Thread: The "Moses" effect

Exclamation The "Moses" effect

Sorry if this is a known issue, I tried search, but couldn't find anything.

Almost always when I go to a beach, I won't see any water or it is there for a short moment (< 1 minute) and then vanishes. This seems to be not only a display problem, but unless the sea west/north-west of NT is very shallow seems to bug the "hold your breath" timer as well.
    A while ago I was looking for Sadie's Serene Spot and after not finding it checked the wiki for coordinates. At that time the wiki had the wrong ones, namely 45.037, 15.398. I went there, but of course couldn't find anything, being far from the coast. Even after alt-tabbing for about 2 minutes to confirm the coordinates from another source I was still alive and had no timer either.

Water in ponds and rivers seems not to be affected, at least I have never seen the NT pond empty.

Default Re: The "Moses" effect

I used to experience this on a huge scale when I was playing with graphics settings at a minimal.

I used to have it not only on or arround NT, but everywere near a coast line.
    In fact I could walk from Sslanis to the closest of the 4 T5 satyr island across the oceans bottom.

However after I increased my view distance the "moses" effect as you like to call it has no longer happened to me.

Probably has something to do with when the various "blocks" of water are loaded and the lag you are experiencing during the loading time.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Increasing view distance seems to solve the invisible water problem, thanks

Smile Re: The "Moses" effect

Quote Originally Posted by lino View Post

<snip>

...A while ago I was looking for Sadie's Serene Spot and after not finding it checked the wiki for coordinates. At that time the wiki had the wrong ones, namely 45.037, 15.398...

<snip>
    Thanks for updating the location in the wiki (I'm assuming LinoRanta is you!) And is it my evil mind or does this sound wrong:

"Sadie asks you to find her "serene spot" and gives you the hint that it is to the north and on a beach. "

MMMmmmm.... I remember this effect. Azander ran from the East side of the spiritous swamp to Draak using this effect. I also remember nearly drowning killing water golems but was saved because inly half the water in the lake was loaded

Even if it is a bug, it is a handy one.

I am not really sure if this still can be called a bug.

This issue is known for ages and yet the developers refuse to fix it. I would call it a feature. Things that are bugged for ages and yet not fixed can be seen like features, else they just have to be fixed.
    Dakoren Ironhand - Multiclassed Half-Giant
    Krondel Bloodclaw - Ancient Dragon

For starters, this is a known bug.

Second, we have never refused to fix this bug.

Third, Dakoren your argument is false. It is a known bug and I would encourage you to review the Terms of Service in the EULA about using known bugs. There is no statute of limitations on how long a bug remains in the game before it turns into a feature. A bug is a bug is a bug.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thread Information