Thread: Myrra - the beginning

Default Myrra - the beginning

The contract

Through the net, I see the sky.
    And clouds.
    And all bright toys which wave under the roof of the home with wheels.
    I get ready to spring up, I wait for lurches stop for a time and JUMP.
    I’m hanging by two paws under the net and, my arm through the holes in the net, I attack toys and I clink them.
    A lurch makes me fall, but I land on my paws and I spring up again.
    After some time I get tired and I lie down on my cushion.
    Rocked by the movements of the home with wheels, a sunray on my fur, I fall asleep.

It is a beautiful summer day, birds singing in the distance I hear the rustle of a river, the path is straight and relatively flat.
    My husband pulls the handcart which contains the provisions and in which Myrra plays.
    I laugh when she hangs to the safety net and attack the jewellery that we keep to attract shoppers.
    She’s full of life, our daughter, it's heart-warming to see her happy, while all around the war against Aegis is raging.

The lair is in sight.
    It is time because I am tired of sleeping outdoors.
    This night we will have, if not a roof, at least a ceiling above our heads.

Miauw!
    I roll down my pillow when the house stops and lean.
    Mom remove the net and take me in her arms.
    I look around, there is no sky, there's rock all around us.
    Oh no the sky is behind Mom, at the end of a corridor.
    I feel a flow of hot air on my neck, I turn the head and ...
    MIAAUWWW!
    A huge head sniffs me!
    By reflex I snuggle into the arms of my mom but I calm down quickly because she purrs.
    "Do not be afrrrraid Myrrrra. They are drrrragons and they are nice.
    The white one is a mom like me and the rrrrred is a dad.
    Mommy and Daddy are going to work for them."

I look around me and I see them...
    She is smaller, all white, with several small horns throughout her head, while he is huge, red with black patterns and two large horns that extend its head.
    Father, next to the red claw, could not see the other side because the claw is so tall.

As Mom says they are nice, I trip to the white and try to climb on her paw, but it's too polished to climb and too high to jump. She lowers her neck and give me a lick on the head, then present me a claw top-down, so I can climb onto her paw, then slowly she turns it and tada! I'm sitting on the white paw, proud of my achievement.

Mom takes me for the feed and we both purr while I drink warm milk and knead the fur of mom, then she lay me down on my pillow for a nap and I fall asleep, rocked by the voice of Dad, and the deeper but stifled one of the Red, who explains what he wants.

Default Re: Myrra - the beginning

The Nest

I wake up because of the noise of Dad unpacking his tools.
    They probably agreed to do the work, it means that we will stay here, as previous other times.
    And this is not the same here.
    The tunnel with the sky is gone, there is rock all around, with fingers out of the ground and hanging from the ceiling.
    I look to all those on the ceiling ... it would be fun to jump and catch but it is much too high for me.

I climb a finger from the ground. It’s slippery and all hard, but with my claws I manage to climb to its top. From there, I look again to the fingers hanging from the ceiling , but it’s still too high... and no taller finger from the ground in sight...
    I get down and explore my new playing room.
    It's full of holes and hiding places, I get my ball in the house with wheels and train my hunting skills with it. After that, tired, I seek a place where I can relax and watch dad and mom.

From the ledge I am resting, I see mom prepare pieces of yellow stone while dad transforms inside the fire.
    It makes a lot of noise. I do not like that!
    I go exploring, I'm looking for the White. may be she will play with me.

The house of dragons is large.
    And there are plenty of hiding places and passageways.
    There are even slides and I have fun playing on them.
    And then, exploring, I find a huge room with a river and another with fire that flows, and coloured stones as big as me.
    But they do not smell rock, and they do not touch like rocks. I try to lick one and it does not taste...
    ROOOAARRRR
    I flee as fast as my legs can carry me, but something catches me by the scruff of the neck and lift me, high, very high...
    It is the Red and he looks very, very angry.
    He will eat me, I’m certain. I am so scared that I dirty my fur and meow to call Mom.
    Fortunately the White comes and roars, and then takes me in her paw and gently put me back on the ground.
    I can’t walk. I tremble all. Then the White face licks me and makes noises like a song. After a while I have no more fear and she say "my husband does not like people approach our babies. You must not touch them, they sleep and we all must wait until they wake up without being bothered."
    "They sleep in coloured stones?”
    "These are not stones, aorban, these are eggs.
    My eggs. And my husband’s.
    If you're still here when they are awake you can play with them but not before, and beware: no claws or my husband will get angry."

This last point makes my stomach twist once more, but there's nothing in it anyway and I'm already dirty.
    She push me towards the exit and I go clean myself in the river.
    I do not like to tongueclean me when I'm dirty like that.
    Last edited by Myrra; June 18th, 2009 at 10:02 PM.

Interlude

The work takes long, but it slowly go on.
    The finery will probably be a masterpiece that will never be done again, because the work is too fastidious and uses too much gold and gems.
    There is also the fact the raw material arrive at a slow pace, as the Red is not good at all at mining, but that’s something we better not tell when he can hear us, or when Myrra can hear and repeat it.

We don’t care, we have time, as with the war, we don’t have many customers, and slowing our work a little let us more time to play with our daughter and train her to hunt and to craft.
    We once thought to go to the mine ourselves, or do the work there, but the lair is too far and the mine not a place to live, so we abandoned the idea and so we’re still there.

