Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bristugo connie dead on Chaos

Default Bristugo connie dead on Chaos

<sarcasm>Thanks for dragging Fafnir to the gate circle in Bristugo and getting our connie killed off, AGAIN.</sarcasm off>

This is not the first time it happened, where a group of players thought it would be "great fun" to drag Fafnir to the gate circle in Bristugo and let anyone porting in get killed on arrival, and managing to get the connie killed off so he's unuseable until someone resets permissions on him.

That now means that players might have stuff returning to vault that they will have to pay again to re-list, all in the name of a few players' "fun".
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

Default Re: Bristugo connie dead on Chaos

Just like a real WA attack... You do know the Withered Aegis we gifted are officially at war with.
    Part of war is surprise attacks, eventhough it is player initiated what is a dp in this game.
    And I doubt that when players start getting their stuff back from consigner they would be poor and if yes hunt some WA in their level range.
    I think its funny and this kind of things should be part of the game.
    Even if it was just Kaa or Lem with a large battle group in the middle of Chiconis or shadow dragon near Dralk portal. Or a large battlegroup from Deadpool that walk right into Dalimond or Bristugo.

I can understand that the 1hit kill from Fafnir is kinda annoying but I like the fact that someone took the time for it.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

I can understand there ocasionally being a bady making it to a city. But they should definately not be left at a major port in like the landing pad at Brist (which if I understand is where these folks left Fafnir). Imagin being a newbi/ very lowlevel player trying to do a quest and being killed over and over because someone pulled an epic mob like Faf over to where you need to go/pass thru.

IMHO sounds like the persons who did this, did it just to greif other players. If you want to do a player type "event" pull something like that either to one of the little used cities, like Faldean, or keep the it far enough away that other players dont die as soon as they port in. Those not interested in joining in deserve a chance to get to where they need to be.

Furthermore something like this should be announced on the major chat channels to give the lowbies and those not interested a heads up. From an rp standpoint it also makes sence that the gifted be aware of someone as well known as Fafnir is on the move. Someone like that I imagine would generate quite a stir if he were spotted outside a town after all.

Faff in Bris? I`m impressed!
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Tcei View Post
    I can understand there ocasionally being a bady making it to a city. But they should definately not be left at a major port in like the landing pad at Brist (which if I understand is where these folks left Fafnir). Imagin being a newbi/ very lowlevel player trying to do a quest and being killed over and over because someone pulled an epic mob like Faf over to where you need to go/pass thru.

IMHO sounds like the persons who did this, did it just to greif other players. If you want to do a player type "event" pull something like that either to one of the little used cities, like Faldean, or keep the it far enough away that other players dont die as soon as they port in. Those not interested in joining in deserve a chance to get to where they need to be.

Furthermore something like this should be announced on the major chat channels to give the lowbies and those not interested a heads up. From an rp standpoint it also makes sence that the gifted be aware of someone as well known as Fafnir is on the move. Someone like that I imagine would generate quite a stir if he were spotted outside a town after all.
    Before I get misunderstood... I like the idea, not this specific event and was in no way involved with the Fafnir pull
    With the above said I would like to add that:
    1. This is a rare incident.
    2. This is a game.
    3. This is a game in which the gifted are supposed to be at war against undead like fafnir. There is very little fighting except for tech. components or crystal farming.
    4. This is a game in which deathpoints fade, its not like 3 dps and you are trully dead... game over.

I can understand the frustration, but come on people laught about it. It is not as if this happens every day.
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Those players must have been very patient if they drag fafnir from the staging grounds all over brist, I am impressed.

And honestly, it is just a game, chill a bit. List your stuff then on a other connie like aughundell in the meanwhile.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •Â«

As impressing it is to drag Fanfir all the way to Bristugo (heck, I've never witnessed it myself, I'd have loved to! ), I have to agree with Creme: Bristugo is a centre of travelling, for low and high-level players alike. If someone REALLY needed to use the portal to get somewhere fast, I could imagine what a fustration it would be to see a huge epic mob roaming next to you and killing you as soon as you pop out of the landing pad.

Still, luckily it still seems to be a rare occasion. A great idea, but maybe the pullers could have chosen something else besides Bristugo.

