Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Level 12 hatchling makes it to Kaa

Default Re: Level 12 hatchling makes it to Kaa

*jingle-singing voice* Recall Recaall Recaaaaall

I wonder if this a good enough event to get posted in the new "Chronicles of Istaria."

I actually think it's a good thing if hatchies now have the slightest chance of surviving to Kaa without having to be on constant watch by a bunch of ancients or whatever. :P

When I did my rites I not me, Merc or Skih survived the battle and I never even saw Kaa. Only when I flew back at level 70-ish did I actually get to see him. I think the fight through the spiral is insanely hard when you consider the minimum level is 30 for the rites... it's kinda being forced to either wait until you're maxed or have maxed helpers (just imagine the army you would need if you could only find people around your level 30ish XD )

Good work Hoberton :P

~Galde

I took Hoberton's challenge to see if I could make it down there as well, and sure enough I did. I just couldn't believe that it was possible to get down there without getting ripped to shreds, even aided, so for kicks I created a new hatchling just for the occasion. No I don't want thunder, I just want the experience.

It was a long, lonely run and jump of faith, but she was able to spend a good ten minutes down in the spiral before getting bored and recalling.

Yes, it is finals week and my creativity has been bled out, so the daring hatchling's name really is Strychnine.
    Noelani of Blight -100 DRA / 100 DRC / 40 DLS / 40M Hoard
    Amryth of Blight - 58 DRA / 35 DRC
    Amecha the Neglected of Blight and Order - ?/?/?/?

Quote Originally Posted by Galdethriel View Post
    I actually think it's a good thing if hatchies now have the slightest chance of surviving to Kaa without having to be on constant watch by a bunch of ancients or whatever. :P

When I did my rites I not me, Merc or Skih survived the battle and I never even saw Kaa. Only when I flew back at level 70-ish did I actually get to see him. I think the fight through the spiral is insanely hard when you consider the minimum level is 30 for the rites... it's kinda being forced to either wait until you're maxed or have maxed helpers (just imagine the army you would need if you could only find people around your level 30ish XD )

Good work Hoberton :P

~Galde
    In theory it would allow Lunus RoP hatchlings to solo Kaa, However considering that Kaa remains a powerfull lvl 60 undead for the Helians he will remain a pain in the butt since they have no phylactery to kill him at that stage their RoP I believe.
    So only Lunus going hatchlings are better of with this chance as far as I can see.
    I would then prefer to see a change in Lunus RoP so that they have to kill Kaa also without phylactery, too few players go Helian as it is because Lunus has lower craft requirement and with this change the Helian numbers will even tumble furthur into oblivion I think.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Definitely, the ROP needs to be changed. A Rite of passage by definition is something a young one needs to do to prove he/she is "worthy" to become an adult. As it stands now many just watch their older friends do all the hard work for them. I redid the ROP at lv 50 with an alt and I am still very proud to have done most of it, except Kaa and Selena, all on my own. I always thought that to make it a real ROP it should be something hard yes but you do on your own.

Quote Originally Posted by Image View Post
    Definitely, the ROP needs to be changed. A Rite of passage by definition is something a young one needs to do to prove he/she is "worthy" to become an adult. As it stands now many just watch their older friends do all the hard work for them. I redid the ROP at lv 50 with an alt and I am still very proud to have done most of it, except Kaa and Selena, all on my own. I always thought that to make it a real ROP it should be something hard yes but you do on your own.

I agree with you 100% Image, When i moved to order with Falstorm Indentesta, i did most of the rop my self got many death points but it was a blast to learn new tricks, Other than Meeeeeeeeeeeeep (Cry) and get an rop handed to me on a Imperial plate. Support is one thing, but having an a Fleet of ancients and uber bipeds walk you throw it is just not a rop, and in the end you take longer to learn how to use your Dragon to its fullest ability in the end . If a fresh lv0 hatching can glide in and make it there with out having any issues. Then the devs need to get creative with there mob spawns, and make it much more difficult if there going to use this trick, Hard , moderately dangerous even for older players, but still doable.
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Quote Originally Posted by lightning claw View Post
    If a fresh lv0 hatching can glide in and make it there with out having any issues. Then the devs need to get creative with there mob spawns, and make it much more difficult if there going to use this trick, Hard , moderately dangerous even for older players, but still doable.
    True, it's not hard to get down to Kaa anymore, but that doesn't make the task of killing him any easier. The hatchling will still need a good deal of support in order to bring him down.

