Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Darkest of Nights

Default Re: Darkest of Nights

Quote Originally Posted by Jayne View Post
    Well if this were a Chaos or Order issue I would say then use other hunters to suppliment Nadia.

But since its Blight you can't. No matter how spawns are adjusted etc, Blight won't be like a regular active shard. From what I'm told it can't be. It can't handle increased mobs and such. Again I'm not a programmer.

This brings up another question and don't take offense. If someone wants to play game and have fun why throw yourself onto a testing shard??? Why not a regular shard? Play on regular shard and when you feel like a conversation or actual testing then play Blight.

My own personal opinion on playing is if I'm gonna throw myself on a testing shard then I need to realize that I'm gonna be effected by many issues that may or may not make things fun.

As far as giving comps to Blight, rather then nadia, why not just have devs throw a bunch of free comps into a GH somewhere and all can just grab what they need..............
    I Did start on a live server.. But it was Vista that made lots of us (well not made but we could play something else..) play in blight... I really enjoy myself here and if it is at all possible they should actually TEST this server... If they want it to be a test server then TEST us... throw things at us like towns being harrased by baddies or our own towns having world things happening to them like fire from the sky etc.... and i am not ranting at you Jayne... just wanted to clear it up as many of us who have just came back hav no other choice but to play here... and i choose to stay now do to the many many new friends i have made here.... Octane

I have no issue with that Octane. There were times I thought of residing there too. So long as your happy and aware of the limits and such then all is well. Sounds like many good friends there so no issue hunting then

Quote Originally Posted by Octane View Post
    I really enjoy myself here and if it is at all possible they should actually TEST this server... If they want it to be a test server then TEST us... throw things at us like towns being harrased by baddies or our own towns having world things happening to them like fire from the sky etc.... Octane
    Defending the town I'm helping build from an invading army sounds like great fun. Do the dev's have any tornado's or earthquakes tucked up in there sleeves somewhere? Or maybe when the blighted labyrnth opens up it will lead to lets say a more agressive invastion of istaria then we are currently accustomed to. I've been told the blight used to invade, maybe they just decided that there tactical situation was wrong and have decided to build a necromantic weapon of mass destruction, ever wonder how that huge blighted crater near tazoon got there?

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixmagi View Post
    As far as fixing blight, i'd say lets assume everyone doesn't read the forums and have some uppers actually visit the shard and lets get some better communication going. Remember again that we did lose our main communication line to you.

See Most of ya Visitor day... the rest in game

-----Sabo Tage-----
    From what I've been told the server starts gimping out at 15 login's and freaks out at 50 or so. With all the new vista players the population has been holding fairly steady at 13-20 people. Given the current rate of population growth due the vista players retuning / or starting new. I'm honestly afraid we are gunna blow something up.

Cool Re: Darkest of Nights

Deth, I am sorry, but the code can be altered per server. It is a simple modification completed after it is moved from Blight, but before it hits the other servers.

It requires what is called an "additional" step, nothing more. I have transferred data between systems and it is a fairly simple procedure. Though it might be a little more labor intensive for a fair programmer who needs to modify the code before it is placed on the next system.

I can appreciate what today's programmer's go through. It is not like old "DOS" or "Punch Cards," but it takes unique people to sit down and write out the hours and days of code to modify just a small portion of a program. I just care to do it any more myself. I found much more interesting things to occupy me in the "Job Market."

I want it known, the programmers do work hard at making the game more interesting and "my hat is or my horns are off to them."

I also appreciate all offers to aid me. Thank you.

I am just stating what the Devs have said. I trust them.

I started Playing on Chaos and was there for a long time. The market there is great (usually) if you need something someone usually has it or can get it for you. Comps where a main hunting item since it was widly used by adventures and crafters alike. i remember going out with big parties (and dying alot) to sytar islands. But the sad news is Blight just does not have that option. before the Vista fix on blight there was alot of times i was on the server alone, and yes i'm a lvl 100 dragon but usually the places i needed to go i couldn't until another high lvl player came on (Usually Elek), I still have alot of the newer quests for dragons unfinished becuase well it's hard to do on your own.

when there is 10/10 crafters on blight most dont even have a lvl 100 class (most are bipeds) How are they supposed to test out the new items for adventure? Nadia helped prepare most of the crafters for the gear they needed to be able to live just to do there crafting. Honestly most of them hate adventure and avoid it like the pleage.

