Thread: Donations

Lightbulb Donations

This is indirectly related to Istaria so...

I had an idea the other day while reading some posts about lack of money (again). Why not make a donations section on the website so people can give money? I don't know if a company needs any specifications to be able to accept donations... I know not everyone can afford to give more money than the 10 bucks/month but others can. This money could be used to upgrade the game engine, pay new artists to develop it faster, or even simply paying the server bills.

Just a though.
    BlueFire Mertandel, angel of the blue mist

Default Re: Donations

Technically if someone wants to donate they can just subscribe an extra account or two or more.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Quote Originally Posted by Xoshara View Post
    Technically if someone wants to donate they can just subscribe an extra account or two or more.
    Spread the word. Tell your long lost friends from 2006 (pre-EI) or even back around the merge (2004) that we're still around, that the game is run by a responsible company, and that we're working hard to improve the game in all of its aspects (customer service, billing, content, performance, etc) all the time.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Why not make tiered donation pets or special dye kit?

Tier 1 - gets a shoulder pet, Slug. or dye anything kit, blue color. Donation amount $10-25

Tier 2 - Gets a shoulder pet, chicken. or dye anything kit, red color. Donation amount $25-50

etc. something along those lines where you can reuse something already in game with some minor modifications.

Just a thought.

Well, because I just re-joined Istaria a few weeks ago and I plan to stay in this community for a long time now, reading this makes me worry a bit.

Is there really a lack of money? And if so.. how can we players help to avoid losing our home? Is getting some extra-subscriptions really enough?

I already lost my home on Unity once and I'm sure no one who's been there wants something like a server shut down to happen again.
    Would be nice to have some news on the situation.
    Just worrying though ^^"
    Kageerall - Adult dragon on Chaos
    Thalathis_unity - Adult dragon on Chaos
    Zuxxex_unity - Sslik on Chaos

Quote Originally Posted by Thalathis View Post
    Well, because I just re-joined Istaria a few weeks ago and I plan to stay in this community for a long time now, reading this makes me worry a bit.

Is there really a lack of money? And if so.. how can we players help to avoid losing our home? Is getting some extra-subscriptions really enough?

I already lost my home on Unity once and I'm sure no one who's been there wants something like a server shut down to happen again.
    Would be nice to have some news on the situation.
    Just worrying though ^^"
    No, Thalathis. Virtrium is doing just fine. We did not initiate this nor are we asking for donations. My response was meant to say "hey, rather than donating, go tell your friends and bring them back!". We'd rather have more subs
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    No, Thalathis. Virtrium is doing just fine. We did not initiate this nor are we asking for donations. My response was meant to say "hey, rather than donating, go tell your friends and bring them back!". We'd rather have more subs
    That's good to know then, thanks for the info, Amon =)
    Sorry, guess I'm a bit panicky when it comes to such issues. Bad experiences with EI, Tulga and co., you know?

The Istarian community really can be glad to have Virtrium as Dev's now.
    Thanks once again for your great work and keep it up!
    Kageerall - Adult dragon on Chaos
    Thalathis_unity - Adult dragon on Chaos
    Zuxxex_unity - Sslik on Chaos

Thalathis over time you discover that there are certain things that have the ability to survive no matter how bleak the future looks. This is the case with this game. I have no doubt that we will be long gone and this game will just keep rolling on and on. No matter if we love or hate the staff they must be one devoted group of individuals determined to make this work. Mighty

I'm sorry if I made people worry with this suggestion
    BlueFire Mertandel, angel of the blue mist

You did not Blue
    We all who love this game had this thoughts now and then.
    It has been discussed here on the forum some years ago- and well:
    we`re still here, happy gamin`^^
    So relax, have fun, and as Amon said: Bring all your friends.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

The best "donation" you can give is more players

Quote Originally Posted by Locru View Post
    Why not make tiered donation pets or special dye kit?

Tier 1 - gets a shoulder pet, Slug. or dye anything kit, blue color. Donation amount $10-25

Tier 2 - Gets a shoulder pet, chicken. or dye anything kit, red color. Donation amount $25-50

etc. something along those lines where you can reuse something already in game with some minor modifications.

Just a thought.
    This is just my two coppers, but NO. No "Cash Shop" items in Istaria. I detest when people even suggest bringing real-world economy into game worlds.

Like others have said, if you want to help Vitrium and Istaria, introduce the game to more players. Remind old players that the game still exists and is being worked on. Buy more extras and more accounts.
    Leave Real World Trading (What? You thought cash shops and donation items weren't RWT?) to places like World of Warcraft and EverQuest.

Dont we already have a shop anyways with mugs and t-shirts that we can buy?

CC

Yes we do but it is not really the same thing. Micro-transactions normally mean for buying in game items. buy out of game swag is something completely different.

Thread Information