Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Launcher Problem

Delaware, USA that little state no one knows about XP

Default Launcher Problem

For some strange reason, the stand alone launcher won't work for me and I have to use the website to log in and play. I downloaded the new launcher, but I still have the same problem. Every time I try to use it is says "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click OK to terminate the app." I don't know what this means or how to fix it. :/ I tried reinstalling Istaria, but that didn't work. Any ideas?

If the fix is somewhere plx just post a link to it. I searched, but I didn't find anything. :P
    Anariah, Callihan, Selarth, Osiron, Asandra, Azayan, and Zefani of the Order Shard
    Want a pic of your character? Click here!

Default Re: Launcher Problem

You can download a specialized setup that will ensure your launcher is up to date, and will recreate your desktop shortcut and start menu. Click Launcher Upgrade Download on this page:
    http://community.istaria.com/pg.php/download

Please make sure when you run the setup that you are selecting your Istaria install folder - it will select the last installation folder, but it's good to confirm.

You can manually run the new launcher by double clicking launcher.exe from your Istaria install folder.

Istaria Support
    Last edited by Istaria CS; April 4th, 2009 at 05:03 AM. Reason: added manual instructions

No good. I still get an appilcation error.
    Anariah, Callihan, Selarth, Osiron, Asandra, Azayan, and Zefani of the Order Shard

I tried this new launcher setup on Windows Seven 64 bits. When I try to install it in Program Files (x86) (C:\Program Files (x86)\Virtirum\Istaria for exemple), I got this error:

This doesn't happen if I try to install it in C:\Istaria.

A last thing: when you do several attempt and try to install it in another folder (because of a failure for exemple), there is a problem with the shortcut on desktop. The shortcuts created in the Start menu are correct though.

ex:
    - Installed in C:\Horizons
    - The created shortcut leads to file:///C:/Istaria/Launcher.exe (previous installation)
    - Rename manually to file:///C:/Horizons/Launcher.exe
    - Delete the shortcut, the install folder and the Start menu folder
    - Install it again in another folder (HZtest)
    - Created desktop shortcut still leads to file:///C:/Horizons/Launcher.exe

It can be a bit confusing.
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

I am getting the same things when trying to use the upgraded launch. Before that, had to copy blight patch from another computer and am getting a Microsoft .NET framework error stating "Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click quit, the application will close. Could not find a part of the path that I have found in the files. If I continue, silent patcher runs and runs with nothing happening.
    Master Annai Aditu of the Storm
    Proud member of the Order of the Talon, Chaos
    "I'm a fair, fragile flower of femininity...and if you don't believe me I'll rip your face off!"

Right now there's something not compatible between the latest version of .NET and the Istaria patcher.

When patching, try unchecking .NET so that when you patch it doesn't try to use the .NET framework.

Did that, now getting the message: Could not download istaria_launcher_mainifest.txt - skipping file and will use patcher to download files later. Even tried removing all prevoius files and reloading from disk. Eventually this will work
    Master Annai Aditu of the Storm
    Proud member of the Order of the Talon, Chaos
    "I'm a fair, fragile flower of femininity...and if you don't believe me I'll rip your face off!"

I'm having a launcher problem too... don't know if it's related to this one. This happens as soon as I select my character to log in as.

Please note that I have already updated by launcher, though the weird thing there is that this problem was happening before I updated also.

I'm running a Windows XP machine, not Vista.

<----clicky!

Quote Originally Posted by Favoran View Post
    I'm having a launcher problem too... don't know if it's related to this one. This happens as soon as I select my character to log in as.

Please note that I have already updated by launcher, though the weird thing there is that this problem was happening before I updated also.

I'm running a Windows XP machine, not Vista.

Had the same problem, figured out the URL that the play Istaria on my desktop used was messed up.
    Deleted it and made a new one works fine now.

Thank you, Mairynn! That seems to have done the trick for me, as well. Patching now.