Racia Trejan & Trica - Helians of Chaos
    Salama Lizran - Lunus of Unity --> Chaos (alive but retired)

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonboy View Post
    Just like a real WA attack... You do know the Withered Aegis we gifted are officially at war with.
    Part of war is surprise attacks, eventhough it is player initiated what is a dp in this game.
    And I doubt that when players start getting their stuff back from consigner they would be poor and if yes hunt some WA in their level range.
    I think its funny and this kind of things should be part of the game.
    Even if it was just Kaa or Lem with a large battle group in the middle of Chiconis or shadow dragon near Dralk portal. Or a large battlegroup from Deadpool that walk right into Dalimond or Bristugo.

I can understand that the 1hit kill from Fafnir is kinda annoying but I like the fact that someone took the time for it.
    I'm in favor with Dragonboy on this point, we've had a couple incidents on Order where someone pulled Seliena to Chiconis or Dralk and it was a great fun time!

and to get Faffy all the way to Brist? WOW! *Gives a pile of goodies to the ones that did it*

it IS a war and some quests even say that the Aegis are on the move... so if there's a surprise attack, then so be it, I'd certainly join in with claws or spells flying! ^-^

as Gifted, we are supposed to act whenever the Aegis make a move, even if we are totally caught off guard! Heck, back about a year ago on during Memorial Day weekend, I was crafting when those attacks occurred and I was like, yippeee! an invasion!

player or dev-initiated, I think it adds quite a remarkable element to game play, so I agree with both Takora and Dragonboy on this note ^-^

Kudos to you Faffy pullers!

Ri'ta'ra'thi Is'mi'nei: Season 100 ADV/100 CRA/100 BLK(former)/100 LSH/ 1.11 BILLION hoard
    Kytitia Pyrrithia: Unparalleled Rating 212 Saris Sorceror, Rating 234 Crafter

Dont get me wrong, something like this definitely has its own element of fun. But when a player pulls an epic mob to someplace like this some courtesy should be given to the fact that low level players frequent the area. At the very least a simple message to one of the major chat channels so folks at least know what they're in for.
    I personally would keep something like that a little ways away from landing pads and shrines, so that lower level players are not essentially locked out of the game.

I agree, Tcei, this surely cost some players game time. It may be fun for some, but not for all, certainly. The only other place I have seen such an "admirable" feat was on the free game Last Chaos, where wannabe PvPers pulled nasties to the gate of the newb town and watched and laughed as new/low level players logged on and died. Quite amusing...to some.

Pulling Faf to a place where others could go after him, yet those who did not wish to do so could avoid may have been a better idea.

I won't argue for or against this but let me say that when Chasing pulled the Shadow Dragon to Dralk some years ago when I was on Chaos, we had a splendid time! For some reason SD wouldn't aggro on anyone till attacked, so we just gathered round and stared at him, while he released minions that ran off into the sunset... It was a lot of fun.

http://featherdust.critter.net/hz/sh...gonindralk.jpg

Big crunchy ancient dragoness of Order

Quote Originally Posted by Nambroth View Post
    I won't argue for or against this but let me say that when Chasing pulled the Shadow Dragon to Dralk some years ago when I was on Chaos, we had a splendid time! For some reason SD wouldn't aggro on anyone till attacked, so we just gathered round and stared at him, while he released minions that ran off into the sunset... It was a lot of fun.

http://featherdust.critter.net/hz/sh...gonindralk.jpg
    hehe... Cool picture, must have taken an awfull long time to get him to Dralk.

I would like to post one of the Rules of Conduct here for you all to review. Since there is no legitimate reason to drag Fafnir all the way to Bristugo reason except for the sole purpose of harassing other players.

