Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Vista Client?

Default Re: Vista Client?

I installed the game yesterday. I had no problems at all loging into Blight and creating a new character. Played all day with no glitches at all. Was running real stable for me. I have Vista 64 Home Premium.

Ok... patched and logged into Blight successfully on Vista Home Premium 32bit. I can't see a clear post here to fudge this to work on a live shard? Could someone point me at one or post the steps if they know?

Cheers;

Rakku

The Vista Client on blight is not offically supported on live, so if something goes wrong it is your falut. You can disable the patching and try to login on the live shards with that, a few could get in that way, or make a batch file.

ยป• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •ยซ

So, can we get a ballpark estimate as when this will go live?
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

"When it's Ready" (TM)

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
    Ok... patched and logged into Blight successfully on Vista Home Premium 32bit. I can't see a clear post here to fudge this to work on a live shard? Could someone point me at one or post the steps if they know?

Cheers;

Rakku
    1: Patch to blight
    2: log out
    3: copy istaria.exe and rename it Horizons.exe
    4: log in to live shard of choice with full-scan disabled.

Quote Originally Posted by Shur View Post
    1: Patch to blight
    2: log out
    3: copy istaria.exe and rename it Horizons.exe
    4: log in to live shard of choice with full-scan disabled.
    Aww I tried that step for step, still won't work.
    Noelani of Blight -100 DRA / 100 DRC / 40 DLS / 40M Hoard
    Amryth of Blight - 58 DRA / 35 DRC
    Amecha the Neglected of Blight and Order - ?/?/?/?

Quote Originally Posted by Amecha View Post
    Aww I tried that step for step, still won't work.
    I can only tell you what worked for me and Spirit after explaining exactly what I did.

1. Patch by logging to a blight character.
    2. Installed the new launcher. ( http://community.istaria.com/dl/download.php?t=d&i=4 )
    3. Extract the istaria-383.2 file to the game folder. ( http://bristugo.com/mirror/istaria/istaria-383.2.zip )
    4. Renamed the new Istaria.exe (extracted from istaria-383.2.zip) to Horizons.exe.
    5. Re-extract the Istaria.exe from the .zip file (This makes Istaria.exe and Horizons.exe exactly the same).
    6. Use the new launcher previously installed at nr.2 to attempt to enter the game. (Launcher.exe and NOT HorizonsLauncher.exe.)
    7. Login the game (if it works for you) without a single patching option selected or else every new file you just installed will be overwritten again by the older versions and you can start over.

I wish you luck and hope you manage to get in soon.

(btw... today is maintenance day so check the website to see if the server you need is online or not.)
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

My guess is this will be part of the monthly content patch. but that is just a guess.

The lack of a recently renewed .zip file would indeed suggest such a thing.

I hope you are right and hope it happens soon, would like to see new players on the the servers and forum.
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonboy View Post
    The lack of a recently renewed .zip file would indeed suggest such a thing.

well, the lack of a new zip to download would stem from the vista client being patched out to blight right now, if they need to update it, they only need to change it on blight.

at least, i recall reading in the update notes that the client is running blight atm, and after i read it, i patched to blight with full scan and didn't have to copy anything from the most recent zip.

Yes it is on blight, which is another reason i think it will be this months content patch. This month's live patch is shaping up to be just bug fixes it seems.

Aww I really wanted to visit friends on Order I haven't seen in... forever. No matter what I try, I always get the same error, despite following the instructions perfectly. I am beyond technically illiterate, so I guess I'll have to wait until they implement it on live shards.

It should be an option available now, it's not perfected yet on Blight, but it still works. Even a temporary, non-perfected fix is better than no fix.

The problem with taking the Blight client to live right now is that non-Vista players would be "penalized" with a slightly buggy client. (Mostly having to do with the way terrain is rendered and retrieved from the server, sometimes resulting in a "grid" drawn across the land and missing sectors.)

While waiting till there are no bugs in the client before releasing it to live is somewhat unrealistic, some bugs should be fixed before going live, especially ones that really detract from game play. Trust me, falling 700m and winding up "under" the terrain is no fun.
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS] I am beyond technically illiterate, so I guess I'll have to wait until they implement it on live shards.
    Given the first half of that sentence, i would have to strongly agree with the second as being good advice. With the client working for vista on blight, it should patch to live very soon, and there is no sense in risking accidental damage to your game directory with so short a wait remaining. Sitting tight is the safest option for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Shur View Post
    Given the first half of that sentence, i would have to strongly agree with the second as being good advice. With the client working for vista on blight, it should patch to live very soon, and there is no sense in risking accidental damage to your game directory with so short a wait remaining. Sitting tight is the safest option for now.
    True, just frustrating seeing others get it to work without a problem, and I spend hours following every possible method I can think of and get nowhere. I love Blight, it's my home, but when you're the only one on the shard, or the only active player, it gets boring and lonely. This lonely dragoness wants to see and interact with other living Istarians. Vaulkeepers and consigners only offer so much social interaction, ya know? lol

Give it a little time. Come next month I am sure Blight will be very very hopping.

Aww I really wanted to visit friends on Order I haven't seen in... forever. No matter what I try, I always get the same error, despite following the instructions perfectly. I am beyond technically illiterate, so I guess I'll have to wait until they implement it on live shards.

It should be an option available now, it's not perfected yet on Blight, but it still works. Even a temporary, non-perfected fix is better than no fix.
    Maybe I am a fool now, but I was under the impression that the new launcher that was recently released uses Istaria.exe and not Horizons.exe .

New Launcher: File: Launcher.exe - Istaria.exe
    Old Laucher : File: Horizonslauncher.exe - Horizons.exe

You are correct. The Vista compatible client is called istaria.exe, not horizons.exe.

It isn't the launcher, it's the client that needs to be the right one for Vista really.

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    You are correct. The Vista compatible client is called istaria.exe, not horizons.exe.

It isn't the launcher, it's the client that needs to be the right one for Vista really.
    I get that... thats why you patch to blight and extract the .zip file (with the new Istaria.exe).
    I just wonder how Horizons.exe was used instead of Istaria.exe

Thread Information