I made a fresh install of the game on Windows Seven for testing purposes using the new installer.
    Like the launcher update, the shortcut created on the desktop gives me the same problem than Favoran. However, if I use directly the Launcher.exe in game directory or the shortcut in the Start menu, it works properly.

There is something wrong with this shortcut. And why is it an Internet type shortcut with a local URL?

It was understable when the desktop shortcut was leading to the login website... but wouldn't a standard shortcut be more relevant today?
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

Exclamation hi, i need alittle help.

i just downloaded istaria (the demo before i sub) i cant seem to log in at all. tells me to log in through the website wheni try the launcher. i try the website i click new character i select Chaos but the play istaria button is greyed out and wont let me click it. so i cant log in through the website either. am i doing something wrong?

at the top it says wait for activeXcontrol to finish loading. but it never does. somethin i need to download?

Default Re: hi, i need alittle help.

When did you download the game?

I ask because the current download should have come with the new launcher. We're phasing out the use of the website for having people start the game, including creating new characters.

You should have an executable in your install directory called Launcher.exe. This will let you start the game and make your character.

If you're having trouble, please submit a support ticket, as we're better able to help you through there than on the forums.

Default Big problem launching the game.

Hey all. So, I've got this little problem. I've patched Istaria through a bit of fenangling. And once I get it patched, and ready to start the game, a warning comes up as such:

"Horizons.exe has stopped working."

I hit the "x" to get the info and it comes up as such:

"The application has failed to initialize properly (0x00000fd). Click OK to terminate the application."

I do so. Now, I'm running Vista Home Edition (64 bit). I click on the "Problem and Troubleshooting little tool and to get the details. This is what I get:
    --------------------------
    Product
    horizons.exe

Problem
    Stopped working

Date
    4/7/2009 2:36 AM

Status
    Report Sent

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: horizons.exe
    Application Version: 0.0.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 44a31023
    Fault Module Name: kernel32.dll
    Fault Module Version: 6.0.6001.18000
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4791a81d
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 00010df9
    OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: cf58
    Additional Information 2: c7028b6e50da49b2b2ad57bc3b02444f
    Additional Information 3: b648
    Additional Information 4: d2b05a4303ac0316a5e8135494021cbf

Extra information about the problem
    Bucket ID: 729779736
    --------------------------------------------------

Has anyone else run into this issue?

I thank any help in solving this...annoying little problem.

i think i get the same thing havent ues the lancer in a ferw days XP . cant ues the luncher any more got to ues the web to log in and it takes for ever to load in and some times it doesent ever wrok :P i'd like to get the lancher wroking agin ^^ ""i dont have vesta i ues xp "" does any one know how we can fix this ???
    http://staronlightwing.deviantart.com/
    Hellenia hord 95869756, lv's 100.100.63 Staron hord 151402610 lv's 100.100.83 Josanna hord 2275812 lv's 100.100.87 Figes hord 126074906 lv's 57.34.00

If you are still having problems with the launcher, please follow the directions in this Knowledge Base article very closely. Everyone who has reports back that the latest updates fix any problems:

http://support.istaria.com/support-c...mod_id=2&id=77

Seems I got it to work. I tried a whole bunch of things, Velea's link included so I'm not sure what got it to work. It seemed I had two launcher.exe. Launcher.exe and I'm guessing the old one. Deleted the old one if that helps anyone who's having the same problem as me.

I wanted to try the launcher update again under Windows Seven. I don't know if something as been changed to it but this time, it created a different shortcut to the launcher from last time.

A real shortcut, not an Internet shortcut. It works much better.

i did what u siad and i am rugin the luncher now ... Downloding a lot of flies now ???? a hole lot .. i hop i am not instaling a nother game ???
    Hellenia hord 95869756, lv's 100.100.63 Staron hord 151402610 lv's 100.100.83 Josanna hord 2275812 lv's 100.100.87 Figes hord 126074906 lv's 57.34.00

untitled_edited.jpg

heres is what i am trying to say ... /// took a good 3o mins to get the pic's to load up :P

Thread Information