Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Racial Quests - AE

Default Re: Racial Quests - AE

I mostly play my Elf, and I've always thought that the Elves seem very charismatic. With that, I think it would be nice if the race had an ability to "soothe" or lessen the aggro range of creatures nearby so they will not likely attack or help their friends.

Having an animal pet might also be an exciting ability for Elves, one that is called forth and only stays for a short duration.

I also think temporary flight forDryads would be afun ability. Likewise, it would be cool if Dryads could summon a treant to their aid, again for a short duration. [:D]

:o Sorry if any of my ideas sound familiar or are in the game. I am just thinking abilities here... going off on a tangent as it were...

Sslik:
    Horns that do damage to meele attackers... Hide that sheds into resources used to make racial armor... Horns that can be gathered and made into ranged weapon augmentations... Speed boosts that allow quick retreat or advancement to a target... Pain resistance (reduces damage received)

Saris:
    Harvestable fur for racial armor... Special critical attacks (claw belly, grip and rake, jugular bite)... attack speed enhancements... stealth/sneak... (like above) pounce attack... Climbing (ability to scale steeper surfaces)...

Half-giant:
    Thick skin (armor buff, passive)... Oversized creation (item augment that makes it bigger and badder)... AOE (area of effect)melee swings and smashes...

Fiend:
    Casting time reducers... Energy/elemental melee attack... Drain soul (drain hp) attack... spell-like abilities (some mage spells as abilities)...

Human:
    Specilization (allows a bonus to current classes base skills, and makes other classes have the same bonus applied to their requirements to enter)... Crafting insights (bonus to craft effeciency)... Banding (more humans in group, the more bonuses to combat or crafting)...

Dwarf:
    Mining bonuses (get more ore/gem resource per tic)... Legendary items (can make gems that can name the item. The naming gem will fit in a socket, add some bonuses, but the main reason is it changes the tooltip name of the item to whatever the maker puts in its field. The named item will not be destroyable, but when its durability is down to 0 it becomes useless until repaired. The item also should not decay, making it a true legendary item)... Evasion due to stature... Increasing capacity limits (tier capacity increases)...

Gnome:
    Radical changes (random chance of double effeciency during crafting)... Uncontrolled meta-tinkering (random chance of adding a spell augment for free, and without the need for resources)...

Satyr:
    Burning hot skin (fire and cold resistance)... Incite/confuse (hopefully bards become available. Bonus to make enemies fight eachother)... land travel speed boost (gets less speed hinderance for non road travel)...

Dryad:
    (like above) Flight... Nature and life magic bonuses... Evasion bonuses due to small size and speed... WA specific bonuses (less damage from WA mobs)... Nature control (allow dryads to get pet mobs like wolves and golems to attack others (will not attack own kind though))...

Elf:
    Elemental Mastery (get crafting effeciency bonuses when using basic elemental augmentations)... Nature craft (crafting effecieancy bonuses with nature augmentations)... Bowmastery (range and accuracy bonuses)... Fighting finess (evasion bonuses using one handed weapons without a sheild)...

Dragon:
    (like i said before) flight combat... AOE breath... Reflective hide (spells have a chance to bounce back to their caster)... Breath combination (mutiple dragons breath attacks can group together for a damage bonus)... Essence shedding (ability to exude essence resources over time or based off of the horde and exude the longer a dragon spends "nesting" on it)...

Well I hope this brings more out from others as far as ideas or insights on making these bear fruit.
    ~=Seikojin=~
    Horizons suggestions
    Dragon ideas
    Ill say it over and over until it is addressed...
    Take your suggestions here . Submit a help request and choose feedback from the list. They cannot ignore their inbox.

Andrew Zozulya

And after all every race can choose any of pathes and evolute in desired direction:)
    I.e. Satyr with meta-thinkering or gnome with AE punchs :)

I play a satyr, and have a few suggestions for my race.

Freedom from roots is a nice ability, but charge right now is absolutely worthless. It is equivalent to the ability petrify that druids get, but with a longer recycle, delay, and less damage. Many people already have this mastered. Also, any non melee satyrs find it worthless, one ability I took off my hotkeys.

Here are some abilities I'd find useful, and suiting.

1. Speed increase, a passive increase in speed from their goatish background. Not really a fan of this idea, but they are known for speed. The idea of a path bonus off of a path from their hooves works as well, but seems powerful.

