Thread: only Blight works for Vista?

Default only Blight works for Vista?

hey, i'm having trouble logging onto the other servers.
    i just downloaded the game a couple days ago, and i have everything right i think because i can log onto Blight server fine and ive been playing on that server, but ive been trying to check out the other servers and when i try to log onto them, i can go all the way through the patch but when the patch says its all done downloading and is trying to boot the game a window pops up saying that the program Horizons.exe has stopped working and that i need to close the program. any suggestions?

Default Re: only Blight works for Vista?

Yup..blight only for Vista..the patch notes somewhere did mention this...it's mentioned on several posts also.

The Vista client will hopefully hit the live servers soon I gues...Im on Vista playing on Blight, hope we get a free character transfer if we want one

K

Quote Originally Posted by abtarus18 View Post
    hey, i'm having trouble logging onto the other servers.
    i just downloaded the game a couple days ago, and i have everything right i think because i can log onto Blight server fine and ive been playing on that server, but ive been trying to check out the other servers and when i try to log onto them, i can go all the way through the patch but when the patch says its all done downloading and is trying to boot the game a window pops up saying that the program Horizons.exe has stopped working and that i need to close the program. any suggestions?
    Blight and the other shards are using different versions off the client
    the one used on Blight makes it possible to play using the Vista os
    that client will be patched to the other shards as soon as it have been tested enough but untill that happends will the only shard that have officiel vista support be Blight.

Although officially Vista will only allow you to play on Blight shard.
    Unofficially it may be possible to log on either Order or Chaos with Vista.

Check http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=20541

For some people it worked to log onto the regular live shards if you are willing to do some experimenting.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

oh okay, i read through some of that post but i really didnt understand what people were changing to make the vista work....?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonboy View Post
    Although officially Vista will only allow you to play on Blight shard.
    Unofficially it may be possible to log on either Order or Chaos with Vista.

Check http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=20541

For some people it worked to log onto the regular live shards if you are willing to do some experimenting.

Shur's Suggestion
    1. Logging to Blight went perfectly,
    2. Renaming Istaria.exe to Horizons.exe.
    3. Then attempt to log on Chaos/Order using Launcher.exe in the game folder and NOT HorizonsLauncher.exe also NOT Website.
    4. Before logging in make sure that at character selection under Patching options nothing is selected or else every new file you just installed will be overwritten again by the older versions and you can start over.
    This is supposed to be enough I have heard, although it doesn’t seem to work for me.

My suggestion
    1. Patch by logging to a blight character.
    2. Installed the new launcher. ( http://community.istaria.com/dl/download.php?t=d&i=4 )
    3. Extract the istaria-383.2 file to the game folder. ( http://bristugo.com/mirror/istaria/istaria-383.2.zip )
    4. Renamed the new Istaria.exe (extracted from istaria-383.2.zip) to Horizons.exe.
    5. Re-extract the Istaria.exe from the .zip file (This makes Istaria.exe and Horizons.exe exactly the same).
    6. Use the new launcher previously installed at nr.2 to attempt to enter the game. (Launcher.exe and NOT HorizonsLauncher.exe also NOT Website)
    7. Before logging in make sure that at character selection under Patching options nothing is selected or else every new file you just installed will be overwritten again by the older versions and you can start over.
    This is the only way it works for me to get online in Vista)

If you dont manage to get it to work then I am afraid you will have to wait untill the Blight client is applied to Live.
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

so should i start out with the old version first, then do all that?

cause right now, i have the new updater thing

Start with no.1 and do all on that list.
    It doesnt matter what the current state is of the game.

okay ill give a whirl, i tried it once, and it actually got farther than before, but then it said that i need to download the latest .net patcher or something

do i put everything thats in that zip file or just the istaria.exe file?

Thread Information