You forget: Balancing is and shouldn't be focussed on hatchling Dragons and Adult dragons. As far as I know it's based on Ancients, since it's the final stage for the dragon classes. The hatchling and adult stages are only temporary, unless for those who choose to remain in one of those states. Those who do are putting a handicap on themselves. You can't compare hatchlings to other races really, since like I said: They're only meant to be a temporary state. If yer gonna start the whole dragon vs biped thing again, then atleast compare them to ancients.
    Firstly, I know.

Secondly, you overlooked my actual reasoning and jumped straight into what was a joke.

Thirdly, it could be argued that a hatchling state is sort of like the 'basic classes' that bipeds get before going into the classes that demand requirements.

And lastly, I've already said that I didn't intend it in a biped-vs-dragon way, in the sense that you're assuming I'm being malicious by daring to touch on the subject even in a lighthearted way. Improvements to dragon flight was my point.

Oh and one last thing: Ancients, as I understand it, were originally only meant to be for the really, really determined players--a rarity. So it could be argued that bipeds should be compared to adult dragons, not ancients.

~Galde

you are so right Zex-
    but anyway- it would be nice if it was posted in the thread(s) where it is already discussed. Makes it easier to choose^^

And btw: Freedom of speach is not only rights- it means duties and responsibilities too!
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    you are so right Zex-
    but anyway- it would be nice if it was posted in the thread(s) where it is already discussed. Makes it easier to choose^^

And btw: Freedom of speach is not only rights- it means duties and responsibilities too!
    Agreed ! A topic merge is a good idea.

I do hope you mean a merge from the time this thread went off topic.
    In the beginning this topic actually had a purpose
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Well it is sorta still on topic-ish... I mean, we were technically talking about dragon abilities so... XD

Of course, off topic is always fun!

So-

Who likes PUMPKINS?

XD

~Galde

Thread Information