Thread: Horizons Crafting Calculator (HCC) v2.30 Update

Default Horizons Crafting Calculator (HCC) v2.30 Update

Dear good people,

Horizons Crafting Calculator (HCC) v2.30 got released today. This update contains a few minor database fixes and introduces support for third party plugins: This allows remote websites or applications to collect and process orders, reports and profiles.

Download: http://hcc.reclamation.dk/

Bundled with HCC 2.30 is a Plugin called "HCC Public Order Database" (or HCC POD for short) which allows the istarian playerbase to share orders between clients and crafters. Just create your order inside HCC, export the report to the POD and share the resulting link. Also great to show-off recommended setups of gear and weapons.

The resulting link will look like this: http://hcc.reclamation.dk/pod/?id=yBN1HbqWkm

Of course this plugin is just one example of what's possible. I'll release the full PHP source-code of HCC POD once I've cleaned it up a bit.

To get started writing your own plugin check out the online manual:
    http://hcc.reclamation.dk/?tag=manual&cat=plugins

2009-03-18 - Plugins!

Client

• Added support for 3rd party plugins
    • Added runtime check for vital folders (Temp/, Orders/, etc.)
    • Added support for race requirements at techniques
    • Added commandline parameter handling
    • Cleaned up/prettified generated HTML
    • Fixed several errors with 'Bonus' reports
    • Fixed broken tier selector after a search
    • Fixed item reset after delete
    • Fixed an escaping issue when saving orders
    • Added 'HCC Public Order Database' plugin

Database

• Added Hunters Retribution Formula
    • Fixed minor DB issue at Spell: Combust

Updated by Arcat.
    Kudos to walkerglassmire for feedback/helping out!

Special thanks to Dakoren for the initial idea and testing of the new plugin system.

Known Issues: http://reclamation.dk/forums/index.php?showtopic=1350
    Plugin Tutorial: http://hcc.reclamation.dk/?tag=manual&cat=plugins
    For support please use http://reclamation.dk/forums/?showforum=68

Thanks for listening and enjoy!

best,
    Arcat

Default Re: Horizons Crafting Calculator (HCC) v2.30 Update

Great work again, Arcat. And a nice new feature too.
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

Nice work.

Looking it over I noticed it lists Splinter of ice-Bone for technique Spell: Primal Flash. It actually uses Splinter of Flame-Bone.

Also noticed that Journeyman Spell: Shining Blades isn't listed under summoning spells.

Arcat YOU ROCK! i love this thing

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Spell: Primal Flash. It actually uses Splinter of Flame-Bone.
    Added to list of known issues -> next Update.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Journeyman Spell: Shining Blades isn't listed under summoning spells.
    AFAIK the spell is a quest reward. Is there a formula?

Quote Originally Posted by Arcat View Post
    AFAIK the spell is a quest reward. Is there a formula?
    Yup - there is a formula. But like shining blades it requires quest components.
    Dakoren Ironhand - Multiclassed Half-Giant
    Krondel Bloodclaw - Ancient Dragon

nice work, thank you sooo very much
    "Knowing others is intelligence,knowing yourself is true wisdom.
    Mastering others is strength,Mastering yourself is true power"
    by Lao-Tzu

Still love this program.

One thing I was wondering is if in the future you could code like a checkbox or something to change the values from what is needed to gather to what is left to gather (Needed > remaining amounts). Sometimes I don't do all the lair components in one sitting so stuff that gets done often has to be calculated by hand to get what is left...

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDragoon View Post
    to change the values from what is needed to gather to what is left to gather (Needed > remaining amounts).
    You can quickly set all values to max by Clicking them the arrows by holding down CTRL-Shift at the Report screen.

http://hcc.reclamation.dk/?tag=manual&cat=reports
    "Hold down Shift to add 10 units, CTRL to add 100 and use CTRL-Shift-Click to add 1000"

With this option you can quickly set everything to "Done" and work your way down. Hope this helps!

best,
    Arcat

Quote Originally Posted by Arcat View Post
    You can quickly set all values to max by Clicking them the arrows by holding down CTRL-Shift at the Report screen.

http://hcc.reclamation.dk/?tag=manual&cat=reports
    "Hold down Shift to add 10 units, CTRL to add 100 and use CTRL-Shift-Click to add 1000"

With this option you can quickly set everything to "Done" and work your way down. Hope this helps!

best,
    Arcat
    Had not thought of this, thank you.

Dear good people,

Yet another HCC update has hit the net.. Enjoy
    Please use Live Update within HCC to apply the update.

This very update is critical since there were many changes in technique requirements at todays (Delta 161) live update!
    Please spread the word ingame!