2. Bonus to nature on a % basis, being in tune with nature, this seem appropiate

3. Increased jump height, being a goat type creature, they are known for their ability to cross mountains with ease

4. A mob taming or immunity type ability. A satyr should be able to play some great music for a short period of time, and have creatures follow them, but be unable to attack (or attacks miss) or something of that nature.

5. Elemental resistance from their fur and skin has been mentioned. It'd work, but other classes would suit this better, I think.

I am more in favour of the jumping and taming, as those two abilities would be very unique to istaria, and add some great lore. Plus the quests could be made very well for them.

Andrew Zozulya

/trolling
    Shortly, if i would play an satyr i could be happy with + 10% to overall damage evry tier, - 10% To damage i could get every tier and + 10% of speed every tier.
    C'mon, we should be relistic
    /trolling off

/Important part
    David, it will be hightly appricate if AE ( i mean both Designers and developers ) would point here what for ideas you have so we can "choose" the best one or the combinations of them. Because all what people post "on they own"will be not taked in opinon by any matter ( atleast we saw it due last 10 month of release and due beta).

Please, state you opinon atleast on possible choice. Because without choices i feel me like "screaming in gloom wihtout any chance to be understand"

Thx in advance,
    Andrew Z.

I heard (not that far so I couldn't answer if it is or not) that dragons loses some statistics for going in Khutit form. Perhaps their quest is to slowly restore their stats to normal or perhaps given a bonus to primal or tooth and claw while in the form. Perhaps even a combination of both. If I'm wrong I'll probably be corrected, but it would make using khutit a viable option while in a group (assuming that it is true that the dragon loses out on some stats while in that form).
    Aziroth Frostscale
    19 seasons spent in the wilds of Istaria
    15 seasons spent in the field of resources

Quote Originally Posted by Aziroth
    I heard (not that far so I couldn't answer if it is or not) that dragons loses some statistics for going in Khutit form. Perhaps their quest is to slowly restore their stats to normal or perhaps given a bonus to primal or tooth and claw while in the form. Perhaps even a combination of both. If I'm wrong I'll probably be corrected, but it would make using khutit a viable option while in a group (assuming that it is true that the dragon loses out on some stats while in that form).
    Nah,
    I'll rather change back into adult in the shop, and squish any gnome standing beside me, instead of restoring stats that I shouldn't be supposed to lose in the first time.
    If a dragon in adult form has the same strength than a gnome, I shouldn't become weaker than same the gnome only by turning Khutit. Unless of course, we get a +100 bonus as adult (to make the khutit par with any biped).
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

Only dragon soz:

Aerial combat:
    Allows the use of attacks and spells in air. Here are the rules:
    * Self-only spells are always available
    * Attack spells and abilities are only available if the target is currently attacking the origin
    ** If at any point targetceases attacking theaction is no longer valid
    (It seems only fair to be able to fight back when attacked in air)

"highly desirable" Breath weapon:
    Make it worth clicking that button will ya? Sometimes I get the feeling it's just a big waste of time => useless

Extra flight speed?

Quote Originally Posted by Gliding Frost
    If a dryad wants to become a berserker, in my mind, they should have a more difficult time then a half-giant cause they're one-quarter the size. It should also be a bigger accomplishment for them...<shrug>
    Actually I think it's closer to 1/16. Without doubt any inpulse would be less though.

Won't get started on the dryads hit as hard as H-G's thing. it's always been a personal pet peev of mine. heh

Saris - A leaping ability that extends jump to great distances. A kick that utilizes the claws on their feet for slashing damage or a bite for puncture.

Half-Giant - Toughened skin, AoE 'earthquake' stunning effect (or even just add a stun capability to Giant's Daze), Strength and HP bonuses. Love some of the other suggestions here too, but won't repeat.

Dryad - Agreed, they need limited true flight. Just makes sense. Bonuses to Dodge and/or Evasion. The flip side to not being able to hit as hard as H-G's is that they are in turn ******** hard to hit.

Gnome - Fire/heat resists make sense to me. Dex bonuses would also be appropriateI think.

Satyr - I loved the idea for a musical stun someone mentioned.

Human - minor stat bonuses to everything. They are supposed to be the most versatile right? Hmm... perhaps an ability that grants a resistance to whatever form of damage you were hit with last. 1 min duration, 15 min timer? Again playing off their versatility.