Nadia was a very big part of our community because our population is mainly made out of crafters. Heck they even turned me into one lol

Ok So your looking for solutions to the nadia problem. Since Blight is a Testing server how about helping out our low lvl adventures and give them a few classes that are lvl 100 to beable to hunt for them selves? Besides your going to want us to test out the labrynth.... not sure how good that is going to go since most dont have anywhere close to the lvls to test it out.

Also how about we take a player plot and put a T6 conny on it and you can put the comps and techs on there? There are alot of people on blight that saved up our comps and gave them out freely but there is still alot we dont have that are needed.

The Spawn rates on Blight are very slow so there is another reason we can't get stuff like the live servers.

I know i'm repeating alot that was already said but people that play live or just come over to visit when maint is going on really don't know how hard it is for blighters to get what we actually need.

Money is not an option cuz the only thing we have to really spend our money on is our plot and comps... EVERYTHING else we give out freely to those that need it (and ask nicely hehe). I love blight it's my home and the people are great. I undertand why this has been done on the live servers, but why force someone to play a style that they dont want to do? I feel that this is what is happening on blight, that you are forcing us to be adventures and go out and hunt when we don't like it.

This is just my oppinion but i feel the rest of the regular blighters feel the same way i do on this.

There's gotta be someway to fix this issue instead of forcing us to try to live up to the live servers standards why dont we work together like a team (like we are supposed to be) and figure out a solution that Blight can actually live with?

CC

"Ok, hatchling X needs new scales. I have the forms, I have the techs, I have the ability, but I lack the components.... I'll find something else to do." Everything I craft now is 'tech free.'

Yes I love to craft, and I do enjoy hunting from time to time, but I like my variety. I like to be able to try one monster, and then be able to switch to a different one if I decide I don't like the first one. I can keep changing whenever the mood hits. With components, especially the rare ones, you're forced to hunt the same thing for hours and hours for one component.

The spawns are slow and sparse (the server can't handle the load that live servers can), so you kill the only three in existence, wait 5-10 minutes, kill the 3 again... this goes on for hours, at least if you're lucky enough to survive. You struggle for hours and get nowhere.

I'm impatient when it comes to hunting difficult components, ask anyone. If I don't get what I need within an hour, I give up and play a different game. I know many players who are the same way.

Part of the reason Nadia was removed, if not the main one, was to help the economy of the shards, to allow hunters the ability to sell what they find without her competition. They could earn coin for hunting components. Blight doesn't have an economy that exists, let alone one to improve.

We're crafters, we don't have the hunters available to hunt the components, and our need for them is great. My list for needed components alone is high, and there isn't enough random players to meet the need.

On live shards, Nadia existed.
    It was different on Blight, Nadia knew us like we knew her... we dealt with her several times a day. On Blight she was a staple... we'd always keep up with each other, Blighters supported Nadia and her children, sent her Christmas and Birthday cards, invited her over for BBQs, etc... Now she's gone and our primary dealer, our Wal-Mart is no more.

Last edited by Amecha; May 1st, 2009 at 12:19 AM.
    Noelani of Blight -100 DRA / 100 DRC / 40 DLS / 40M Hoard
    Amryth of Blight - 58 DRA / 35 DRC
    Amecha the Neglected of Blight and Order - ?/?/?/?

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

since it seems we will not be getting nadia back any time soon if at all, i am pleased to post the following:

the crown is most pleased and utterly grateful to announce that our beloved realm will be recieving most honored visitors!
    beloved lovwyrm and some of her preeminent friends are coming to help us hunting the high level tech resources that have become precious since the exile of nadia.
    we have asked lovwyrm to place whatever resources they see fit to gather on the brist connie.
    however, lovwyrm has asked that any special needs be posted to this thread or please contact her in game or via pm and she will arrange to have the resources provided.

the crown requests - nay, commands! - that all bighties and visitors show lovwyrm and her friends all the respect and appreciation our devoted subjects show the royal family. remember they are here to assist, not to slave away.

the royals - velveeta, mourningwood, and snake eyes - most heartily welcome our friends and extend to them all the thanx and affection blight has to give!

its good to know, even in black days, that we have friends, indeed.....

ps - anyone on blight needing resources who cannot provide any requested payment may count on me for coin or other assistance. let me know what you need and i will provide.
    consider this public notification of a contract to lovwyrm and her associates that i will provide whatever assistance they require in trade for their selfless service to my home.
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

LOL, believe I too offered my assistance in my early post Vel, but you said that was not the point........

