Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Launcher Troubles

Default Re: New Launcher Troubles

DSL and my computer is the only one hooked up to the internet.
    --------------------------------------------------
    I did not eat him...I merely chewed in self defense.

Hm. That's going to make troubleshooting a little difficult. Do you have another computer that you can get on the same network and use?
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

are you forgetting that its a secure site? you need to add the 's' to the 'http' - https://support.istaria.com/

HomeNewsTicket HistorySubmit A TicketKnowledge BaseMy Account

» Istaria Customer Support

Submit A Ticket Knowledge Base Announcements
    Welcome to The New Istaria Support -- May 19 2009, 4:12 PM
    Please click the welcome message for important information.

Ticket Overview
    IDSubjectPriorityDepartmentSubmittedStatusPlease login to view your tickets.
    Recently Added Articles
    Launcher Reset and Upgrade
    Test Article

Most Popular Articles
    Test Article
    Launcher Reset and Upgrade

Remember Me

Register | Resend Validation
    Forgot Your Password?

Search

Powered By Trellis Desk v1.0.1 Final © 2009 ACCORD5
    3 Queries // 0.02902 Seconds

(sorry the print screen wouldn't copy, so......)
    Last edited by velveeta; May 31st, 2009 at 01:13 PM.
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

My friend has a lap top, I might be able to grab that and try to get the site up after work today. I do know it's a secure site and tried both http and https...both did not work on my brother's network at his house (same computer) and the https site took multiple hours to load, then multiple hours again for each thing I clicked to load at my house (http didn't work at all). Thanks for taking the time out to help me. I'll post again when I able to try a different computer.

Is that a Norton icon there in your task bar?
    You might try turning off all "security" features (Auto-Protect etc), although with Norton just having it installed might be the problem already. Most Norton products mess heavily with the system, especially the TCP/IP stack.

In case you are looking for a free, less CPU and memory hungry anti-virus solution, try http://www.free-av.de/en/index.html - it's fast, free and has a very good scan engine.
    Kaph Ranta on Chaos: Ranger, Spellcrafter, Alchemist, Tailor, Jewelcrafter, Fletcher
    LinoRanta on the Istaria Wiki

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

agree with lino - norton is yucky to the tubular max, dood!
    if you want what you pay for, go with mcafee......
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Lino I love you!:P I uninstalled it and the support site came right up. Ty you so much! I didn't know that just having it installed could mess with stuff. I have my ticket summited guys thanks to all who took time out for me! So? Any Ideas for the launcher? I tried doing everything in that reset and upgrading your launcher article on the support site and it didn't do anything. This is all the launcher saids when it stops working.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Something on your system is still blocking the connection from the game server back to your computer, is what it looks like to me.

Is there a firewall set on your system still that could be blocking inbound communications? This tends to be the most frequent culprit when someone says they can't download something. The traffic goes out, but something stops it from coming back in.

I got it to work! I had a lapse in thought and forgot to try turning off the firewall AFTER i took out Norton and that did it. However I'm now having messages yelling about viruses being detected every 30 sec. Seems to be ok if i just turn it back on after the game starts up though. Thanks guys. It would appear all i have left to do it poke around with my new virus detector so it can co-exsist with my computer.

Glad you got your connectivity issues solved.

What are you using as a firewall and virus scanner now?
    Good virus scanners only pop up messages when there's actually a problem.
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

I found with the new launcher that when I patch to blight and back to chaos, instead of the game launching, the launcher just goes away and the game doesn't start.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

aarrghhh... getting in game today was a trick. i did the announced launcher upgrade, then had to find & reinstall the .NET 2.0 thingy before it would work. MS updates since i last was online may have affected things too, not sure.

anyway, finally got in after reinstalls and rebooting. see you in istaria! :-)

I keep getting strange messages about being behind a proxy server and having my computer clock out of date.

Uhh... none of the above, thanks?

When I click OK, it gives me the following message:

I then click "download" (Why, I just did this) It then downloads Patcher.dll.auc and shuts down.
    Last edited by Shian; June 12th, 2009 at 02:47 PM.

Nevermind. I found the problem.

So.. looks like I won't be able to log in for a really really long time

Thanks to the windows validation system, this copy of windows is no longer valid. It also won't let me purchase a new one because my address doesn't match my IP. Friggin' great. Reminds how much I seriously dislike microsoft.

well, you can download Windows 7 RC. It's free to use until June 2010 IIRC. At least that'll give you some time to fix your current copy of Windows, though you'll have to trick with the Blight client to play on Order.

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    Nevermind. I found the problem.

So.. looks like I won't be able to log in for a really really long time

Thanks to the windows validation system, this copy of windows is no longer valid. It also won't let me purchase a new one because my address doesn't match my IP. Friggin' great. Reminds how much I seriously dislike microsoft.
    If you have a legitimate copy and have your product code (and microsoft seal) you can call them and get it striaghtened out. If that is the case, then someone else may have used your key somehow.

If it isn't a legitimate copy... nuff said. :P
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Installed new upgrade file from Istaria, installed the new upgrade, but first i did delete launcher directory as sayd, and the old istaria icon from desktop, got new icon, clicked on it double click, nothing happens at all does not show up, and does not react at all, but if i trye the old launcher i got, it start up showing up login, does the new launcher need new firewall port to be put in, to be abel to get it to work

not sure why this happen

i got the same thing i was juset in the game to day as well loged out and now i cant get back in .. how do i fix this ?? plz Help..
    http://staronlightwing.deviantart.com/
    Hellenia hord 95869756, lv's 100.100.63 Staron hord 151402610 lv's 100.100.83 Josanna hord 2275812 lv's 100.100.87 Figes hord 126074906 lv's 57.34.00

Got my .NET issues fixed. Good lord, Microsoft's CS department is not a place I'd like to trade ever again.

They wanted scanned copies of my disk, the packaging etc. Might ship me a new one once my appeal is brought in w/e.

I didn't have time for all that (looking at a 2 month ETA) so I got them to help me buy the new CD key which is really what I wanted in the first place. Funny how they were oh so happy to take my money very quickly ~_~

Logged in last night with no problems. Today however, I'm getting the same messages as previously posted where my clock is wrong or summat.

Shian, try going to the Date and Time Properties, under Internet Time and unchecking "Automatically syncronize with Internet time server" if that's checked. According to Microsoft the whole world apparently needs to run on their time, but their time is often as screwed up as the rest of the company is.

Thread Information