Thread: Changing classes

Hybrid View

Default Changing classes

Gggggrrrrrrrrrrr! I can't get any of the stupid NPCs to talk to me. All I can get out of them is a nice little hand wave. While that sure is nice and friendly of them, I'd rather they actually talked to me so I can get what I need from them. I've tried everything I can think of to try and reset them so they'll work properly but it's all been a no go, including relogging.

I've run into this problem several times in the past, it took a while but I could eventually get them to finally open up the dialog box so I could take a quest or change classes as needed. But now it seems I just can't get any NPCs to open up the dialog box at all. Is there a way to get around?

Default Re: Changing classes

Check your setting to see if you have dialog set to go to a new chat window or an existing one. I think you want it to a new window. I want to say it has something to do with that as that was I have seen in the past suggested to fix it. Basically if you get the wave the text is going somewhere that your not seeing. If it is set to a new window maybe the window is appearing behind another text box.

I checked and all new tells are being sent to a new window. The window just doesn't want to open up for some reason.

Have you made sure that tells are actually checked off on that long list of text types with check boxes next to them?

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

That is bad! It stopped me once playing for 6 month (no help from EII).
    Now a mate has the same prob-I told him to write a ticket..
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Try renaming the file UICommunicationPrefs.def in your character's prefs directory.
    (prefs\<shard>_<character>\UICommunicationPrefs.de f)
    Rename it to any file that doesn't exist already. I suggest changing ".def" to ".de_".

You'll end up having to re-join all your channels when you log in.

If this doesn't address the problem, you can always rename the file back.

Thread Information