Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Vista Client?

Default Re: Vista Client?

virtualization....used to be called virtual machine I believe. You are suppose to be able to run programs in it like you were using XP.
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Death-knell View Post
    virtualization....used to be called virtual machine I believe. You are suppose to be able to run programs in it like you were using XP.
    Sheesh... another word for the sakes of pr and media hype. Well as long as it works I suppose. I hope it doesn't force a program to run in a VM if you don't want it to.

Btw my image was corrupt, or at least the install gave up midway, so that error message after downloading could well be correct. I tried installing using the image on VMWare Workstation, but installing a 64-bit os on a 32-bit host doesn't work too well. Took me a while to twig that one... *sigh*

Rakku

Ok I've now got Windows 7 64-bit installed (6gb of downloading later grrrr). I've installed Horizons already, but I'm just waiting on Avast to install and then patch everything and I'll try and get into Blight.

Oh and driver signing... or not in the case of the 'tards at Netgear not making any drivers. F8 every boot to disable driver signing... Gah!

OH and it's borked my Vista install so I need to repair the bootloader. *sigh*

Rakku

Right... well it works ... with a few proviso's...

The patcher from the website would never work as it was saying "access denied", presumably because I'd installed in the Program Files folder. Security settings perhaps?

Anyway I ran the original Launcher as Administrator (right-click). It ended up patching twice when selecting Blight as the server. First time it installed all the new stuff, and the second time was a much smaller patch of just a few files (gameplay resources by the looks of it). It seemed pretty important to run as admin, as prior attempts without this didn't work (access denied to the patch file lists).

Once it was patched, the game loaded straight away with no issues. Run's pretty damned well too, although I haven't really pushed it with a lev 3 hatchling and a glide mission from the tower of sorcery. By the way you *can't* glide to Trandalar since there's a friggin' invisible wall between the two islands.

Full-size screeny

This is Win7 64-bit Ultimate, the release candidate released to all yesterday morning. My vista still doesn't work. :|

Rakku

Did you have to do anything to run it in Windows 7? I get an error right when I click the Login button.

Are you using I.E? Did you let the app install the web page needs? You will know the app is installed when the Istaria logo appears on the page.

Can you guys add the old icon from horizons.exe to be a second choice for istaria.exe.

Quote Originally Posted by compwiz0620 View Post
    Did you have to do anything to run it in Windows 7? I get an error right when I click the Login button.
    I couldn't use the website to log in at all; I got access denied every time. I had to use the original stand-alone launcher (as Administrator), which then patched and replaced itself with the new launcher/client (for Blight this is), then it did one smaller patch and then the game ran. If I did not run the launcher (old or new one) as admin, I got an access denied error. I think if you install outside of either Program Files folders (i.e. c:\games\istaria) then you could just run it normally (not as admin).

Try installing outside of the Program Files directories.

Rakku

BTW: Vista works again... seemed to be a random glitch that fixed itself, randomly. :|

BBTW: My ATI drivers had installed the .net package 1.1 prior to me installing Horizons. You'll need to install that if you're not using an ATI presumably.

When I installed NET 1.1, I was able to login with the standalone installer without the error. However, I am still in the same boat I was in Vista. I tried all the workarounds, but nothing lets me play on Chaos. :'(

Quote Originally Posted by compwiz0620 View Post
    When I installed NET 1.1, I was able to login with the standalone installer without the error. However, I am still in the same boat I was in Vista. I tried all the workarounds, but nothing lets me play on Chaos. :'(
    for everyone in this boat i would strongly advise a little more patience. The fix will roll live soon enough, a few more weeks next to the time already waited wont be noticed once they have gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Can you guys add the old icon from horizons.exe to be a second choice for istaria.exe.
    I like that idea!
    Dakoren Ironhand - Multiclassed Half-Giant
    Krondel Bloodclaw - Ancient Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonboy View Post
    1. Logging to Blight went perfectly, no problems what so ever getting ingame. Except starting the launcher again after patching because game wouldn't automaticly start when patching was done.(9.5mb re-patch)
    2. Installing the new launcher.
    3. Extracting Istaria-383.2.zip (all files).
    4. Renaming Istaria.exe to Horizons.exe.(and replacing the missing Istaria.exe with the one from the zip file)
    5. Then attempt to log on Chaos with the new launcher (Without patching options enabled).
    Worked like a charm =D

Fourth Attempt:
    1. Logging to Blight went perfectly, no problems what so ever getting ingame. Except starting the launcher again after patching because game wouldn't automaticly start when patching was done.(9.5mb re-patch)
    2. Installing the new launcher.
    4. Renaming Istaria.exe to Horizons.exe.(and replacing the missing Istaria.exe with the one from the zip file)
    5. Then attempt to log on Chaos with the new launcher (Without patching options enabled).
    Succesfull launch ingame for me.
    This procedure worked fine for me after several attempts to get everything in the right place.
    But as for Step #4, I moved Istaria.exe to my desktop, remamed it to Horizons.exe, then moved it back, thus keeping the Orginal Istaria.exe intact.
    Zarkela - Green Dragoness - Helian

Quote Originally Posted by Zarkela View Post
    This procedure worked fine for me after several attempts to get everything in the right place.
    But as for Step #4, I moved Istaria.exe to my desktop, remamed it to Horizons.exe, then moved it back, thus keeping the Orginal Istaria.exe intact.
    You understand what I mean...
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

I tried the vista side of my computer, and for the first time, i had no problems at all i logged into blight, I am not a computer buff or know very much about programs but whatever you did to fix my vista ultima side of my computer it works like a charm, i got into blight and ported and moved around just had to put my chat choice back and my spellbars other then that it worked great.

I am a computer dummy also female of age 70 so i guess you really fixed it this time heheheh.

Lillyjo_chaos server

Oh please, please fix Vista on normal servers!

I have no problems with Vista now on test server but my dragon from long time ago is on Order!!!

Can't wait for this fix i miss Horizons... eerrhhmm... Istaria!!!

Is it soup yet?
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

No, it is still to bugged and causes too much crashes on Blight still.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •Â«

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonboy View Post

Where is this?
    Looking for a "dentist" to fix Lunarya's blue teeth

Lunarya and Akenokoru on Chaos.
    Help make Evarus grow!

Quote Originally Posted by Lunarya View Post
    Where is this?
    The "preview" builds mentioned above have been deprecated by the release of newer builds on Blight. You can get all the .dlls and the Vista client by patching to Blight.
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

Thread Information