Thread: User Interface for other chars

Default User Interface for other chars

I'm trying to get my user interface to work with other chars besides just my main. All my other characters have the original game one. Please help!

Default Re: User Interface for other chars

Copy the stuff that is in your char prefs folder to the other ones you want, then you have a identical UI like with your main char. (hotkeys will not work then but you probably need to replace them anyway)

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Quote Originally Posted by Nyoko View Post
    I'm trying to get my user interface to work with other chars besides just my main. All my other characters have the original game one. Please help!
    Which shard are you playing on ?

Just don't know what I'm doing wrong. I tried to copy files from main character to the others and it won't come up. My icons mod is coming up and a couple others, its just the interface, colored hoard, and I just noticed the mappack. None of these are transfering to the other chars. Sorry for the trouble.

Go into your horizons folder, then go into the folder named prefs

You see there folders named after your characters that are on the different servers.

They are named like that shardname_charactername

Go into the folder that is your mainchar.

In that folder copy all you see, the folder hotkey_icons and the other def files that are in the char folder.

Then you go into the folder where you like to have the settings copied to.

There you paste the stuff you just copied in, if it asks to overwrite, say yes.

Now you should have the ui, mappmarkes and hotkey icons like your mainchar, through the hotkey icons wont probably work.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

And this will work for all characters on all shards? Even blight?

Yes, but the hotkeys won't work.

Yes, you'll have the same ui layout, and everything except for your hotkeys, unless your alt has the exact same ablities (I.e. your main has silver strike III and your alt has Silver strick III). The hotkey bars tho will still appear in the same locations, and all mods will appear like normal.

Even with identical abilities they wont work. Each char gets a seperate Hex call code for each ability

<another dead thread brought back cuz i dont read dates... then i realise it's a zombie>

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

better than starting a new one for the same thing!! lol
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

XD I like dead threads. And I tried and it still didn't work. Oh well. It's only temporary anyway till I'm back on my normal computer. And all you who play on laptops, I salute you, because this little screen and lagginess is driving me bonkers!

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

heehee my new laptop is specifically made for online gaming.
    nice big wide rectanglar screen and a number pad with lock.
    still a laptop and i am not used to using them overly much, so not sure how much chatting i will be doing ingame on it (especially in combat)....
    speaking of, the laptop came with vista on it, of course, and i got the game to download and install (with the launcher upgrade, of course) right off the bat, no probs......

on topic, while i have copied the prefs to the new laptop (still undecided about attaching to the home network, so far the cons and pros have kept it off), i have yet to swap them in the files themselves (vel and mw, ya know)........
    plus i am liking the new (to me) emerald theme - way digging it to the max, my homies!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

My main problem is now, I figured out the interface since with blight now have the interface options, but the map pack still isn't working. I'm looking through a boxy map that is totally useless. Sorry for the trouble

Thanks everyone for the help. Finally got it working.

Thread Information