Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Developers' Desk: Special Edition Discussion Thread

Default Developers' Desk: Special Edition Discussion Thread

Please use this topic to talk about how extremely excited you are to read the news in this month's Special Edition Developer's Desk.

To read what everyone's talking about, go here.

Default Re: Developers' Desk: Special Edition Discussion Thread

Dragons will have a new epic ability to earn, and a brand new breath weapon to quest for.
    *Drooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooools*
    Oh, oh let me guess what both are. I'mmmmmm thinking the rumored "gold burst" spell and plaguebreath (aka reklar's special breath attack.)

I lurk within the depths of your mind, for I am INSANITY!

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

vel's 2 fave things - community building projects and beating the snot out of new critters!!

bring it all on, you don't scare me!!!

okay maybe a little......
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

All the content sounds exciting, but I hope novians aren't allowed on the new community project (at least for the dungeon itself) as I think it should be something that involves work. I also hope that the formulas are introduced in game prior to start of work on the labyrinth so that the tinkerers can start to get tooled up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

Sounds fantastic, i'm excited to hear some news on this major, new istarian project. Haha, have to add my devil's two cents here...is this, or can this be a template for other dungeons as well? Lesser Aradoth, maybe a t3/t4? Is that the direction this can be used for?

Nothing can take down EPION in Blood lust mode !

Bring the Rain Devs Bring the Rain
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Dragons will have a new epic ability to earn, and a brand new breath weapon to quest for.
    That makes our breath weapons total at 5.
    Hmmm I dont even have the 4th yet.

As for the epic ability, I wonder what it is... Since I think Gold Rage can already be considered epic for a full melee dragon. Might it indeed be the by now "legendary" Gold Burst?

I can see that when I participate my lair will start to get dusty for lack of use...
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

HOLY S***ON A SANDWICH!

Devs I love you, you are all awesome like the best thing in the world times millions!

The movie poster is just awesome (alien referecence ftw)! My god this content update makes me so exited till no end, can't wait to hop on blight and check it out

Excuse me, I go back drooling over the dev letter, story and the awesome posters.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •Â«

I think I can safely say it will not be Gold Burst. Gold Rage is not an epic ability. Gold Burst when ever it comes out I am pretty sure will be on the same timer as Gold Rage. Also an epic ability/spell is something we should only be able to get at higher levels not something we get as we level up. It should also require a epic quest like the Epic spells out currently. As to what it could be. I have no earthly clue.

Cool Re: Developers' Desk: Special Edition Discussion Thread

I hope it will be a huge community project not 100-400 units but like 1000-2000 or so. Some real work, so we Istarians can show what we really can do!

I really like this Developers Desk, cant wait for it to get released!
    Dakoren Ironhand - Multiclassed Half-Giant
    Krondel Bloodclaw - Ancient Dragon

Very exciting!
    We need a video teaser now.

Pack it with the Vista compatibility and you can launch the buzz around.
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

Awesome!! Guess I better get busy and finish all my projects so I can take the month of June off

Devs, you are the best !! Istaria rocks !!

Oooh, it's a pity I'm only level 50, and that my boyfriend will be with me the first three weeks of June so I really won't be logging in at all then.
    Guess I'll have to check out all the content after the initial excitement.

I hope I can manage to come back before it starts... I really don't want to miss the building part !

HOLY S***ON A SANDWICH!

.............eeew. j/k. lol.

I am thrilled that this is a community project to unlock the dungeon. Bravo. Looking forward to this.

Can't wait to see the results of all your hard work dev team! I hope the resources needed will empty all those silos of their stock piled resources out there, and still send us out to collect more to finish it off so the rebuild projects are not over too quickly from a very keen community spread across different time zones.

Wow, I truly feel excited to hear all this new content that's coming up. And new breath weapon and ability for Dragons? *cheers*

Can't wait to see this all in it's full glory inside the game!

Racia Trejan & Trica - Helians of Chaos
    Salama Lizran - Lunus of Unity --> Chaos (alive but retired)

Its an update of utter face melting shiny.

Concept - although not so concept .. some new dyes
    http://community.istaria.com/gallery/pic.php?id=953

Thread Information