Thread: New Blight Anchors

bigputz

Default New Blight Anchors

Found what I believe to be one of the new blight anchor areas last night in the marble spawn. Killed several of the mobs there with Domtar and had a problem of health bar not decreasing properly on either of our characters. He had the same problem. Due to this we both ended up dead while we were still full health according to our health meters. Had this happen multiple times to both of us and only while fighting these particular mobs. Didn't have this problem anywhere else or against any other mobs so I'm guessing that maybe one of the special abilities of one of these mobs might be causing the problem. I did notice after I recalled the first time that I was still showing a DOT in my effects window. Don't remember the name of it at this time but it was a blight damage spell with a duration of :30 and frequency of :06. Didn't recall immediately the next time this happened and was able to run around the area exploring dead for the next 20 mins up until the time my death penalty finally wore off at which point I fell over dead. Same result with Domtar, fell over dead when dp wore off.

On another note the patch notes sounded like these blight anchors would be in some way dynamic ie. that we could destroy them or that they would spread blight. Can someone confirm this interpretation? If this is indeed the case any chance of getting a clue as to how this might work? Tried to explore the area and see if there was a targetable machine or a boss mob of some type which would allow us to destroy the anchor and I didn't find anything that looked like it would serve that purpose. Any clue here would be appreciated.

bigputz

Default Re: New Blight Anchors

Nevermind about blight anchor info as I found one to destroy last night. Still had same problem with dying with a full health bar though. Had a group of 4 people and we all experienced this multiple times. Seemed to occur against any group with blights in it so maybe its some ability that they are using. They seemed to be the only common things between the groups this occured with.

Staff :: Developer

It's the blights alright, good isolation, thanks we'll get this fixed.
    ~Illyist
    ~Aru

The health update problem is also occuring on the live shards. In the T5 and T6 areas at least, we have managed to single out the Veteran Tempest Blights as the cause.

The Elite Blighted Blights group with 2 Veteran Tempest Blights in the Eastern Deadlands. As soon as the blights are engaged, the health bars stop updating. As soon as the Tempest Blights are taken down, the health bars update again.

Drev

Staff :: Developer

Awesome, thanks Drev!
    ~Illyist
    ~Aru

Thread Information