Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Darkest of Nights

Wink Re: Darkest of Nights

1st: To those who were more than super generous with goodies to the Brist Connie on Blight, I say "Thank you with all my heart." You help an extremely frustrated, aggravated, and down right madder than a wet hen spellcrafter complete some spells that I had been trying to complete.

2nd: As to the issue of too many people on Blight and reducing the spawn rate of some of the high level mobs. That can be adjusted with proper balancing, but would require some mad programming skills or upgrading the server hardware (either or those situations are outside our, the players, control.)

3rd: As making Blight more community orientated, well LaughingOtter, you missed the mark. Prior to the lastest rounds of issues (VISTA's introduction and some changes that were made) our community did work together on just about everything. We helped each other with plot building, hunting, crafting, and just community unity. The introduction of VISTA and the other updates along with it, has caused some issues in the sense some on Blight (names excluded) have been "BUM RUSHED" and kicked to the side like a rusted tin can. There are some who feel they are no longer a valued customer. That then causes people to move away from others and creates a rift.

4th: I believe we have smashed and crushed this issue of Nadia long enough to show all the problems of Blight versus Live. I am glad there is Live players willing to come over and aid us, but we of Blight as a whole community should be able to fend for ourselves too. With Nadia's removal as our last "life line" people now see the negative impact. **Enough said on the Nadia issue** If anyone else wishes to comment, please, refrain. The point was made, a beautiful gesture was accomplished by other players ONLY and now we should let the powers that dictate, think on what has been said.

5th: I still find Istaria a place I enjoy.

Default Re: Darkest of Nights

Quote Originally Posted by Spelter View Post
    2nd: As to the issue of too many people on Blight and reducing the spawn rate of some of the high level mobs. That can be adjusted with proper balancing, but would require some mad programming skills or upgrading the server hardware (either or those situations are outside our, the players, control.)
    Any spawn adjustments that are done to blight via data have to be pushed to live as well. So no, no adjustments will be done that are specific to blight.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Guaran, pls- I did not understand what Spelter wrote the way you did.

But how would you feel, if you NEED the help of other shards just to keep on playing. Well, I myself would feel very bad!
    I play this game since 5 years, I read the forums everyday, I know or remember the situation on blight during the years. And I know exactly whom you are talking about.

But like on the other shards situation and population has changed. The attitude, you describe is gone (if it was that significant ever).
    And I understand why Spelter and others miss their ol`mates.
    We all miss mates and friends who left . From time to time- more or less.
    And the situation on blight concerning the loss of Nadia- is worse than on other shards. For obviers, objective reasons.

If we want blight to survive, we need help from players who offer this help unobtrusively and voluntaryly. If there is no special technical solution possible.
    I was kinda abashed about all the thanks and heartful nice words I heard for my small efforts to help.

What blight surely does not need are good advise for "how to`s", prejudice, missunderstandings and animosities!
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

let me preface by saying i certainly do not - and i am 100% postive that spelter does not - want or intend this to be a 'live vs. test' thing at all.

i am sorry if anyone, now or in the past, came to blight and was made to feel unwelcome. i have never made anyone unwelcome on blight until they prove themselves to be unwelcome. i have never witnessed any elder player on blight make someone feel unwelcome without provication.
    i make it a point of greeting and welcoming any/everyone who comes to blight. by the same token, if i happen onto the live shards, i try to discover and adapt to the lifestyle of the shard. i do not come in expecting the live shards to be the same community as my home shard, and i would expect that live shard inhabitants would make sure i know i am violating any taboos or norms.

the gods have spoken and nadia is now longer an inhabitant of blight. we have options to satisfy our needs when they arise. we welcome those who come to us with opening helping hands and stand ready to assist those who need it from us.
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Spelter View Post
    There are some who feel they are no longer a valued customer. That then causes people to move away from others and creates a rift.
    Valued customer AND a valued voice .... This is a feeling I am very familiar with .

We were unoffically , offically informed that the dev's ripped some hardware off genesis the internal server and put it on blight. This is again Unoffical but the increased spawn rate is verry noticable

Well, that was very nice! Thank you, Devs, (if it is so). Maybe I'll hunt instead of lairshape this weekend, then.

I thanked Tak and others in game chat last weekend, but wish to thank you here, as well, for your immediate generosity in filling Blight connies when you heard we had need. The time you spent on blight doing that was time you could have been playing on live, and you gave that out of the kindness of your hearts. You are very generous.

(Personal thanks to Spelter, who bought hoard that you put on the connie, then gave it to me as a gift!. Yum, shinies! )

Kind, generous people across the lands of Istaria.

I hope you didn't eat the legacy hoard items lol. (There where at least tasty I hope)

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan View Post
    I hope you didn't eat the legacy hoard items lol. (There where at least tasty I hope)
    Hmmm...I didn't eat anything I didn't recognize as having eaten before...lol. Silver urns, brass crowns, that sort of thing. They were tasty, though!

But...what are legacy hoard items? (One orb he gave me was unusual to me...studded with red gems, lovely. I stored that away to roll across the lair floor on those times I get a bit bored. Too pretty to eat. Was that a legacy?)

Smile Re: Darkest of Nights

Lovwyrm, we of Blight are glad you aided us. We could not have asked for a better response. It would seem that "community assistance" is cross server capable.

I agree on your posting about the "advise of how tos." I am glad to see some people see we of Blight are not an "albatross" because of our limitations.

Lovwyrm,
    Thank you and your allies for all you have done for us.
    Last edited by Velea; May 9th, 2009 at 01:27 AM.

Thread Information