Thread: Finally Vista?

Default Finally Vista?

Was just wondering how the client is working and if it's alot of trouble to get it set up?

Unlike many of you, I am not very computerized.

Default Re: Finally Vista?

Simple Talk, Yes for blight shard, " NO " for all other shards. But they say real soon. details at http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ighlight=vista

I still waiting also.
    "most times last comes first"

Quote Originally Posted by mixism View Post
    Simple Talk, Yes for blight shard, " NO " for all other shards. But they say real soon. details at http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ighlight=vista

I still waiting also.
    Officially : YES for Blight and NO for the other shards.
    Unofficially :YES for Blight and YES for the other shards (if you manage to get it to work).

While posting this I am gathering copper and tin ore from Chaos shard on my vista laptop.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

I look forward to when the Vista client is released on the live servers!

I downloaded it to my laptop today and have had no problem. Vista home and on Order. Yeah!

What ever you do, DONT RESTART!!!!!!!

To my knowledge the vista fix is not live or there would have been a big announcement that and massive amounts of players returning (i hope)
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Quote Originally Posted by lightning claw View Post
    What ever you do, DONT RESTART!!!!!!!

To my knowledge the vista fix is not live or there would have been a big announcement that and massive amounts of players returning (i hope)
    If you have patched with the vista fix from blight and know what you are doing you can restart as much as you want dosnt matter anymore-

many off are using the vista fix/patch on chaos/order with no problems.

I despise vista, and the feeling is well mutual trowed me, we just do not get along. Personal i hate the ui, I hate how it asks every single time OMG some one is using an app do u want to allow it.

I refuse to work with vista so you got me there.
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

II hate how it asks every single time OMG some one is using an app do u want to allow it.
    I totally agree!!
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Personal i hate the ui, I hate how it asks every single time OMG some one is using an app do u want to allow it.
    You can disable both of these features quite easily. First two things I did when I installed Vista at home were to a) disable UMA and b) turn off all of the "bling-bling". Now my system looks just like Windows XP.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    You can disable both of these features quite easily. First two things I did when I installed Vista at home were to a) disable UMA and b) turn off all of the "bling-bling". Now my system looks just like Windows XP.
    Yeah you can turn all of it off... in addition to this I also disabled the Indexing and Superfetch services, which almost silenced the 'vista hd thrashing' thing. The only thing I can't seem to cure is the hideous time it takes to create a restore point after installing any updates. Any ideas welcome there. Also on my Vista laptop, the OS hd partition is steadily getting smaller and smaller... with only 7gb free out of 93gb, apparently just due to the size of the Vista directories! What's going on! Nothing like that happening with my dell box.

But... now that Horizons works (unofficially) for me in Vista, I haven't booted Xp for an awfully long time. I'm considering removing it entirely.

Rakku

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
    Yeah you can turn all of it off... in addition to this I also disabled the Indexing and Superfetch services, which almost silenced the 'vista hd thrashing' thing. The only thing I can't seem to cure is the hideous time it takes to create a restore point after installing any updates. Any ideas welcome there. Also on my Vista laptop, the OS hd partition is steadily getting smaller and smaller... with only 7gb free out of 93gb, apparently just due to the size of the Vista directories! What's going on! Nothing like that happening with my dell box.

But... now that Horizons works (unofficially) for me in Vista, I haven't booted Xp for an awfully long time. I'm considering removing it entirely.

Rakku
    Limit the amount of space your Vista system restore feature can use on your HDD. It's good to tweak it so it can use no more than 4gigs. Here's a link to a thread on a forum with info on how to do that tweak. Not a good idea to leave such a small amount of free space on your HDD because it's not good for the system managed Page File. Also if you've not done so already run the disk clean up in windows and get it to remove older restore points.

http://thevistaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=16689

Thread Information