Our hosts are charming, and don’t bother when Myrra springs from nowhere and attack their talons, and when she wanders everywhere in their lair.
    She found their clutch and go often see if they have hatched. It makes the Red a little nervous, but his mate managed to convince him Myrra is not dangerous at all for their eggs.

I saw them, those dragon eggs. One blue, one pink, one yellow and two reds, all with spots or stripes, and the white told me that means the dragons inside will have markings or stripes.
    While I was speaking with her, about the birth of Myrra, and the nurturing, and all things only females talk about, she told her eggs should hatch two or three weeks later, and she would be glad if Myrra could play with her hatchlings.
    She told me she had told Myrra her babies are sleeping in the eggs and they must not be awaken, so now Myrra quietly waits.

Well quietly for the eggs, indeed she spends her energy with other games.
    Myrra asks me lots of questions, she don’t understand why the babies sleep so long. She’s too young to be told about the things of life, but I feel the time will come soon.
    Time flows so fast…
    Last edited by Myrra; June 18th, 2009 at 10:04 PM. Reason: typos

The Assault

Every day I come to see if the baby dragons are awakened, several times a day, but they do not move.
    Once I even sat still in front of them for centuries, and I did not hear even a breath, except mine.

Sometimes the big dragons watch me, sometimes the White lies around her babies so I do not see them, but I know that, if they wake up, she would say. She is nice, she.

Sometimes I look Mom and Dad at work.
    They make a huge huge yellow collar shining, but when I look close with nuzzle on it, I see that there are many many small small parts.
    He’s very skilled, my Dad, nobody can do as well.
    That's why even dragons ask him to produce artworks.

While I’m not with dad or dragon babies, I wade in the river near the nest, or I glide on the slides.

Today I’m playing on the slides, it’s my preferred game but I stop when I hear a roar.
    It is Dad’s voice, and now mom shouts, too.
    I run towards them, to go see what is happening, but I fall and I tumble when the two dragons rush past me, creating a storm.
    Meeeowww !
    I approach the working room, and now I hear snarls and roars, and screams that I do not know, and sounds of tools being hit very very hard.
    I’m near the working room, one more slide to climb but then the White comes and take me in her claws and pull me away from dad and mom.
    I fight, trying to escape, I claw, I bite, but she doesn’t seem to even feel it.
    Behind her, the Red shout something that I do not understand... something like "save the clutch�.

She let me down to the ground by the river and say
    "We’ll play a game.
    I will stop the river, and you will go through her path, and I will push my babies to you.
    Behind the wall, there is another cave, a hidden one, and you will hide inside it with my babies, and stay hidden with them until your parents come to find you, ok ? "
    I do not want to play, I want Mom and Dad, but she is gentle and seem to really want me to play with her, so I want to make her happy and I nod.
    She takes a big stone and place it in the river, which stops and starts to grow a lake.
    I walk through the tunnel of the river and a little further there is a small cave.
    Soon I see the tail tip of the White approach, and it pushes a pink stone-dragon-baby. I take it and push it gently on the side, carefully as I don’t wish to wake up the sleeping baby.
    I return to the path of river to grab the next one, a blue this time, but I do not have time to get him out of the mud, out of a sudden I hear roars at the other end of the tunnel and, as i look, i see the river flowing again along the way.
    I am caught with blue stone-dragon-baby.
    I get a grip on a finger from the ground and shout at the baby in the rock blue to wake up and swim.
    He goes to a finger from the ground and the rock breaks, but the baby blue dragon does not wake up, nor swim and he disappears in the depths of the river.

I hear nothing more than the sound of the river, which fills all the tunnel to go to the White, and I can not pass, then all wet, cold and trembling, I go to the pink stone-dragon-baby and wait, and then I fall asleep, too tired.

I hear no noise anymore, except the one of the river, flowing normally again, the walls glow a little and I see that the river is less high.
    Using my claws I can move forward in the path of the river.
    It is wet and cold but I'm hungry and I want mom's milk.
    When I reach the large room, it smells terrible, and the White is completely broken on the floor, and she smells like the food dad brings for him and Mom.
    The stones of the dragon babies are also broken but the baby dragons are nowhere to be found.
    I climb back in the house of dragons to the room Mom and Dad were crafting.
    I'm very hungry now.

When I enter the room, everything is broken here too, the great Red dragon is lying in a corner and he is all broken in parts.
    I can not find Mom and Dad.
    Only scraps of fur like the day they came to fetch me in the bush full of little animals and they had to tear their fur to get rid of them.

I call Mom but she does not answer.
    I call dad, but he also does not answer.
    I go in the house with wheels to look there... It broken and there is nobody inside, but there is some food for dad and mom, then I eat.
    This is not good but I am too hungry.

I do not know when Mom and Dad are gone.
    It's been centuries I think.
    I've looked everywhere in the house of dragons, I even found dragon food, but it’s as disgusting as dad’s food.
    I called from the mouth of the house, where I can see the sky, but nobody answered.
    So I brought the dragon food near the pink stone-dragon-baby and now I wait he wakes up.

It's not fun to play alone.

( end for this part... i need to work on french version of the next chapter before translating... should take days.

any comments are welcome )

Good stuff! Thank you Myrra

yep yep ! Cute but sad story

wow, that is really good...

I look forward to reading more!

Ri'ta'ra'thi Is'mi'nei: Season 100 ADV/100 CRA/100 BLK(former)/100 LSH/ 1.11 BILLION hoard
    Kytitia Pyrrithia: Unparalleled Rating 212 Saris Sorceror, Rating 234 Crafter

Thread Information