Hmm... more later perhaps, that's just off the top of my head. ;-)
    Korsh HammerFell
    lvl 100 Chaos Warrior / 57 Cleric / 36 Mage
    lvl 18 Mason / 19 Blacksmith
    Order of the Phoenix
    Crucita in the Realm of Order

Dryads should have real flight. Give me a sling shot and I will improve their current flight :)

Pounce sounds like a good idea for saris.

Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

Here are my suggestions for possible racial abilities:

Sslik: Biting and/or tail attacks. Spit acid/poison. Fire resistance.

Saris: The ability to jump higher, either passive or just a special leap attack. Maybe some boosts to evasion as well.

Half-giant: Resistance to cold. More bonuses to health. A bellow attack that stuns nearby enemies.

Fiend: resistance to cold, or the elements in general. Maybe some sort of special attack or ability related to their dark past.

Human: Cooperative abilities that have a positive boost to others nearby, such as boosts to focus or bonuses to evasion or armor.

Dwarf: Bonuses to certain crafts such as mining, metalworking, stoneworking. Dwarven rage/grudge, temporary bonus to damage and hit, or maybe specific to certain types of enemies.

Gnome: A taunting ability that would be single target at first, possibly area of effect at higher tiers, reducing the enemy's evade and armor as it is too angry to think to defend itself. Another possibility is the Gift of Pie. Gnomes love pie and their mothers are always baking them for them.

Satyr: Racial abilities that would somehow tie in with their cultural aspects from the event to free them (Melody, Revelry, etc.)

Dryad: Temporary real flight. Maybe a magical daze/enchanting ability. Bonus to enchanting ability. Or tree related magical abilities, such as Strength of Oak, Willow's grasp, etc.

Elf: Boosts to evade. Bonuses to woodworking. Some sort of stealth or hiding ability.

Dragons: Already seem to have a lot of tiered racial abilities, maybe give them some schools..
    Gilresk Tesskril, Cleric and Armorer of Crai Aisling of Order
    Owner of the Mahagra Bed & Breakfast for Wayward Elves - Newly renovated in the Glaciers

Saris should be able to climb things. With nothing equipped in their hands they should be able to go up much steeper cliffs than anyone else. They should also have a bare-hands claw attack.

Dryads should have flight; folks above have given good details on that. And they should be awfully hard to hit, being small and flittery.

Half giants and Dragons should have a bit more carrying capacity. And Half Giants should do a bit more damage on melee attacks when they hit.

Humans .. I like the banding idea above, a lot. But we also need something a solo Human can use ... perhaps stoicism, the ability to keep going by force of will? Maybe implemented as a HP boost?

Guess that's what I've got for now.

-Levity Merrel, Crai Aisling, Sans AoP sans stairs in Aiya-on-Pad
    87 Blacksmith/63 Fitter/69 Reaver

Cool! I'll probably never play anything but a dragon but it's still cool:

1. I agree dryads should have limited flight capability. Shouldn't even come close to dragons' but it should be something. Perhaps also an increased affinity to magic in general and nature magic in particular. Dryad tree houses would be appropriate if that ever becomes possible. Because they're so small an increased evasion would fit too.

2. Half giants: Some sort of increated melee damage capability. After all, they're big. The biggest problem I see here is it would be silly for a half-giant to do even more melee damage then it is already doing compared to a dragon which is a whole lot bigger. Hopefully if the dragon ancient ROP increases their damaging capability there will be room for half-giants to increase too. Perhaps they could have special melee moves which do a lot of damage.

3. Dwarves. These guys should be the best in the game at working metal and stone. It would be cool if a dwarven made sword meant it was something special. They should be pretty good in a fight too although maybe not as good as a half-giant. In the old D&D dwarves had an advantage against giant creatures. Perhaps in HZ they could be given an advantage against ogres and such. If you're entertaining thoughts of letting any biped races build underground housing much like what you're working on for dragon lairs, then dwarves are the obvious ones. Maybe give dwaves a big bonus with axes.

4. Gnomes: The thing which comes to mind with them is greatly increased evasion because they're so small and hard to hit. After dwarves I could see gnomes also building smaller underground areas. Frequently they're depicted as having underground dug into earth (as opposed to dwarves who dig into rock). I'm not sure if races other then gnomes can do tinkering, but if they can give the gnomes a big bonus.

5. Elves are depicted in HZ as having a marshal heritage so some sort of increased combat ability seems appropriate. Bows seem an obvious but maybe not just them. I'd also give them a bonus with swords. If you ever are able to extend your housing system to include tree houses then elves seem a natrual for that after dryads.

