Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Titles and Achievements Sneak Peek Discussion

Default Titles and Achievements Sneak Peek Discussion

Use this thread to discuss the announcement on Titles and Achievements.

You can find the original announcement here: Titles and Achievements Sneak Peek

Default Re: Titles and Achievements Sneak Peek Discussion

Woohoo!!

More pentagonal shinies!!!
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Sounds like a nice idea and I'm glad to see that emblem stacking options are being looked at.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

Just to be clear, emblems won't stack. They can't because each one is unique. Emblem storage is what is in the works.

Yes, I expressed that poorly. I know they are different and cannot stack. I appreciate that the potential problem of accumulating emblems is being reviewed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

i currently keep all my emblems on my [Red Badges Sash] <ooc - aka in a customized red pouch>
    i'd love a trophy pillar to hang them on :-)

Thumbs down Re: Titles and Achievements Sneak Peek Discussion

LOL, stolen from World of Warcraft....

are you talking about the trophies or the pillar? 'cause i've never looked at world of warcraft so i don't care what they have. a display case of some sort would be cool... maybe a board we could fling the stars onto, like shurikins?
    *grins at the sport that could be*

Quote Originally Posted by aynessa View Post
    ...Achievements were on like Xbox way before Warcraft weren't they? And titles have been in this game a while; they're just adding more.

I'm looking forward to all of these new emblems. Be nice to have more so I can find some that fit my characters better.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Quote Originally Posted by aynessa View Post
    Achievements and titles are common systems predating World of Warcraft by far.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Nooooo! My obsession shall grow even more! *shakes fist*

Are we only going to be able to have one achievement 'quest' at a time or can we just take them all and forget about them? Coz so far that sounds like a little bit of a nuisance to me (in that I know I'll forget to swap quests whenever needed )
    Shadria: Hatchling 22/24/0 - Intorqueo: Hatchling 5/3/0 - Affina: Saris - Pevil: Ancient Lunus 100/100/57 - Zordraak: Hatchling 5/3/0

Yay, more Emblems! Can't wait!

I love those things.

Racia Trejan & Trica - Helians of Chaos
    Salama Lizran - Lunus of Unity --> Chaos (alive but retired)

I look foward to this system, achievements are out in many games (even before WoW) and gives you a sense of accomplishement when you have slayed mob xyz for the 100th time.

Storage, maybe let us have in the equiment window a "emblem pouch" that lets us put the emblems there, they won't take up any inventory space and you have them always with you. Oh and only emblems go into that special pouch. Just a idea.

What I saw in EQ and Vanguard about titels, in your character window you have a drop down menu where you could select the titels for you char that are aviable, would also slove the storage problem, when you have a new emblem you can "scribe" it and have it them in your title menu.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan View Post
    What I saw in EQ and Vanguard about titels, in your character window you have a drop down menu where you could select the titels for you char that are aviable, would also slove the storage problem, when you have a new emblem you can "scribe" it and have it them in your title menu.
    I like this scribing idea. Can just drop down and find the title you want rather than bugger around in a pile of shiny things.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

what queen can resist more titles!!!

so, stop with the teasing already and get to getting the labyrinth!!!!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan View Post
    Storage, maybe let us have in the equiment window a "emblem pouch" that lets us put the emblems there, they won't take up any inventory space and you have them always with you. Oh and only emblems go into that special pouch. Just a idea.
    That is indeed one of the potential solutions we've already discussed.

This was the first suggestion since that is how much games with titles do it (lotro, swg, etc). Unfortunately it would require more new tech than we can do at this time given other technical issues (like vista compatibility and stuff).

Are we only going to be able to have one achievement 'quest' at a time or can we just take them all and forget about them? Coz so far that sounds like a little bit of a nuisance to me (in that I know I'll forget to swap quests whenever needed
    NO, you will be able to get as many as you like at one time.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Will we perhaps see titles/acheivements related to stuff outside the Labryinth (and for lower levels?)
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae View Post
    Will we perhaps see titles/acheivements related to stuff outside the Labryinth (and for lower levels?)
    I doubt it. At the moment, they seem to be focussing on end-game content sort of as a reward for the older players. Later on it's a possibility, but I seriously doubt there'll be any of that coming out alongside the labyrinth...

Quote Originally Posted by SinOfSuns View Post
    I doubt it. At the moment, they seem to be focussing on end-game content sort of as a reward for the older players. Later on it's a possibility, but I seriously doubt there'll be any of that coming out alongside the labyrinth...
    Then it's good you aren't on the design team.

Titles are actually already in for a few things at lower levels, and can easily be expanded to more. It's more a question of would anyone take the time to do them if they were put in at lower levels, especially the "kill monsters" ones. If players think that they'd actually be done, I could quickly and easily add titles and achievements to the already revamped T1 area, for example.

Who cares what level they are? TITLES!
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Thread Information