Thread: Beetles in newby land.

Default Beetles in newby land.

After recently having done the newby islands Skalkaar and Spirits Island I came to the conclusion that both teach you what you need although there was one issue I would like to mention here.

On Spirits Island not a single mobs attacks you when you come close.
    On Skalkaar however the beetles do attack you when you come close.
    If you don’t expect this it can be quite frustrating. This fact does however enables nice multi-mob bonuses for killing them, but as level 1 hatchling its hard to beat 3 to 4 lvl 1-3 beetles coming after you at once.

I was wondering if the Skalkaar situation is intentional or something forgotten to change.

If intentional it might be nice to borrow one of the 100 blue (unable to turn off) tutorial messages from Spirits Island and warn hatchlings that if they come to close they will get swarmed.

How do you all think about this?
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Default Re: Beetles in newby land.

I think it is common knowledge when you go near a monster that it will bite your butt... And as
    far as I remember the adv trainer don't sends you to those until you are lvl 3 or such, and he says in the questtext that they will attack you in groups and that you have to be careful. If you go as lvl 1 hatchie to them they will anyway teach you a valued lesson that you should not attack something above you and that several mobs can kill you if you don't watch out.

And besides till level 10 you get no DP, so you can try and error until that level without fear.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •Â«

Read your quest text, too.

Your mentor dragon does tell you that the beetles are aggressive.

I was just wondering why there is a difference in mob behavior between the 2 islands.
    Personally I like the Skalkaar situation more then Spirits Island
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Thread Information