Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help pls Chaos broken?

Default Help pls Chaos broken?

Hello,

There are many reports of players not being able to log into Chaos.

Some silos haven't loaded after going on 20 hours now.

Some reports of crafting issues.

I had 2 instances last night of severe lag spikes that lasted about 10 - 15 minutes, chat was delayed for about 45 seconds to 1 minute. Trade windows took a long time to come up. It seemed to float around and hit different players (based on complaints in Marketplace).
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

Default Re: Help pls Chaos broken?

I just got booted and can't get back in.
    Tempus fugit, memento mori.

Vault taking a very long time to open compared to yesterday too.
    Oh Sure, Pick On The Little Guy!

same here, getting the UI and unnamed character floating on all black, no terrain. Also not joining chat channels. I tried deleting the entire terrain folder itself and doing a full scan and still no go. I also coudn't get into silos previous to this.
    "Close your mind to stress and pain, fight till you're no longer sane. Let not one **** cur pass by, How many of them can we make die!!"
    "March of Cambreadth" by Heather Alexander
    Drakarr Lunus dragon, Chaos 100 ADV 100 DCRA 80 LSH

Ok, whatever seemed to cause the login lookup seems to be clearing, players are starting to be able to log in, but it seems to be taking longer than normal.

I'd suggest anyone that's still having troubles keep posting, but I've seen 5 players log in that weren't previously able to, so hopefully more are seeing results now.

I had similar issues today. It took me nearly 3 hours to get logged in with about 20 attempts.

I got nothing but clouds and interface. The final time took it over 10 minutes to finally log in, and that was after clearing world cache, full scan, and various other tweaks (not sure what helped if any).

I guess I'm lucky because I got in on the 3rd try.

The first 2 times, the shard simply stopped sending information to the client. It's also happened to me with regards to loading the vault, my forms, my techs, etc. etc. etc.

In most cases, a relog solves the problem. So if I was a betting man, I'd bet there was a problem somewhere between the client and the server when it comes to information streaming.

I seem to be stuck at "...Looking up character stats...".

in the same boat, cannot log in, does not load, end up a creatureless character floating in sky. i've been able to log in just fine since the new patch, before today. Not sure what changed.

I am also logging into empty sky with clouds, no chat channels come up. I cannot recall at all (tried this in case i was underneath the world).

Can't get the game to run, 4 tries on two different computers via same network with the same result, just sky.

Add me to the list. After a long period of "Looking Up Character Stats" I do finally log in but only to find a blank UI and sky. Similar to some reports of what was happening in the hours immediately after the patch. Oddly enough my map and compass works so I was able to navigate away from the somewhat unsafe spot in which I left myself. Oh and this does seem to be exclusive to Chaos as characters I have on Order load fine. My character screen is blank as well ... `seems to be a database problem. I do hope it is resolved soon so I can take some advantage of what is for myself and I'm sure many others, an extended weekend.

P.S. As I wait hoping for something to load, I notice the sky has gotten dark so game time is passing. I can also still move (according to my map position) so at least I know I'm not dead. Alas there's little solace in that.

Bah. Had to happen on a holiday. Although I'm not official in regards to the tech side of things, I've passed on the message that the server is misbehaving and it is being checked into.

Add me to the list as well, hopefully it won't take long to fix i was just starting to have fun.

Everyone seems to be having problems, BUT, if you keep at it you'll eventually get in. My suggestion to everyone is to keep trying and don't give up. A bit of patience seems to pay off, so don't let the fact that it's a holiday for the devs keep you from enjoying your time on chaos this weekend.

4 pm July 4th, 2009, when loging into chaos on all of my characters, press f9 = "creatureless character"

Happy 4th everyone :-(

I've notified those who have the ability and power to look into this.

Word back that they are working on it.

Exclamation Re: Help pls Chaos broken?

its broken for me too tried 4 times, when i get in the data base doesnt know who i am or all i see is sky and no screens or chat loads like half the data base is out of wack.
    Lillyjo_chaos' server

I have finally gotten back in but with the same problem that I tried a relog for. Can't access some silos or some storage, others I can get into fine. All on the same plot.
    "Close your mind to stress and pain, fight till you're no longer sane. Let not one **** cur pass by, How many of them can we make die!!"
    "March of Cambreadth" by Heather Alexander
    Drakarr Lunus dragon, Chaos 100 ADV 100 DCRA 80 LSH

Well I was able to get in once but promptly got the following error msg which I have attached, if this works correctly. In case it doesnt, the error says

"Istaria istaria.exe - Application Error
    The Instruction at 0x009af5fa referenced memory at 0x00000010. The memory could not be read."
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Velea
    I've notified those who have the ability and power to look into this.

Word back that they are working on it.
    Thank you Velea for the update on a holiday. It's nice to know it's being looked at.

Thread Information