Thread: Tips for "pure" crafters to make your time in Istaria better.

Default Tips for "pure" crafters to make your time in Istaria better.

Here are a few tips to make your life easier, if you are a pure crafter, or have very low adventuring skills.

These tips are not digs or jabs. These are serious attempts to help.

The way things are setup now Post-Merge, requires us ALL adventurer and crafter alike to make adjustments in our methods. Both types of players now have extra challenges.

TIP 1: Explore the areas.

So far you may have found the main resource areas. Are they guarded by mobs? If so, then you need to find a route around them. Instead of just trying to run down the roads through the mobs, run the ridges and see if you can't avoid them. Come in through the "backdoor" of an area. A perfect example of this is at parsinia. You can run south along the beach, past the road up to the bronze area, and make your way up to behind the refinery, and drop down from above it.
    __________________________________________________ _____

TIP 2: Explore ALL of istaria.

Did you know about the Nickel/gold/granite unguarded by Harton Valley? How bout the iron/silver/elm by heather? The gold/nickel/granite/cotton by Mahagra? How bout the Nickel/iron by Aughundel? Or the Cobalt By dralk? The Cotton/granite/gems on Trandalar? Or maybe the entire T2 Abandoned Island?

TIP 3: Help yourself by helping others.

If you have found a prime resource location, and there is an unfinished shop or machine beside it, why not spend some time and finish it? This not only helps YOU, but will help the community at large. This could even be extended to player built shops on plots close to resources. A little extra time spent developing a relationship with a plot owner, and some effort could make your life very easy indeed!

Even though all this may seem like well known information, I'll bet I have mentioned things you didn't know. If you have any questions on where to find resources, or a safe route to resources, please send me a tell. I may be able to help, or at least can tell you someone that can direct you better. If I'm not ingame, feel free to contact any in The Eyes of Istaria for information.

As a new dawn rises over Istaria, may we all band together to meet the challenges!

Continuing Development of Horizons... SWEET!

Matecuss

Default Re: Tips for "pure" crafters to make your time in Istaria better.

I would add another one,

Learn the routes taken by adventurers, often they'll have a set pattern when hunting for xp, components or forms. I find that if you stick to these areas you can avoid around 90% of all mobs, as well as getting additional resource from the dead mobs, and from kind adventurers who want to clear their inventories of excess resource.

Morphius

Another tip and i am no crafter but i have seen many crafters ask in market if any hunters are around the area they are craftingand ask if they mind clearing a certian spot for them and i am always happy to help with this when i am in the area and im sure many other hunters like me are as well.

Lil' One

Ill have to agree with exploring.

Im not a pure crafter, as I fight once in awhile....oh who am I kidding, I dont fight unless I have too :/

Anyhoo, there are plently of fields FILLED with resources with no mobs what so ever. I can name 2 silk ones, and a cobalt one easily ( you wanna find them? explore like I did :P )

Plus, You never know what you might find on your trips around the world. Resources for another craft, communities that have tons of stuff on them you didnt realize, and helk, you never know, maybe youll meet the satyr love of your life :P

Thread Information