6. Fiends: They're supposed to be about the strongest in magic so big bonuses to make them even stronger in magic seems appropriate.

7. Humans in HZ seem to be intended not as much middle of the road as in most games, but more attuned towards magic. Perhaps a big bonus in magic (not as big as fiends') along with other stat bonuses across the board. Considering where the WA came from I'd say they should be strongest in things bordering on necromancy. Spiritism maybe?

My suggestion (which I suppose is obvious) is to figure out a balanced approach and then stick to your guns because making the races different is a sure guerantee that there will be whining and complaints. There always are when things are different. What you're doing here is a good thing but there are some childish players looking for things to whine about who will latch onto this.

This is intriguing. I'm going to think about it and maybe post some more ideas.

Saris: furball (hehe like fireball) distance ranged weapon, surrounds enemies with fur that gets in their eyes and stifles breathing so they lose X amount to attacks

hehe

elves - charisma bonus , get things cheaper from merchants, because elves are so ******** sexy *grins* *shakes elf rump* dex bonuses, hhmm...think Legolas..his bow abilities, jumps etc.

giants - strength bonuses

faires/dryads - speed bonuses

dragons - flight attacks

fiends - power/focus bonuses

I would like to see a couple of things:

I would *love* to see a Dragon attack that would have a 10 or 15 minute reset timer, where the Dragon could initiate an attack from the air where the Dragon would dive claw first into an enemy, wings folded, and have the impact cause an effect like the earthquake spells. It really doesn't need to do all the much damage or anything, it is more for eye candy [:)]

I also agree with Dryads having a limited flight ability [:)]

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

It is hard for me to limit this to just questable abilities and not include things that should be changed, imo. So I won't even try. Many have been said before but here is my list of things all mixed together.

General Revamp to bonuses being percentage like the Dryad's have.

Dragon - Better armor to fit the lore or damage resistance(questable) since they are big they are easier to hit but harder to hurt, adults need to hit harder, at least scalecraft should be 10/level, spells need major help (for the masters of magic supposedly teaching everyone else we can't do much) need roots and rez's at the very least...also a dragon epic spell...maybe questable ability for helians to pick up one line of magic equal to 90% of their primal skill with more lines available at higher level.

Saris - Special attacks based on claws and strong legs.

Sslik - Like the no drown ability and the ranged acid/poison spit idea (increase range, accuracy and damage via quests).

Dryad - Timered full flight.

Elves - Ability to lessen attack skill of creatures attacking them that they are not attacking. Their martial heritage has taught them how to position themselves so that only the one they are attacking can get a full shot at them. With higher tiers increase the number of attackers it can effect.

Dwarfs - Bonus to carry but can't fight while using it, they are supposedly almost dragon-like with the desires for metals and gems.

Gnomes - Bonus against larger creatures and a special attack to sensitive areas since they are so small.

Half-giant - Hit harder but with penalty to evasion, they are big, let them work off some of the penalty via quests.

Satyrs - Off road only speed boost, those roads are hard on the hoofs.

Fiends - Tail whip, does no damage but reduces attack and evasion skills against creatures with eyes.

Humans - Ability to quest and learn some spell like abilities of general use no matter what school.

Also, what happened to the special attack that had you jumping into the air and attacking from behind.

Just some ideas, mine and others.

Devast

Fiend: Ability: knowledge of cold: This can be used for a short period of time and would give the fiend self benefits on cold type attacks and give monsters reduction against their cold attacks. This would follow the role play of the fiend being partial to cold weather climates.

Ability to withstand or dodge or reflect back physical/meleedamage: The fiend currently has the ability to bounce back spells via fiendish channeling, however since most fiends follow the casting/mage type routes it leaves us very vulnerable to physical attacks. I don't think it should be as good as Dwarven Toughness, however it is greatly needed to withstand the packs of wolves and other bands that form up. Especially if my binds get broken or I am mass bombing a group.