*blush* I did not want to make it that official^^

Jayne, all help we can get it most welcome!!

We`ll need tons of e.g.Satyr comps and t6 xtals (stats) to satisfy the current demand AND fill up the consis and guild houses, so there is a good reason for the crafters to lvl. adv., and we have a little tolerance.

Some others may need some assistance with quests o.s.
    (e.g. rift run: you still need some well equipped ancients to succeed).

If all who are willing to contribute something donate at least 30 min a week-
    we`ll succeed and have fun.
    For the sake of blight server and our friends there.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

I hope we don't blow up blight when we all rush to it, i think I read that it started to lag when more than 20 people are online D:

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •Â«

yes- lets be careful and coordinated:-)
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

Quote Originally Posted by Jayne View Post
    LOL, believe I too offered my assistance in my early post Vel, but you said that was not the point........
    any help you want to be, jayne, is most welcome, but it is not the point to have to have peeps from the live shards come help us out over something like this........
    as the test shard with a historically low population, i and many other blighties believe we not only deserve nadia, but desperately need her, as this stopgap solution shows.

i have nothing but the utmost respect and admiration for you and most livies, jayne, but as the saying goes, we both need to walk a mile in each others shoes before we can truly understand each other's point of view.
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

The bris connie is bursting atm with comps and other useful stuff, also your scaleset is mostly ready now vel.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •Â«

Quote Originally Posted by velveeta View Post
    as the test shard with a historically low population, i and many other blighties believe we not only deserve nadia, but desperately need her, as this stopgap solution shows.
    Speaking just for myself, I'd say that this solution is not only preferable to Nadia, but far more in keeping with the Istarian community's history of working together and helping one another.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

LO we get nadia had to leave , that's fine she smelled funny and owed me money anyways. And yup banding together as a community is a nice little intro to a great speach i'm sure is coming. Still doesn't change the fact there is limited spawn server wide. And doesn't change the fact that at some point or another we're gonna need comps from those mobs. Lets try to address the real issue that prevent the shard from functioning as it should.

I don't want nadia back. I prefer to hunt for what i need. But the problem starts coming into play when i spend over an hour looking for blue vexies on all the satyr islands and find 3. I don't have a problem hunting the components, i do have a problem when i head out and find an extremely limited supply.

Again i choose to play on the test server I have since it came out.. But if your gonna pin this down to an oppurtunity to band together and hunt as your reasons for why your telling everyone else nadia isn't coming back. Then offer solutions, since all solutions related to server short comings lie on your end and not ours.

Look forward to hearing an informative response from ya....
    Last edited by phoenixmagi; May 1st, 2009 at 08:15 PM.
    Sabo Tage

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixmagi View Post
    And yup banding together as a community is a nice little intro to a great speach i'm sure is coming..
    Nah - Jayne already did the speechifyin'....

--snip--
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; May 1st, 2009 at 10:13 PM. Reason: had to
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Maybe a stupid idea, but I am still going to dump it in the thread.
    If the problem is not really the lack of skill to hunt, but more the drop rate why not dramaticly increase the tech component drop rate to 1 mob 1 comp or at least 1 comp. per 3 mobs for all mobs, inclusing satyr mobs...
    I am a mostly solo player, most ppl who have seen me ingame know that. Also I mostly hunt my own components also on satyr if I cannot buy them. sometimes I am lucky and other times I am spoiling hours of gameplay. But I really dont care if ppl on blight only have to kill 1 mob for 1 component... I would be annoyed if it happened to certain ppl on my server, not another server. Esspecially if it would make life for you guys easier after Nadia was removed.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

LO after everything that was typed that was the part you chose to quote and reply to ?
    Sabo Tage

Thread Information