Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Super armored beetles

Default Re: Super armored beetles

Are you also using the 4 AOE spells we have?

Me? Prime Bolt if it's single enemy and the 4 AoE spells if it's a group. But I'm not the best dragon to go by. Both of mine have power/primal scales and all their points in primal/power. They do more then the average person.
    Nayuaka and Nayukhuut. Freelance Helian lorekeepers of Chaos.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDragoon View Post
    A lot of my attacks were pretty useless but I worked to try and adapt how I fight against giant ice beetles (I don't have a special beetle slayer claw)... found grazing winds kind of helped, not much but a little. Firebreath good... spiked scales also really good. Gold Rage though not as uber as normal still does a fair bit, but mostly I found most damage was from fire breath and spiky scales, and then just healing self to outlast them (fights still went quickly).
    Sure I could still do them quite quickly...
    Tail Whip, Gold Rage, Silverstrike (as fast as possible before hardened scale activates) and if the beetle was not yet dead BoF to completely kill it off...
    But it is quite a difference doing 4 or more attacks and 1 shot them like before and many others still brag about doing with flame attack or conversion claw.

Or if I still want to kill 7+ at 1 time...
    SoG, Spiked scales, Quickening Breeze and later Refreshing Breeze and bombard them with Blast V, Gust V, Tempest V and Barrage V and not to forget Breath of Lightning. and keep healing with Primal Health V...
    (But since I am melee orientated I dont do the damage I could have been doing)

I stick to parts of my earlier statement, eventhough back then I might have been overheated by annoyance about my hoard mobs growing more difficult...
    The beetle change was simply a nerf for dragons and not for the ancients and adults since they move on to other mobs to farm or simply use biped help or conversion claw.
    The nerf really strikes the hatchlings who have to do many quests concerning beetles and might not be strong enough to hunt WA for a claw.
    I remember that during my hatchling days they already were a challenge with hardened scales, but it would seem they are becoming too difficult.

Ow well...
    In some way it is all for the best I guess...
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

I sign that, Rvlion
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Just add a Romp technique to your Prime Bolts: crush damages (beetles are weak to that) and here you go. *shrugs*
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

Try being a nature school centric biped and finding out most of the high level boss mobs have high nature resist, immunity, or are immune to specific effects like root or stun which are primary effects of the Nature school.

Don't feel too bad about beetles, though. My ranger has bow that hits most stuff for over 400 damage a hit with its two 100% chance damage buffs. I might as well be using a cedar longbow against Yew and Thornwood treants or T5 beetles, though.

You aren't alone in having "nemesis" enemy types, and I am sure there will be more added in the future.

Drev

Kind of sad that dragons' nemeses are beetles though. That's... not very impressive XD

I think we should be happy that is is not 6 or 7 different types of monster that other classes can have trouble with.

Quote Originally Posted by Galdethriel View Post
    Then why does Prime Bolt have a fire effect? >.O

Now I'm completely lost.

~Galde
    Because they copy pasted the flame bolt effect on our attack because there wasnt time to make one new of us dragons, but Solitaire is working on making new dragon spell effects.

@Nayuaka:

Primal is wind, fire, earth, water, it is ALL and nothing. So saying primal is wind is not wrong.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •Â«

*Charges in and uses goldrage, hopes for the silver strike to hit before the hardened shell goes up*

*Runs away from the beetle in circles trying not to get hit and waiting for the hardened shellt o wear off*

*Uses gold rage again*

That's how my hatchling has been killing those beetles... Once he had flame attack, THAT was amazing! I ran around one-shotting all those nasty beetles!

After seeing how powerful I was with the flame attack, I decided to kill aegis in NT and hope for a nice fire claw or even a crush claw... no luck yet. I do have a Primal, Spirit, Life and Nature claw.

Question that is kind-of off topic but on topic at the same time: Is there an immunity chart somewhere? It would be nice to know what claws to use when. Or for bipeds to know what kind of weapons or spells they should be using If there isn' that's fine too, I'm always using each claw to see what kils faster anyways! Just thought I'd ask

I believe I saw one of those on the Order Underground site or something, Sssasha...

I think the Wiki is doing it as well.

http://istaria.wikia.com/wiki/Beetle

"Beetles are highly resistant to slash (when Harden Shell on), highly resistance to pierce, vulnerable to crush, vulnerable to spirit, even against everything else."

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •Â«

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Something Tagath primarily overlooked was the use of Snarl. Not sure why.

Then again, I have no idea why Snarl would do crush damage, either.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Just tried some beetles with my warrior before and they are pretty hard. It doesn't help that non-slash attacks seem to do rubbish damage :/ I just felt more inclined to spam gold rage at every available opportunity in a failing effort to dish out some damage. I doubt that was the intention but eh XD

I'll need to look for myself a flame claw or something. Is it possible to tech a claw with fire damage?

~Galde

Just tried some beetles with my warrior before and they are pretty hard. It doesn't help that non-slash attacks seem to do rubbish damage :/ I just felt more inclined to spam gold rage at every available opportunity in a failing effort to dish out some damage. I doubt that was the intention but eh XD

I'll need to look for myself a flame claw or something. Is it possible to tech a claw with fire damage?

~Galde
    not by you, but blighted claws have "converts damage to X" on them sometimes. And there is also the "have biped cast flame attack on you, and you eat everything in one shot."

~Galde
    Well if some people would go over to the suggestion form and maybe take up the gauntlet of moving some of the goldrage damage to other attacks they would not do such bad damage. i would try but I have trouble with vista, and I am not sure of the base damage of what the gold rage would be. I am sure one of our better math wizes would do better.

Well if some people would go over to the suggestion form and maybe take up the gauntlet of moving some of the goldrage damage to other attacks they would not do such bad damage. i would try but I have trouble with vista, and I am not sure of the base damage of what the gold rage would be. I am sure one of our better math wizes would do better.
    I think one of the reasons for hesitation for that, in retrospect, perhaps might be that if you were to split gold rage's power between the rest of the attacks the actual improvement would be hardly noticable at all. You'd've just ended up losing gold rage with no dramatic improvement on the rest of the attacks. And I don't think the devs would be willing to give noticable damage boosts to other attacks anyway, because that'd mean then that the hoard-using attacks would be expected to be even better, so they'd have to be made stronger. I think it's too much of a risk where you will most likely end up with a) severely nerfed dragons or b) severely overpowered dragons. And result b would surely be followed by a big nerf or a return to how things were, leading to upset players or a loss of time on the devs' behalf.

Tentitively theorising of course. :O

Back on-topic, anyhoo, 'cause that's sorta wandering a bit. D: Sorry...

~Galde

God forbid people should hunt something else.

The change also may have been an attmpet to get people to diversify what they hunt. It would truly be a pity for so many mobs in istaria to go unkilled.

Only a small portion of the game is experienced then, quite the injsutice.

In the case of quests, challenge is a good thing, perhaps this is over challenging and need toned back a smidge.

It's far from the end of the world.

Reminds me of the Necrofly adjustments, good times.
    Ignem Infernum - Abi in malum rem.
    Ixatchitxl the Defiler - Fafnir who? I was here first!
    Think! Its not illegal...yet.
    Adventuring: aka Genocide, Graverobbing, and Temple Desecration.

Thread Information