Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Construction ----> CTD

Tyriena

Default Construction ----> CTD

Everyone seems to be having the same issues with ctd's in regards to construction. If you are a certain distance away when you open the contrustion window or walk out of range while the window is open you ctd. No errors. Also happens by opening the window by itself, sometimes ten times before it crashs, sometimes the first time you open the window. It's getting rather annoying as we have been doing a lot of building.

Pluton

Default Re: Construction ----> CTD

I turned in one debug log of this happening in tech ticket. Not sure if it was read yet. :)

Eeyno

Yes this is a rather annoying bug. I thought this was something they fixed way before the merge. I've also found if you attempt to delete something that you've already put in the construction window it's almost a guranteed CTD. I'm hoping this is something they will resolve soon as I'm afraid the constant CTD's will cause something even worse like a bugged plot. I've had that happen before and no one can add to your plot until support fixes it. [:(]

Yeah it makes building up a guild plot a really pain in the rear.
    Imayo, Preceptor of Obsidian Order on Order
    Shadowalker
    http://kalex.org

Lost

I've been having alot of trouble with this too.

Spiritblade

Yeah, I've been having the same problems. It'sgetting really anoying.

This just started happening to me today. I looked something up on a map to answer a question, closed the map, opened the const window, then had a const. window crash. When I logged in, the map window was open. Same thing after next const window crash too. Then a couple of crasses without the map window showing up again.

For me,crashes did nothappen until after the last try at fixing the const window bug. Now pretty regular.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Terri_Blades

This needs to be fixed ASAP.

Thalak

To add to this, since Tazoon had become vapor, we now see no developer feedback in issues being raised. Right now this is a total pain just for planning, but it extends into the actual applying stage as well.

We got some patch to fix it, but really does not seem like much was really "fixed". It would be nice to see some feedback here from the company to size up what the issue is, what remedy (if any) is being worked on, and some kind of time frame for pushing it to a live shard.

I guess consider this a challenge to AE to start up the communication lines again.

Spiritblade

ok, this crap has got to STOP!!! I can't build or manage my plot, or work on anyone elses without crashing to desktop! Has anyone seen any kind of response from AE on if/when this is getting looked at?

eudoxia

glad to know its not just me[*-)] shsh and i thought it was just my pc. Fun is not logging back in every 2 minutes so i hope they get it fixed [:S]PLEASE hear our crys

Thalak

Wow, still nothing?

I've had luck keeping a construction window open when making multiple applies, but its not consistant. For some in our guild every single apply or opening a structure is now a CTD. This problem is getting worse, not better, we'd really appreciate some feedback to the status of any proposed fix.

Corelis

I as well as many others in our guild are becoming seriously frustrated by this problem. I was certain a fix was around the corner, but no fix has come. Can we please get some feedback on the ETA for a fix.

praetorien

yeah i think everyone is getting pretty heated over this issue..sometimes it waits until i close the window and walk away to drop...oh and not to Tazoon for me[;)]

Spiritblade

Anyone seen any responces from AE on this? I don't even want to log into the game since I can't even work on my personal plot, or our guild house without crashing.

We have a potential fix for this that will be applied to Blight this afternoon or tomorrow.

- Amon
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Naggie

This happens endlessly since the Last "FIX" and frankly, unless it's fixed soon I'm outta here.

Thalak

Thanks for dropping in Amon.

I sure hope the blight fix works. After the 15th crash to desktop my patience finally ran out. I am now just stockpiling resources to apply later, but I am running out of vault space!
    Crafter 190 Adventurer 149 Dryad - Order

I'd like to encourageseveral devs to login in with a toon on ChaosAND Order, and attempt to build on any plot foronly onesolid hour, no more/no less. [;)]

These CTD's areembarrasingly easy toreproduce, so in doing thisthey could experience first hand what's actually happening in game and in real time, and also have a nice stack local log files to sift through in the bargain.[:D]

The CTD's definately have to be tied withinitial changes for October somewhere, as they aren't all tied to construction.[:^)]

Thread Information