Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blight Update 169

Default Re: Blight Update 169

It appears as though after the gate to Dralnok's doom got moved below again, players can no longer get attuned to Dralnok's Doom.

The gate shows unavailable.

I was helping a friend get through the quests to get in, and after speaking to Sergeant Dylan and getting The Torturers, he is unable to port into Doom.

He deleted, relogged, took the quest again, same situation.

I then took a character of mine that had not gone through the quest and am also stuck on that character, the gate is unavailable, also at The Torturers.

Other characters that have already entered are able to get through the gate without any problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

Gaileach: The Myloc Queen Part 2 is bugged.

I didn't know where to get the items for the list, so I went back to Gaileach and Part 3 link showed up so I clicked it. It completed and then disabled Part 2 and gave me Part 3. I deleted part 2 (disabled) and part 3 and spoke again, and she gave me part 3 again. I don't know if my artifact is now in the right stage, because I haven't cleansed it.

Another issue with Gaileach's Myloc Queen Part 2.

I created the travertine bowl; the counter didn't increment and then it greyed out and disabled the quest. Incidentally if you go back to Gaileach, she gives you part 3.

While making the bowl I noticed something else.

The skill required to make the bowl is ingenuity; but the tool required is stoneworking or stone chisel.

Also an update on the character in my previous post. Doing part 3 (skipping part 2); I was able to successfully complete part 3.

Gaileach's Myloc Queen Part 2.

On a 3rd character, the quest just spontaneously disabled itself. I don't want to delete and attempt to retake in case it screws up and doesn't allow me to get part 2 or part 3 again.

The only thing the character did after getting the list from Barrakhan was to go to the Outpost. Greeted the NPC that has the Purified Radiant Essence Powder form, tried to trade with him (didn't have tokens ) and then greeted the trophy quest guy (burris?) to see which mobs would give the token quests.

Next time I checked the quest log, part 2 was disabled.

Quote Originally Posted by Creme View Post
    Another issue with Gaileach's Myloc Queen Part 2.

I created the travertine bowl; the counter didn't increment and then it greyed out and disabled the quest. Incidentally if you go back to Gaileach, she gives you part 3.
    This means you had completed part 2. Thats the only way she gives you part 3.

While making the bowl I noticed something else.

The skill required to make the bowl is ingenuity; but the tool required is stoneworking or stone chisel.
    Yes... That is by design. Stoneworking and Stone Chisel both work with the Ingenuity skill now.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Creme View Post
    It appears as though after the gate to Dralnok's doom got moved below again, players can no longer get attuned to Dralnok's Doom.

The gate shows unavailable.

I was helping a friend get through the quests to get in, and after speaking to Sergeant Dylan and getting The Torturers, he is unable to port into Doom.

He deleted, relogged, took the quest again, same situation.

I then took a character of mine that had not gone through the quest and am also stuck on that character, the gate is unavailable, also at The Torturers.

Other characters that have already entered are able to get through the gate without any problems.
    Thats because "The Torturers" quest is not the one that attunes you. Its the one before that at the end when you first arrive at Delgarath.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Amon,

I also have the Myloc Queen Part 2 quest.

I got as far as getting to the point where Barrakhen is asking for the 4 different items.

I logged out for the night, now when I login again the quest is showing disabled and yes Gaileach offers me the Part 3 quest.

There is no way I have completed the part 2 quest as I havent made any of the items.

PS I know of 3 people now that cannot attune to Dralnok Doom who have completed all the Quest steps up to the torturers.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Chasing, both the patch notes and Amon have said that it isn't The Torturers that attunes people to the portal. The quest that does that is the previous one, Searching the Darkness.

So you are correct, they won't get attuned by completing "The Torturers". If they had Searching the Darkness completed and need that quest reset in order to get the attunement and are normal players on Blight, they will need to submit a support ticket and I will reset that quest for them manually again.

Have you checked Dylan (it's the guy you talk to as soon as you get to Delgarath)? he has a quest that is an attunement quest to get into the dungeon. It should be in his list of quests second to the top (or first if you already got the next part)

I found Dylan did not have the attunement quest for me the first time I greeted him. I don't remember if I had to leave Delgarath & return or simply greet him again to get it to show up, but later times he had it.

Quote Originally Posted by Velea
    Chasing, both the patch notes and Amon have said that it isn't The Torturers that attunes people to the portal. The quest that does that is the previous one, Searching the Darkness.

So you are correct, they won't get attuned by completing "The Torturers". If they had Searching the Darkness completed and need that quest reset in order to get the attunement and are normal players on Blight, they will need to submit a support ticket and I will reset that quest for them manually again.
    I'm not looking to get the quest reset, but Searching the Darkness is not attuning to the gate.

