ForceScanDir
    {
    	string	Dir = "resources_override\resources\interface\maps\"
    }
    ForceScanDir
    {
    	string	Dir = "resources_override\resources\interface\themes\"
    }
    The edited file unfortunately doesn't work if put in resources_override folder and has to stay in Resources... so it will be deleted by next patch.
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

Default Re: client update to 382.17

Ok, thanks very much for the info. Hopefully there will be a way to preserve the setting to be "patch proof" by the time the client goes live.

Knossos

Since I was lately on blight, I saw that the blurry texture bug is still there; I was able to fix it but it is still annoying.
    http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=19959

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Quote Originally Posted by Firebrand View Post
    You have to edit manually your ResourceMeta.def in Resources folder:

Code:
    ForceScanDir
    {
    	string	Dir = "resources_override\resources\interface\maps\"
    }
    ForceScanDir
    {
    	string	Dir = "resources_override\resources\interface\themes\"
    }
    The edited file unfortunately doesn't work if put in resources_override folder and has to stay in Resources... so it will be deleted by next patch.
    Notice that the issue is actually that the file is ordered such that the resources_override is read before the resources directory.

If you change the order to override after the resources directories, then the problem goes away as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebrand View Post
    You have to edit manually your ResourceMeta.def in Resources folder:

Code:
    ForceScanDir
    {
        string    Dir = "resources_override\resources\interface\maps\"
    }
    ForceScanDir
    {
        string    Dir = "resources_override\resources\interface\themes\"
    }
    So that is what the file looks like when done? There are two other lines in mine, both similar and for diff stuff? So do I just need those two ForceScanDir?

Quote Originally Posted by Fridlekh View Post
    There's another exe going out today that looks for custom themes in the resources_override\interface\themes\ folder and removes the resources\interface\themes\ dir from the protection of no_delete. This should fix the problem.
    Doesn't seem to work correctly. I'm using the expanded chat window mod (2 rows of 10 tabs). I have the necessary modded files in my resources_override/interface/themes/default/defs (sub "\" for the "/") and the mod does not work. If I put them into the resources/interface/themes/default/defs folder, overwriting the ones the server replaces, the mod works... till the next patch.

Did this fix not make it out, not work as intended, etc? Am really unhappy that this mod is broken. Especially as the other ones I use work just fine. Am on Order if it makes a difference.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Note: All of the 381.x and 382.x clients are deprecated. The current client is 383.7.
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

Quote Originally Posted by QuO View Post
    So that is what the file looks like when done? There are two other lines in mine, both similar and for diff stuff? So do I just need those two ForceScanDir?
    This is not the full file, only the lines which need to be modified. Edit the file, save it and that's all.
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

Thread Information