Abilityof beauty: When used it would enchant an NPC and would allow the chance or possibility to lower their price by a %. Usuable only once(until recycle; I suggest 24 hours), chance of failing, and limited time. The history of the fiend is often described of lore based on the fiends beautiful appearance and the curse of the tail. This wouldbe nice forboth crafting and adventures

Ability of craft increase: This would allowthe highest current crafting skill to be increased by a set amount and for a limited time. Sowhen used it would take my spellcrafting points from 700 to say 750 for xx seconds. The time and amounts can be adjusted based on level increases, ie I, II, III, IV. This would be a benefit to crafters.
    Battlemage...100--------Spellcrafter.....68
    Healer...........100---------Enchanter......42
    Mage.............100---------Mason.............25
    Warrior.............56---------Scholar...........10

I love the idea, though Ibelieve the current racials abilities need to be blanaced before adding more:
    *The passive should be scaleable and I think drayd's is a good one to base the concept off104% ( +42 for lv100 dryad mage; more if trained).
    *Some passive are not appropriate to work like dryad's: Sslik passive is a + to armor, fiend is + to ice skill, Ssaris is + to life, Elf is + to bow.. for these I think that +.5/lv would work well ( +50 at lv 100 )
    *All of the activebase racial abilities should be on par with sslik,dryad,dwarf,elf or gnome in that they are the best ability of it's kindin the game. There is no beter regen than sslik's, is no better evasion boost than dryad's, etc... Fiend's doesnt even have another to compare with and though isnt useable in many situations it does'rule' in the right situations.
    Then you look at human's and their racial doesn't even compare to a lv9 masterable mage ability ( perfect spell ). Granted..perfect spell is pretty awesome, but even if it didn't exist human's racial doesn't even compare to those mentioned above. Possibly give humans a 10-20% spell damage boost for 30secs. The appropriate % is hard to estimate when considering damage boostcould be stacked with burnout tehnafter armor and resists that 20% could easilynet a 50%+ increase in actual damage done.
    Let 1/2 Giants auto hit with thier racial attack, have the stun last as long a lv7 nature spell ( 10 secs ), reduce recycle time to 5mins like all the others...
    Saris...is so weak by comparison to others since we all get sprint. Maybe revamped as a 2nd passive. Start with +5 speed and gain +.1/lv ( +15 speed at lv 100 ) or no start boost and gain +.2/lv ( +20speed at lv100 ).
    Satyr...never played. Pretty clueless about thiers.
    Dragon...wings and hoard kinda out match any of the above..do they really need more? lol j/k, but they don't needany boost to base racials that is for sure.

I will post about the new racials once I have had time to consider them.

As I play a half-giant a majority of the time I'll give my thoughts on how questing could go:

Tier I quests: Level 5: health bonus +5 health (passive) type: kill x of certain WA
    Level 10: Ice Resistance +15(passive) type kill named in the frozen
    region
    Level 15: Giant Daze basic damage just as we have now aoe with chance to
    stun for 3sec (5 min recycle) type: named party spawn, (since it is
    an AoE attack)

Tier II quests Level 25: Health bonus +25 (for total of 30 extra health now) Type Same as
    before
    Level 30: Ice Resistance +15 (for total of 30 ice resistance) Type s.a.b.
    Level 35: Giant Daze damage is 150% of basic damage, increase chance to
    stun and stun now 6secs (5min rec) Type s.a.b.

Tier III quests Level 45: Health bonus +45 (for total of 75 bonus health)
    Level 50: Ice Resistance + 15 (for total of 45 ice resistance) and Ice Ward
    +15
    Level 55: Giant Daze damage is 200% base damage increase chance to
    stun stun now 12secs (5min recycle)

Tier IV quests Level 65: Health bonus +65(for total of 140 bonus health)
    Level 70: Ice Resistance +15 (for total of 60 Ice resistance) and Ice Ward
    +15 (for total of 30 ice ward)
    Level 75: Giant Daze is 250% base damage, increase chance to stun and
    stun is now 18 secs (5 min recycle)

Tier V quests Level 85: Health bonus +85 (for total of 225 bonus health)
    Level 90: Ice Resistance +15 (for total of 75 Ice Resistance) and Ice Ward
    +15 (for total of 45 ice ward) and frigid aura (ice shield that
    damages with ice damage on melee attacks (minor damage 5 to 15
    per attack))
    Level 95: Giant Daze is 300% base damage, increase to chance to stun and
    stun is now 24 seconds
    Tier VI quests Level 105: Health bonus +105 (for total of 330 bonus health)
    Level 110: Ice Resistance +15 (for total of 90 Ice Resistance) and Ice Ward
    +15 (for total of 60 ice ward) and Frigid Aura (damage increase
    10 to 20)
    Level 115: Giant Daze is 400% base damage increase to chance to stun and
    stun is now 30 seconds

Somewhere between the Sacred Silence and Sleep there is Order -System of a Down
    Let's have a war, clean out this place - A Perfect Circle

Thread Information