My quest is titled the torturers, but the quest step is "Descend into the Deep beneath Delgarath"

Chib posted in the other blight thread that his new character can't get into the gate, one of my characters and my friend also can't and have completed all the steps up until getting the quest from Sgt Dylan.

I think, after rereading the responses, that the gate becomes available upon arriving at delgarath (which is part of the quest out of Aughendell). Either we all missed the trigger point or it's missing or somehow didn't update, but maybe it should be speaking to Dylan for the first time that's the trigger, since you are sent there to speak to him.

Also regarding the Gaileach Pt2 The Queen, when you get the list from Barrakhen, one of the items on the list is the 5 Purified Radiant Essence Powder. This is also a requirement on Part4? which is given by Noncas.

Also logged in my character that had 2/4 of the items on Part 2 completed and it's disabled on her too.
    Last edited by Creme; July 1st, 2009 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CottenCandy
    Have you checked Dylan (it's the guy you talk to as soon as you get to Delgarath)? he has a quest that is an attunement quest to get into the dungeon. It should be in his list of quests second to the top (or first if you already got the next part)
    The quest that Dylan offers is to attune to Delgarath so you can port to it from Aug. I didn't see a specific quest/link on him that attunes you to the dungeon.

I'm sorry, but I'm really not sure how much clearer I can say this...

The Torturers no longer is the quest that gives you the portal to the dungeon. It is the quest before that which should. If THAT quest, "Search the Darkness", has been completed by someone since delta 169 went to Blight and they can not get into the dungeon, then I'll agree that there is a problem.

But Dylan doesn't attune you to the dungeon (as Creme said, that attunes you to Delgarath).

And "The Torturer's" no longer attunes you to the dungeon. So if you're doing that quest expecting to get attuned and don't, then it means that quest is working as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    The Torturers no longer is the quest that gives you the portal to the dungeon. It is the quest before that which should. If THAT quest, "Search the Darkness", has been completed by someone since delta 169 went to Blight and they can not get into the dungeon, then I'll agree that there is a problem.
    Thats what the last few posts have been trying to explain. There is a problem since delta 169 went to blight.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Velea
    I'm sorry, but I'm really not sure how much clearer I can say this...

But Dylan doesn't attune you to the dungeon (as Creme said, that attunes you to Delgarath).

And "The Torturer's" no longer attunes you to the dungeon. So if you're doing that quest expecting to get attuned and don't, then it means that quest is working as intended.
    My friend had not even started the Dralnok quest line until yesterday evening (Patch 169 version).
    He did the barrows, the mounds, spoke to the old lady, got the valley of tears part, killed the sergeants & raiders, returned to aug and spoke to the NPCs per the quest instructions. He took the next part, which tells him to go to Delgarath and speak to Sgt. Dylan.

After speaking to Sgt. Dylan, he took the Torturers which Dylan offers. At that point the quest log states "Descend into the Deep beneath Delgarath". When he went to the gate to Dralnok's Doom, it says it is unavailable.

Figuring it might just be that he got lagged out and so the quest didn't give him the attunement step. I logged onto a character that also had not even started the quest line. I took the quest out of aug, and also did all the steps up through being directed to go to Delgarath and speaking to Sgt. Dylan. At that point I took the Torturers and went to the gate and it is unavailable.

I think Chib mentions in the Blight 168 thread that he also started the quest line on a character yesterday and it also refused him entry into Dralnok's Doom.

Did we miss a step along the way? I don't know if maybe we aren't supposed to be able to get the Torturers until we do something else, but when you greet Sgt. Dylan, you do get offered Torturers and that's the only active quest in the Dralnok line of quests (meaning previous step doesn't show up any more).

I can look through the chat log and pull out all the quest dialogue if you want me to send it to you? I have another character I can do it on later if you wish additional information on the step before the torturers. I wasn't paying that much attention to the dialogue, because when I saw torturers offered, I just took it

Ok, so now this is clearer. Thank you

Could you please confirm for me that neither character had to take the quest from Arghur the Brown called "Dralnok's Doom: Searching the Darkness", in order to get "Dralnok's Doom: The Torturers"?

If you haven't completed Arghur's quests (Searching the Darkness is the final one) then somehow you're able to "skip" that one and go right to "Torturers", and that is the problem.

I am going to close out the previous delta threads so that Amon and I can go through them in detail. I'll start a new thread on the "Game Bugs" forum for reporting anything which players find on live now that the servers are up.

Thread Information