Thread: Release the Vista compatible client to Live next week.

Default Release the Vista compatible client to Live next week.

Is there anything holding up release of the 383.2 client to live? Be nice to get that out ahead of the big content push. people keep coming to the forums asking how to get live servers working on Vista... lets have a maintenance next tuesday. please.

I've been running it for 6 weeks at least, and its definately better than the old live client in more ways than one. No more flaming teched weapon crashes. Runs on Vista perfectly. Seems to be able to use more ram before crashing (this could be vista64bit positive side effect). Less crashing.

Default Re: Release the Vista compatible client to Live next week.

I just read mentioned in some threads in General that the client still has some bugs for people who play on XP. For example, suddenly falling 700m down under the terrain because it did not load properly.

I know it must be frustrating, but the priority seems to be making sure enabling Vista play doesn't simultaneously mess up XP play.
    Tchanel Rulskyl, Ancient of Order.
    Currently unable to return due to being poor.

The reason that I personally fell down 700m is because my hatchling was running faster from Skalkaar portal towards New Trimus town then that the Terrain loaded.

Not sure if that has something to do with the blight client or simply because I have to many programs running at the same time as Istaria.

In general when playing Istaria I also have 1x Mozilla firefox for forum reading or various other browsing activity, 1x MS Excel with my spreadsheet for lairshaping, 1x MS word just in case I want to reply to a forum thread.

True I never had this on the live shards, but I repeat that since trying the new blight server with xp during live shard maintenance it was for me the only incident of this happening. From what I heared from the most crowded chatroom at that time it seemed that at the time about 20-30 ppl were online on Blight which seems from what I hear to be almost more then it can handle.

Having said this I do believe that if the blight client is ready for use on the live shards it should be done right away, but only when the devs consider it ready.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

The current client on Blight has some problems with terrain -- missing terrain sectors and a grid. The missing terrain bug can pop when porting to or loading in an un-cached (or what the client thinks is un-cached) area. The grid appears in low-detail terrain when the client is run on some video card configurations.

There's also a problem with not displaying some effects, such as the ones played during the ascension transformation in ROP and AROP. This bug may affect other effects that normally run for more than a few seconds and are intended to play once (instead of in a loop).

Unless there's a way for every player to decide whether they want to run the 381.x client or the 383.x (vista) client, I don't think it's a good idea to punish those who run XP with the above bugs.

So, yes, there's still work being done on the client, and no, there's no ETA.
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

I'm running 383.2 on 2 pc's, one is still running XP. Can't say I've ran into any terrain issues (and I even play with loading screen off). But I do have all the terrain already loaded tho before I went to this client (flew in grid pattern over entire world for a few days till all sectors had been downloaded, did this right after plot resizes and a world cache dump).

most people dont have your patience Guaran...

Speaking about myself, I dont care about stuff being loaded while I walk or fly, as long as it happens faster then I can walk.
    If this falling is really a bug that many people have it must be fixed before going to live.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Thread Information