Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Player base

Default Player base

Hi im an old player from when Horizons was first released was thinking of returning and was wondering how the player base was.

Default Re: Player base

Growing. If you submit a ticket to the new support site they should get you a trial on your old account so you can come back and check things out for yourself. At least in the past they were and I think they still are. Also there is a thread here about the new Vista Fix they are testing if you use Vista.

Quote Originally Posted by Thugg View Post
    Hi im an old player from when Horizons was first released was thinking of returning and was wondering how the player base was.
    It's doing ok just be warned there's some people that have serious "superiority" complexes that play. You make one mistake with advice or anything to another player and suddenly you have these players that never seem to log off or do anything outside of Istaria trying to belittle you kinda WoW'sih if you ask me but if it makes 'em happy.

Other than that the player base is decent though it's quiet alot. Hope to see you aboard

Depends on what server you go to. Each has it's own quirks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumae View Post
    It's doing ok just be warned there's some people that have serious "superiority" complexes that play. You make one mistake with advice or anything to another player and suddenly you have these players that never seem to log off or do anything outside of Istaria trying to belittle you kinda WoW'sih if you ask me but if it makes 'em happy.

Other than that the player base is decent though it's quiet alot. Hope to see you aboard
    Beware of stalkers too. If you have a character name that's unisex or female you'll get a /tell asking if you're female. If you say male they say sorry and move on, if female they'll start the Mr nice guy and try become your personal mentor with alterer motive of using the game as an online dating agency. I often pop on with trails using my an older Pc with win XP on it to see how things are, without fail I always get a tell asking if I'm female.

I've not had the issue Kumae is speaking of in a long while, granted that was because of the level of my dragon at the time... but thats a rant for another time. As far as what Greenclaw is saying, I've never noticed it.

As far as the population goes it's small, especialy compared to games like WoW or even EQ, but over all it is the most friendly and helpful of any game out there. Returning and new players are generaly treated well. Ask a question and you'll get the answer. On very rare occasions you'll get some @#$@! that thinks you have to player their way, and will try to drive you away, /ignore and reporting them works wonders for those types

Whoa, don't bombard people with negative or anything. Geez. XD

Important thing to note is that the unsavoury types, at least on Order I know of, are the very vast minority. If anyone does bug you don't be afraid to ignore and report them, but do try not to be TOO trigger happy with it. On more than one occassion I've seen innocent players have consequences thrown at them for misspeaking, or on one occassion one was reported just because another player was in a huff with them. And that had consequences for the reported that they didn't deserve. >.>

Always give people one warning before you report them. I think a lot of the time people are antagonised simply out of bias--it's normal, of course, but not everyone is out to make the earth implode. D:

~Galde

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Welcome back, Thugg. Hopefully this means more of Dwarvenholt will be returning as well! B^)
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

welcome back Thugg

The playerbase a good mixture of experienced and passionate Istarians and new players, older and younger ones. Still a great community who most of the time works together for the sake of Istaria.

And even if there are a few, who, lets say get their fun from other resources than the average players^^and some who desperately look for a gf (wth is gf- I had to ask in guild chat first time I was asked^^) this is np:
    First group you can ignore, second ones just tell (if you are female), that you`re old enough to be his mother (or better: grandmother).

Now seriously: Come in and see- meet old mates and find new ones.
    This game is still the best of all- and so is the playerbase
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Boy what a walk down memory lane that was. Really missed this game as i still believe it has the best storyline and crafting. player base, well was pretty disapointed as there were about six other people on all night. Also nothing for sale, consigners closed ?
    has there been any talk of re-releasing the game under the new name ?

The name has already been changed once. With the coming Vista fix more advertising might be done. The consigners were just removed to help consolidate where items were sold publicly. Some nights are better then others for people playing.

Originally from Palmyra, now "South Selen".

Welcome home Thugg. Very nice to see an old friend return.

~< Gengel >~

I was a bit surprised by what I read here-- I've played for about 4+ years now, many characters and all female; can't say I've ever had any problems like what Kumae or Greenclaw described! I've seen the little dramas here and there, and yes a few superior attitudes, but never anything I'd consider to be 'stalker' or harassment level stuff. I've never gotten a tell on any of my characters asking if I was female. o_o

I hope you enjoy your return, if you do, Thugg.

Big crunchy ancient dragoness of Order

I, too, have never been asked if I was female on any of my alts since game launch... I'm now feeling slightly left out! Is it my hair? Long demon-like tail and slight blue-ish tinge? Penchant for icey locations?

Granted, I am not female, but still - where's the love? :P

On Chaos or (on the odd visits) Blight, I have never had any issues at all - everyone has been very friendly and helpful, and respect is treated in kind as one would hope. I have not seen any "1 @m l33T H@X0r give me gold!" requests, except for this one time, at Band Camp...

Keep your eyes on the skies - you never know when a piano might come falling...

Quote Originally Posted by Amerelium View Post
    Keep your eyes on the skies - you never know when a piano might come falling...
    I would have thought that after all those falling piano's during the last year you would eventually run out, or have you bought the factory...

btw... Welcome back Thugg and I hope you enjoy it again the way most of us do.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Quote Originally Posted by Greenclaw1 View Post
    Beware of stalkers too. If you have a character name that's unisex or female you'll get a /tell asking if you're female. If you say male they say sorry and move on, if female they'll start the Mr nice guy and try become your personal mentor with alterer motive of using the game as an online dating agency. I often pop on with trails using my an older Pc with win XP on it to see how things are, without fail I always get a tell asking if I'm female.
    Really? XD I've never gotten that on my alts or my main (most people know I'm female after all), but my boyfriend had a female chasing him and he hadn't even been in the game a week. (though he's hopefully coming back when he's done school for the year!)

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    Growing.
    wow nice

so some new players running around in the starter cities? great

The dev's have stated so yes.

I've encountered a few new players. Some of them are still here and there are some who disappeared...

This being on the Order shard, not many people go there We're a nice bunch, honest!

Thread Information