Thread: Development of HCC as a reverse-consignment system

Lightbulb Development of HCC as a reverse-consignment system

Hi.

This is a spin-off of the discussion "Horizons Crafting Calculator (HCC) v2.30 Update" (please read first), in which I noticed that Arcat's current slew of improvements to the Horizons Crafting Calculator (HCC) has resulted in something that has strong potential for serving as a stand-alone front-end for a reverse-consignment system for Istaria. Arcat requested a spin-off thread in which people could brainstorm on what else needs to be brought to the party in order to create a viable first-version system.

Things I've thought of to look at:

• An offer/counter-offer mechanism.
    • Shard selection.
    • Offer expiration (suspense?) date.
    • Delivery scheduling.
    • Email notifications.

Please feel free to toss in your own ideas for the system. Just keep in mind that this will be version 1.0 (oy!), so let's concentrate on simply getting the thing on its feet before we start thinking about leaping tall buildings with a single bound.

Thanks for reading!
    Regards;
    --------->Hasai

"I feel like a fugitive from the Law of Averages."

Default Re: Development of HCC as a reverse-consignment system

Nice work

I'll put up the Wiki on reclamation.dk for the actual development plans.

Public discussion goes here.

best,
    Arcat

Lightbulb Re: Development of HCC as a reverse-consignment system

Heck, I already thought of something:

Let crafters configure their areas of interest and max tier, so when someone needs, say, a cobalt armor chest scale, crafters that have both the interest and skill upon that shard will receive an email containing a link to the new request. "Push" models like this always seem to work much better than one where users have to remember to poll the site.

Regards;
    --------->Hasai

> Let crafters configure their areas of interest and max tier

1. As for (live) search results:

HCC orders (order.xml) contain enough basic data to allow this. This could be covered in 1.0 since we'd need to index the orders anyways for the list and search. Adding a filter will not hurt.

2. For "Push" models:

Of course sending an email isn't the issue (could be an html email containing the actual website output the user would see if he does at manual query). Could be solved by letting crafters save a search result as "email me this result every day". I really fear this feature won't go live before 2.0

I like this idea, people can look at your listings and say "Oh hey, I have this and I don't need it... lets do business." Will it include loot items like crystals?

Quote Originally Posted by Hasai View Post

• An offer/counter-offer mechanism.
    We should break this up a little bit, since it can be anything from "just posting public comments" to a full scale bidding system.

IMO public comments would do. Buyers should be able to comment even without registering. I don't see a problem to mash questions, comments and bids together. I doubt that a single offer will attract more then just a handful of buyers.. in most cases even less... Well, except it's a Boar's Mask

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDragoon View Post
    Will it include loot items like crystals?
    Nope, the base so far is HCC which means only craftable items. For other items it would be required to provide an editor (enter tier, type, name, etc.) and this would open the door for false or incomplete information.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Call it crazy, but what about a something whereby the one who has requested the order can click a box to get rid of the request once the item has been delivered?
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

hmm - initial thoughts ..

An item listed should have a termination date, after which time the poster receive an email or something which needs to be responded to to reactivate the item again.

not sure if this makes sense to you.

Ok, closing suggestions for v1.0 now to get started on the actual planning.

Was the plan put up on the Reclamation wiki at all? Just had a quick look and can't find it.

Lightbulb Re: Development of HCC as a reverse-consignment system

It's a little hard to find; I think we're supposed to go here: http://reclamation.dk/forums/index.php?showforum=68
    Regards;
    --------->Hasai

Ah OK, I saw that one yesterday. There was a reference to putting it in the Reclamation Wiki, not ready to go on there yet perhaps. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by StalePopcorn View Post
    Was the plan put up on the Reclamation wiki at all? Just had a quick look and can't find it.
    The wiki (page) hasn't been set up yet, life keeps me ultra busy since weeks. Sorry guys, I'm simply out of time atm.

np, I too am constantly annoyed how RL takes away from my fun

BTW on a probably related note, I floated a concept in an ideas ticket to create a website to server as a request/order fulfillment system. Was this what you had in mind with using HCC as a reverse-connie? Create order in HCC, upload to <insert website here> and then process accordingly?

Thread Information