Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Player Tips and Hints

Default Re: Load Screen Tips

Not sure of what to hunt? Talk to a Trophy Hunter or a Town Marshal for some ideas.

I can’t pass on the irony of this request but one of the most useful tips I’ve found is turning off the Load Screen, which at times one needs to do a lot of traveling, saves a tremendous amount of time. So I guess my hint/tip would be:

To not see tips and hints add the following to a hotkey:

/setpref useLoadingScreen = false

Of course I realize this probably won’t work with the new launcher and I regret that because waiting 3 or 4 minutes every time I jump in a teleporter while the game is receiving land is not my idea of fun. I do hope the new launcher will in some way cut down on load time and not just give us something to read in the meantime.

I think they're talking about the launcher that launches the game, not the loading screen used inside the already-launched game.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDragoon View Post
    Bristugo is a major portal hub, leading out to many of the guild communities, but you will have to attune to it by heading west from Dalimond.
    Correcting myself:

Bristugo is a major portal hub located west of Dalimond. The portals located here lead out to many of the guild communities.

Quote Originally Posted by Xoshara View Post
    I think they're talking about the launcher that launches the game, not the loading screen used inside the already-launched game.
    Amarie posted it was during a time when everything is loading, so possibly the loading screen.

It is possible to have more than one hotkey bar open at a time. Just open the in game menu and select 'Hotkeys' to bring up another hotkey bar. then scroll through until you have the set you want in the new bar.

Hotkey bars can also be horizontal. Just right click on the bar and select from the drop down menu.

Cargo disks are a great way to increase you capacity, although it is a bit like a horse and cart... execpt you are the horse.

Want to change your playing style? Bipeds (not dragons) have 28 adventure classes and 14 crafting classes to multiclass in.

Guran the blacksmith trainer can be found in New Trismus. He offers a wide array of tasks for you to assist with and level your abilities as a blacksmith.

Guran can sometimes be like that one guy in a work crew: Complains about all the work to be done, and stands and watches everyone else do it.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Suddenly attacked by a floating celery stalk? Please announce your location in Dragon and Marketplace to bring Istaria's forces against it.

Please don't kill the Georges! There are only so many of them and tier 6 builders need to make radiant essence orbs.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

- Only Adult and Ancient Dragons can fly. Everyone else just falls.

- Some animals hunt by picking the weakest in a group. Learn to separate your prey before attacking, unless you want more company!

- The Iron Guard of Aughundell needs you! Apply today!

- Got something to sell, buy or trade? Ask your local Consigner what they have on offer, and check the Marketplace chat channel

- Blunting your sword on Golems? Perhaps you should try pounding instead of slicing.

- The Withered Aegis know about healers, and will target them mercilessly when they can.

Wow, I feel a lot wiser while reading these!

..That being said: Did you know that even old players find these tips really useful? Keep reading them!

Istaria is a wide world. Explore freely, don't let the portals restrain your paths!

Every monster has their own weakness. Plan your attacks and combine your skills well to assure your victory!

(..But maybe with slightly different word composition. Curse my non-native English. )

..Humm, anyone's come up with good tips for crafting?
    Last edited by Salama; March 19th, 2009 at 01:51 PM. Reason: More ideas keep coming up! :P

Racia Trejan & Trica - Helians of Chaos
    Salama Lizran - Lunus of Unity --> Chaos (alive but retired)

Tier 1 lairshaping seeming like a problem? Try the triangle of Sandstone Bluff, Copperton, and Pajalsti on southern Genevia island, as well as Garnet Bay and Mala on northwestern Genevia island. Teleports open from Bristugo.

Refurbished items looted from Aegis forces often may be given to dragons to hoard.

No hugging Saphire! And no harming Starlight! (Order shard specific, I know, but still.)

Some golems and treants make gathering resources easy. They come right up to the crafthalls in the field.

Steel is unguarded in Acul. Granite is unguarded in the upper Aughundell mine. Slate is best handled at Snowfall, south of Mahagra.

You know, doing some gleaning from other threads may help, too. (Do you really want all the entries on these copied and pasted here??)
    http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=19190
    http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=11317

Crafting tip: Believe it or not, it's actually EASIER to process a resource beyond optimal for about 10 levels (say, from 18 to 28 for tier 2) before swapping up to the next higher tier. That way, when you start processing the next higher tier, you are usually close if not already at 3:1.

Lairshaping is available at Crafter 22.

Going into biped construction? Raise either miner and gatherer to 16 OR blacksmith, outfitter, and scholar to 18 to get all five construction classes.

Have a super-high craft class? Use it's skill to raise a lower one using the same materials (Carpenter in 80s to raise gatherer in 20s, for instance, can still process maple as gatherer).

... im going to refrain what i was going to say... as of tips:

dragons get scales every 20 levels starting with chest first each scale can be customized to one's prefrence as well as getting a claw slot.

never stop hoarding you'll need it.

always get your quests and finish them they will help you in the long run.

be creative in one's roleplay but dont force anyone into them if they do not wish.

all i can think of for now.
    100/96/21 32.2 mill hoard Killer 87% socializer 47% explorer 40% achiever 40%

Lightbulb Re: Load Screen Tips

1) The buttons on the primary toolbar are mapped to the keyboard's number keys, allowing for far quicker responses to a situation than the usual hunt-and-click.

2) Running around looking for a certain named mob? Map '/select <mob's name>' to a button on your primary toolbar, and run around while hitting the corresponding number key. PING! There he is!

3) For a more realistic experience, turn off mob titles.

4) Dragons can FLY through portals. No ground-pounding necessary.

5) Speaking of dragons flying through portals, while performing a port into hostile territory, fly UP. There might be something waiting for you on the other side....
    Regards;
    --------->Hasai

"I feel like a fugitive from the Law of Averages."

Always use your training points however you like and change them later free of charge over and over again.
    ^.^ *Speed Demon of order..*

Step 1: Get Sammy's Special Underpants
    Step 2: ...
    Step 3: Profit!

In addition to the various skill requirements, Dragons need to be (insert correct number here) days old before they can preform their Adult Right of Passage, gaining the ability to fly. You can discover your character's age by typing "/info".
    Last edited by gopher65; March 20th, 2009 at 01:08 AM.

Originally from Palmyra, now "South Selen".

* The Dryad ponders *

• Nothing like "Home on the Range" for spells to keep the Nasties away.
    • Brightly colored armor is to "dye" for!
    • Better to be thought a "Fool" then be nasty in Market and prove it!
    • Dragons - The other white meat
    • Nasties are slow. Do not be afraid to Sprint by them!
    • Chocolate is a Dryad's best friend.
    • The Deadland's are a lively place. Travel with caution.

~< Gengel >~

Quote Originally Posted by gopher65 View Post
    Step 1: Get Sammy's Special Underpants
    Step 2: ...
    Step 3: Profit!
    Oh my god that is so hilarous! This needs so to be on the load screen!

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

pretty much all of the 'tips' from the /resources/PatcherTips.txt need to be there for posterity
    torvos: shadow to chaos shard

Thread Information