Getting to him by working down the spiral takes an army, and I can't recall the last time it was done. As far as I know, many hatchlings have assistance from dragons who have mastered the art of pulling Kaa out of the spiral to a safer area to defeat him. I don't see much difference between this and taking him out in the bottom of the spire.

Yes, I had to work extremely hard for my RoP, with hoard-crafting parties long before hoardable loot existed. I did my RoP (on Amecha) not long after it was implemented, and was not easy. I did have help, but that doesn't make it any less of a proud moment for me.

The RoP requires help either way, unless you manage to reach maximum ability before attempting it. New players who are drawn to the dragons ARE going to want to fly, that is what will hold them in the game, so prolonging it, delaying it further, or making it very hard isn't going to do much good other than to frustrate a player base that we really need.

I do see what you're saying, and I understand why, but the RoP is still difficult, and takes a lot of effort to get to and finish. The glide ability doesn't make it any easier, just the plan of attacks different.

You're right, Amesha. Kaa's location makes it impossible even for a lv 100 hatchling to get too and kill. (gliding aside that is) I, as an ancient dragoness, could not go down, on foot that is, that spiral alone and survive. He definitely need to be moved out of there for a hatchling to be able to complete the ROP all on his own if he/she ever wished too. My alt doing her ROP walked to and killed Lem alone without any problem.
    OOh do I remember grinding spells to get that 250k hoard and hoping to get to the historian before the leak lowered me under.
    The "good" old days! but we digress...
    Image, feeling old

Quote Originally Posted by Image View Post
    OOh do I remember grinding spells to get that 250k hoard and hoping to get to the historian before the leak lowered me under.
    Image, feeling old
    Yeah, the good ol' days of mass crafting spells for hoard at what, 4-6 hoard a piece? Back then building your hoard took days or weeks, you had to keep up with the loss, and crafting was pretty much the only way to do so. Now I can hunt and gather enough hoardables to get a hatchling from 0 to over 250k hoard in less than an hour. I have some very good memories....

I am sensing a small measure of sarcasm.

Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Quote Originally Posted by Amecha View Post
    Yeah, the good ol' days of mass crafting spells for hoard at what, 4-6 hoard a piece? Back then building your hoard took days or weeks, you had to keep up with the loss, and crafting was pretty much the only way to do so. Now I can hunt and gather enough hoardables to get a hatchling from 0 to over 250k hoard in less than an hour. I have some very good memories....
    Because those were the old days does not mean that it was good.
    The presence of a hoardleak in the game forcing players to craft was bad.
    The lack of hoard items and the lack of decent hoardvalue on dragon scales were bad.
    I was actually hoarding obsidian scales at that time since my craft was very high and it took me many ingame hours of constant crafting to reach the 250k.

The amounts of hoard that drops now is a whole lot better then the old days, would personally prefer a more equal spread across all mobs and not just mostly beetles and or golems and perhaps slightly lowered drop . I went from 4.5m to 28m in max 2 months with an average of 1 hour hunting a day. At both the beetles and after the beetle chance the Fire Opal Golems. I however never want to return to the situation during my hatchling days back on old Wind EU-server

I do believe however to get this thread back on topic that when gliding of hatchlings hits the live shards that Kaa the shade becomes easier for Lunus then it is now.

So far I have not yet done the Helian RoP, but from what I hear under normal circumstances the quest is more demanding then the Lunus version.

Taking into consideration that with the gliding and a bit of patience to wait a Lunus hatchling can solo Kaa without any adds coming to his aid. While for Helian RoP Kaa will still have to be pulled out of the spiral by a adult/ancient to be greated by a large group of players.

To prevent Lunus RoP to get far to easy I believe a change has to be made to the quest so that the gliding can have no real effect anymore to the difficulty of quest.

Make Kaa immune to the use of the Lunus Phylactery or change the quest so that Lunus no longer have the phylactery when facing Kaa.

In my eyes the Rite of Passage must be difficult and never easy. Assisting the young ones on their quest is good, but handing it on a silver plate is not.

Recently I assisted a low level hatchling against the lvl 45 Guardians of Faces, not by fighting his battles but by keeping him healed so that he could make the kills. For him it was more work, but I believe also a bigger accomplishment and not to mention nice experience.