2009-03-19 - Plugins and more!
    Required client version: 2.29

Database

• Spell: Primal Flash now uses Splinter of Flame-Bone
    • Imbued Armor Splinters renamed to Imbued Blight Essence
    • Smash III, Energy III, Craft: Fletching III, Defense: Crush Ward III, Defense: Primal Resistance III and Spell: Fortify III now use Crushing Ogre Club Splinters
    • Augmentation III now uses Resistant Fyakki Eyes
    • Blight III now uses Greater Skeleton Skulls
    • Ice III now uses Ice Golem Shards
    • Nature III and Spell: Concentrated III now use Mountain Wolf Fangs
    • Craft: Cooking III now uses Ice Pygmy Ears
    • Craft: Leatherworking III and Craft: Tanning III now use Greater Blight Bindings
    • Defense: Parry III now uses Redbacked Tarantula Eyes
    • Defense: Pierce Resistance III now uses Redbacked Tarantula Eyes
    • Spell: Freeze III now uses Ice Ogre Jawbones
    • Flame III now uses Citrine Golem Chip a rather than a Werewolf Bone
    • Defense: Slash Ward III now uses Oak Treant Knot and Desert Wolf Fangs
    • Craft: Salvaging III now uses Greater Blight Bindings and Green Necrofly Wing
    • Craft: Jewelcraft III now uses Citrine Golem Chip and Gold Golem Fragments

Updated by Arcat
    Kudos to Dakoren and Guaran for feedback/helping out.. the two usual HCC heroes

Known Issues: http://reclamation.dk/forums/index.php?showtopic=1350
    Plugin Tutorial: http://hcc.reclamation.dk/?tag=manual&cat=plugins
    For support please use http://reclamation.dk/forums/?showforum=68[/quote]

Thanks for flying with the parrot-air!

best,
    Arcat

Cool Re: Horizons Crafting Calculator (HCC) v2.30 Update

Brilliant work. You do realize, of course, that you've completed roughly 95% of the work toward a reverse-consignment clearing system? Add an offer/counter-offer feature, shard selection, and an expiration date, then have someone donate web-server space, and you will have built something Istaria has badly needed for quite some while.

Regards;
    --------->Hasai

"I feel like a fugitive from the Law of Averages."

Quote Originally Posted by Hasai View Post
    Brilliant work. You do realize, of course, that you've completed roughly 95% of the work toward a reverse-consignment clearing system? Add an offer/counter-offer feature, shard selection, and an expiration date, then have someone donate web-server space, and you will have built something Istaria has badly needed for quite some while.
    o.O

I never thought of that. I just wanted to show off a plugin possibilty and help Dakoren with his project.

Well, it's no big deal to add at least a way to post comments and maybe a search or list. Why don't you go ahead and create a new topic here or the HCC forums and let's start to brainstorm?

Hosting is covered, it's running on my dedicated server with enough GB bandwidth spare.

Talking Re: Horizons Crafting Calculator (HCC) v2.30 Update

I can do that.

New discussion on using HCC as a reverse-consignment system can be found here.
    Regards;
    --------->Hasai

"I feel like a fugitive from the Law of Averages."

Very nice tool, thanks a lot.

Are there any plans to make the profiles "more comfortable" for those of us who don't even everything maxed?. The level progression is known, so if you'd add input for the adventure schools, all the skill levels could be calculated just from school levels (maybe change the skills "tab" into a "buffs" tab). Would be much easier to just keep track of school levels manually and letting the program figure out the skills (and attributes) by itself.

If you need help coding with that part, I am a software developer and my GF lives on another continent currently, so I can help out a bit (unless HCC is coded in Lisp, Tcl, BF or something similar, in which case I would rather eat my shorts than work on the code ).
    Kaph Ranta on Chaos: Ranger, Spellcrafter, Alchemist, Tailor, Jewelcrafter, Fletcher
    LinoRanta on the Istaria Wiki

Are there any plans to make the profiles "more comfortable" for those of us who don't even everything maxed?. The level progression is known, so if you'd add input for the adventure schools, all the skill levels could be calculated just from school levels (maybe change the skills "tab" into a "buffs" tab).
    There are no plans to extend the profile functionality. I think that part has been last touched 3 years ago . It is possible to calculate the base skills from schools, but not vice versa and base skills never represent the actual skill (current skill differs *a lot* due to machines, techs and buffs).

Your suggestion was considered at the planning stage of HCC 2, however got rejected by all devs: There's no way to solve this properly, the user would need to enter the current skill anyways manually all the time (base skill just doesn't matter) and changing a school level would reset your manual entry back to a lower level.

If you need help coding with that part, I am a software developer and my GF lives on another continent currently, so I can help out a bit (unless HCC is coded in Lisp, Tcl, BF or something similar, in which case I would rather eat my shorts than work on the code ).
    HCC is written in C++ (MFC mainly and a few .ocx components) however the profile format is xml based and you can easily write your own helper application to manage profiles. You could even hook into the netlog of the game and create a live profile (I wrote such a tool back in the days, but lost the source, see my signature link).

A "profile parser" would be a great addition and wouldn't fit into HCC anyways. Since HCC has plugin support you can even load profiles straight into your tool. If you got time on your hands, netlog parsing will keep you busy!

best,
    Arcat

Ok, thanks for the reply. I will have a look at the XML then and think about a nice solution to manage profiles "my way"
    Kaph Ranta on Chaos: Ranger, Spellcrafter, Alchemist, Tailor, Jewelcrafter, Fletcher
    LinoRanta on the Istaria Wiki

Thread Information