Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Titles and Achievements Sneak Peek Discussion

Default Re: Titles and Achievements Sneak Peek Discussion

As an avid collector of stuff like that. Yes you would see people doing it. I may not wear them. But I did the Kion one and need to go out and do the chicken hunter and the others that are there. I think any and all quest no matter the level would be loved and it is not a bad thing to have them for new players.

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    Then it's good you aren't on the design team.
    Wha? I don't really see the correlation between my comment and me being on the the design team.

I didn't say that was my PLAN, just the way it looked, especially considering someone else's post (I think it was Amon) who said that things were getting into full swing as far as the labyrinth goes.

It's really just connecting the dots. From what I've been told, Labyrinth = high-level. High-level != low-level. When a team gets into full swing on a certain project it usually means other projects are excluded for the time being. Therefore low-level is not included in the equation at the moment... That's what I've been led to believe so far, anyway.

Titles are actually already in for a few things at lower levels, and can easily be expanded to more. It's more a question of would anyone take the time to do them if they were put in at lower levels, especially the "kill monsters" ones. If players think that they'd actually be done, I could quickly and easily add titles and achievements to the already revamped T1 area, for example.
    I thought the original question though was "Are there additional titles coming out for lower levels along with the labyrinth"?, not "Could they be added at some point?"...

It was said with humor I think.

Yes that was the second question and she cam back with another question of "Would it be worth my time to do." What is wrong with that? Perfect response I think. It basically says "Yes the tech is there and we can do it what is the interest?"

Then it's good you aren't on the design team.

Titles are actually already in for a few things at lower levels, and can easily be expanded to more. It's more a question of would anyone take the time to do them if they were put in at lower levels, especially the "kill monsters" ones. If players think that they'd actually be done, I could quickly and easily add titles and achievements to the already revamped T1 area, for example.

Oh absolutely they would!! LIke a previous poster mentioned - who cares - THEY ARE TITLES!!

I mean perhaps the Ancients wouldn't go back and do them (unless it was a title they particularly liked and wanted - I would definitely do that).

But as players are leveling up and such it gives them further things to strive for along the way, even say if it was something opened up every 10 levels or something (i.e. new title opportunities). Titles are bigtime rewards and players love'em.

And as players are leveling up they don't have to just think "gee I have to be 100 whatever to even get that..." it gives them something they can work for at each stage of the game - and not just at the end.

And yea I'm nto saying put them in when the Lab. is released - I was more speaking of down the road/later - but hey soon is good too .
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

i have to totally agree, vel - my vel was, heck its been so long i can't remember, but at least 150 rating before she became the defender of the evil place.......
    if its an emblem or title - if you build it, they will come!!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Yeah, I know I would! My favorite title to date is still the 'Slayer of Chickens' title... proudly worn at level 100! If the title fits my character, I'd do it even if it was a low level quest for it.

Big crunchy ancient dragoness of Order

I agree with Frith-Rae's last post on the subject =) In the middlegrounds, it's kind of nice to have thigns to work towards that are fun, along with the regular quests.

Quote Originally Posted by aynessa View Post
    LOL, stolen from World of Warcraft....
    Hah! WoW stole it from my high school D&D games back in the early '80s!
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter View Post
    Hah! WoW stole it from my high school D&D games back in the early '80s!
    *gasps* WoW stole something?! I'm shocked!

*gasps* WoW stole something?! I'm shocked!
    Hehe - as my game-mastering mentor once told me, "the mark of a good GM is being able to steal creatively".
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

And WoW wasn't even the first MMO to do it.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

All MMOs stole something from D&D! (well Istaria stole the dragons )

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Nay! Borrowed!
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan View Post
    They didn't steal it, they just borrowed it without permission

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan View Post
    D&D stole dragons from mythology that has, in various forms, nearly spanned humanity's existence.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Istaria Dragons are NOT D&D Dragons.

thank gawd...I hate the whole "color determines type" thing...
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    And WoW wasn't even the first MMO to do it.
    WoW may have implemented it a bit better

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    Istaria Dragons are NOT D&D Dragons.
    I never said that, but D&D dragons are still 4 legged, fire breathing lizards.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Quote Originally Posted by Theros Ironfeld View Post
    WoW may have implemented it a bit better
    Welcome back, Theros

Thread Information