Some will want to shoot me for posting the above, some will say a longer lasting of more difficult RoP will make people leave sooner.
    For the first I say: “have fun!�

For the second I say: “I will never agree with you.�
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonboy View Post
    Because those were the old days does not mean that it was good.
    The presence of a hoardleak in the game forcing players to craft was bad.
    The lack of hoard items and the lack of decent hoardvalue on dragon scales were bad.

The game is ever improving, so yeah it was nasty back then, but the "good old days" more referred to the memories tied to the circumstances, not the circumstances themselves.

It seems a lot of elders complain about how "easy" it's getting, and that certain things should be made more difficult, and yet when it was, players weren't happy. Catch 22.

True... people are never happy.

The only thing I think should be fixed from this post is the whole in the middle of the spawn that is safe. No area down there should be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by image
    You're right, Amesha. Kaa's location makes it impossible even for a lv 100 hatchling to get too and kill. (gliding aside that is) I, as an ancient dragoness, could not go down, on foot that is, that spiral alone and survive. He definitely need to be moved out of there for a hatchling to be able to complete the ROP all on his own if he/she ever wished too. My alt doing her ROP walked to and killed Lem alone without any problem.
    Image, feeling old
    just to note... I have a 100 hatchling who made it down to Kaa without suffering a DP in the least, and she didn't glide down there too...

so, while its not impossible for a level 100 hatchling to get down there alone, it still is quite scary... seeing all those Aegrors and whatnot over there... I was quite shocked that she made it without a scratch on her

Ri'ta'ra'thi Is'mi'nei: Season 100 ADV/100 CRA/100 BLK(former)/100 LSH/ 1.11 BILLION hoard
    Kytitia Pyrrithia: Unparalleled Rating 212 Saris Sorceror, Rating 234 Crafter

Quote Originally Posted by Litarath View Post
    just to note... I have a 100 hatchling who made it down to Kaa without suffering a DP in the least, and she didn't glide down there too...

so, while its not impossible for a level 100 hatchling to get down there alone, it still is quite scary... seeing all those Aegrors and whatnot over there... I was quite shocked that she made it without a scratch on her
    You walked all the way down the spiral? WOW Impressive
    There are tonnes of mobs all along the spiral, how did you manage to avoid them all? Did you find an invisible cloak somewhere?
    Can only say bravo.

ran is more like it... but yes, she did, though, I didn't use sprint either; while I've no idea how she made it there without a scratch, I know I saw all the critters as I was going down and I was expecting every moment to get hit with a stun from those striders and wizards as I ran down...

perhaps she is a favored hatchie of Drulkar's?

Ri'ta'ra'thi Is'mi'nei: Season 100 ADV/100 CRA/100 BLK(former)/100 LSH/ 1.11 BILLION hoard
    Kytitia Pyrrithia: Unparalleled Rating 212 Saris Sorceror, Rating 234 Crafter

Ahh yes... I remember.

Given how much I was able to play back when the Rop first went live, I was pretty miffed when I saw the 250k hoard thing. Many others around just always seemed to be online. It was a good few months of crafting at my rate of play, even crafting optimally, and I staggered to about 225k when some angel came along and gave me a pile of hoard (lots of little things I recall) that just knocked me over 250k. It was close to the mark so I just ran and ran to get the quest started. Just as well since I think the next combat I fought in took it under 250k again. I could have kissed that player, but I know it was a guy so it would have been most unpleasent for both parties.

Even with the new hoard that's about, I think 250k is pretty reasonable. Perhaps the quest needs to be tightened up a little. I remember going down the Spiral whenever I did the Kaa bit, and was Helian ... it was really hard (whole group died more than once over a few evenings) but such good fun and I think an obligatory part of the Rites of Passage. The journey should be part of the quest.

Perhaps the quest holder should have to 'activate' Kaa by passing check points while going down the Spiral. Such a check point could even allow for gliding, if they choose to go there that way. The whole dragging Kaa through walls and up impossible slopes does look rather unlikely when done ... I was on a Unity rop quest in a group and, when I first saw that way demonstrated, I thought... "That's a bit sh*t really".

The quest is essentially very good, although the Lunus one is arguably easier and could use some toughening up.

Rakku

Three words...

Kaa the Shade!
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Thread Information