PLAYERS MAY NOT:

13. Engage in “disruptive behavior� that is deemed to include, but is not limited to, conduct that purposely interferes with the normal flow of game-play or interferes with other players’ use and enjoyment of the Game. Such behaviors include, but are not limited to, "camping" a certain spawn or spawn area for lengthy periods of time, kill stealing, loot stealing, and/or resource stealing.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

I wonder, why I`m not surprised...
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

In my opinion as i logged on to game people told me faffy was in bris and flew straight there to get in on the fun an it was a lot of fun the motives was for something fun to do to bring players together and after all was said and done after a few dps .. ones that were still there dead were all rezed..
    just when you are bored u think of crazy stuff to do the Shadow dragon in dralk was really neat nambroth
    just a game not the end of the world
    ~ Agua

and the reason i come up with is to have some fun. i am sure no one in the hunting group said hey lets take faffy to bris. and kill people.. gotta watch those glowing arms :P

Youch. Harassing? Isn't that a little harsh? Quite certain only fun was on the mind of the participants not harassing anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Image View Post
    Youch. Harassing? Isn't that a little harsh? Quite certain only fun was on the mind of the participants not harassing anyone.
    Strange choice of destinations if that is the case, fun could have been had anywhere.
    Tempus fugit, memento mori.

Quote Originally Posted by Tcei View Post
    I can understand there ocasionally being a bady making it to a city. But they should definately not be left at a major port in like the landing pad at Brist (which if I understand is where these folks left Fafnir)..
    From what I saw he was dead within 5 minutes. A group of dragons pounded on him, he didn't last long.

Sounds to me like a hunt, not a grief.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran
    From what I saw he was dead within 5 minutes. A group of dragons pounded on him, he didn't last long.

Sounds to me like a hunt, not a grief.
    A simple check of my logs showed that the fight lasted over 14.5 minutes (all in Bristugo). Send me a PM if you would like a copy of the logs to refresh your memory of the fight, or you could check your own logs to see how long the fight lasted.

I also saw one of the participants run INTO the Bristugo connie and pull Fafnir in there, which is how the connie got killed (and have a screenshot of it also).

The last time this occurred, quite a few players were upset at
    1. porting in, lagging out and then dying
    2. recalling because they died elsewhere, and then arriving at the Bristugo bind only to die again.
    3. The Bristugo connie getting killed and the owner not being around to reset permissions on it for quite some time. I believe the owner at that time didn't have an active sub and had to either get a free trial to reset permissions, or had to resub that account to reset permissions. Players do still use the Bristugo connie and this puts them at an inconvenience. As of this time, the connie is still out of commission (permissions reset to private). And while it may not be a lot of money to you or I, it is a factor to some players; moreover until the connie permissions are reset to public OR items drop back to the players' vaults, this limits how many items they can put up for sale on ANY consigner that you suggest that people use instead, especially since these items are all in "limbo" at this point.

This was a "joke" done in poor taste the first go-around and it was clearly identified as such at that time, yet some of the same players participated in this 2nd go-round and were just as smug about it this time, including stating that they were going to do the same today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

If having epic mobs dragged to Bristugo happened more frequently, I could see some problem with the practice. Similarly, if the consigner was killed with the intent of resetting its permissions, I could also see a problem with that.

Though, seeing an epic mob in Bristugo is very uncommon. The permissions on a consigner getting reset isn't a well-known consequence of the consigner dying, so I'm inclined to believe that result wasn't intended. I'm more amused that some people went through the trouble to drag Fafnir all the way over and managed to pull it off.

Had I been there and died, I'd deal with it -- either recall, or wait for the fight to finish. One death point is no big deal, two aren't a big deal either. Even as a low-level player I'd find the /rare/ experience fascinating. But would I be upset? No. "Ain't no big thing!"

I don't see what the big deal is. Yeah, people got a few unexpected death points, yeah, it "interrupted" their plans, but seeing an epic mob in a peaceful area doesn't happen on a daily, weekly, or even monthly basis. Death points go away with food, XP wasn't lost, any coin lost from re-consigning items is minimal, and the consigner isn't critical to the survival of the economy. Now consider that on a daily basis, almost all death points are unexpected, plans get interrupted, and a similar amount of coin is "spent" by taking expensive teleporter routes and being generous, but how many players shrug and go on? How many of them actually enjoy that "disruption"?

If a WM led an invasion through town, which has happened before -- with similar results, would there be as many complaints?
    Last edited by Steelclaw; May 4th, 2009 at 01:20 AM. Reason: Got enough teeth marks.
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

Thread Information