Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holy crap nature is sure pissed!

Default Holy crap nature is sure pissed!

Holy crap we had just the worst hail storm here since 40 years. Pretty much everything is **messed** up here and our whole garden is destroyed

Here are 3 pictures and a vid i maked, only a part what I documented during the storm for the insurace. Probaly our sattelite TV is broken, our pool roof, roof rail and all the plants in the garden are destroyed.

http://takora.netau.net/zeug/DSCF2313_small.jpg
    Those corns are deadly i tell you, we had nuts on our nut tree, those that hit the ground where pulverized!

http://takora.netau.net/zeug/DSCF2312_small.jpg
    Those corns nearly pressed the door of our wintergarden open. D:

http://takora.netau.net/zeug/DSCF2316_small.jpg
    Our garden is pretty much fucked up now, the green you see at the lawn are leaves from our nut tree!

http://takora.netau.net/zeug/DSCF2287.AVI
    A film during the storm, look how the ice corns shot the leaves of the tree down! D:
    Last edited by Yfelvik; July 7th, 2009 at 08:24 PM. Reason: added ** around word edited

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Default Re: Holy crap nature is sure pissed!

Ouch Takora, that's bad
    Sometimes I think we don't really know anymore how strong nature is, we are so much used to have control over everything and hailstorms like that show us we are nothing, just small beings.
    I hope the insurance will cover the costs. Take care!

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Yeah it was like the world end here, and I just could stand there and wait that it gets over. Gladly noone was hurt in our town.

Thing is my cats knew something was comming, a hour before the storm they both hid under the tables in the house.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Good thing they weren't outside (such clever beings, cats) and glad nobody got hurt.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Uhhh Tako-that is bad.

But thank God, you and your familly is safe *comforthug*
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Wow! Those are HUGE! TBH, I'd be under the table too... Lucky it didn't last longer. Hail weights a lot and might have collapsed the roof if too many piled up.

wowsers, such a pretty garden layout too... glad you, your family & pets are all ok!

Goddamnit O_o
    We had some bad storms here too but they looked like a soft breeze compared to this one !
    Glad noone got hurt

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

wow that is pretty impressive, even here in the frozen north of the us!!!
    i agree, awdz - as i was looking at all the images i kept saying to myself what a lovely house and garden it looks like!! sorry to hear about its decimation....
    glad no more serious harm was done!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Wow! I've never seen so much hail before! If I didnt know anybetter I'd have said it was snow at first. Sorry about your garden, it looks really beautiful. Im glad everyone is ok.

We also called already the insurance a few hours ago, and sent them over the pictures. About the plants they said "Oh well they sure grow back." WTF D: I bet some will just outright die because of the damage.

http://takora.netau.net/zeug/DSCF2320_small.jpg
    Well not much left of our roses. ;(

http://takora.netau.net/zeug/DSCF2323_small.jpg
    The bush at the tree had the double size before the storm. <.< And most of the plants there are just broken in the middle, we just can cut them off and hope they grow back.

http://takora.netau.net/zeug/DSCF2325_small.jpg
    Oh well everything here just got shot down, at least the windmill is still in once piece.

It is horrifying what nature can do in just 30 friggin minutes. But I should be glad, at least we don't have tornados here. I don't envy the poor farmes near, sure all the corn saplings are also destroyed.

I'm so sorry to hear about the damage, but the main thing is that you, your family and your pets weren't hurt. It looks like it must have been a beautiful garden before that storm and, hopefully, you can post some shots of it in the future looking as it should.

*hugs*
    Last edited by Charys Stormchild; July 7th, 2009 at 09:45 PM. Reason: Spelling

wow thats scary, the size of those hailstones.

on the bright side when they melt your lawn and what remains of the garden will be well watered.

Ouch! That was a pretty good hail storm.

We have them fairly often in the metro Denver area, but most the time the hail is pea to marble sized, not that large jawbreaker size I saw in your hands in the one picture.

Good news, your trees, roses, bushes, and perennials should survive. Prune where there are broken branches, and the plants should be ok. (They might look a bit funny this year, but they should be fine.)

Bad news, very possibly many of your annuals have been battered too much. Give your garden a couple of days to see what can recover. (Some plants might send up new growth in a few days.) Again, trim what has gotten broken and watch to see what recovers. Keep taking pictures to record throughly for your insurance and keep all receipts of new plants that you buy to replace what got destroyed.

*Gives Tak a big hug!* Glad that all your family, both two-footed & four-footed, are fine!

Nellie Lovett/Ochre Tekton of Carmo on Order
    English doesn't borrow from other languages. English follows other languages down dark alleys, knocks them over & goes through their pockets for loose grammar. -=Paraphased from James Nicoll=- Unicorn's Lady's Dalliance

I'm glad you're alright, Takora!

I'd never see anything like that here in Queensland, Australia. Seeing snow and hail is a very very rare occurrence for me- I've seen snow/ice/hail no more than four times in my life.

In 1996 (I think) I was in Texas near Fort Worth for a couple of months and a huge storm struck. Fortunately my car was under an overhang and escaped damaged but most of the others in the surrounding area looked like someone played drums on them with hammers. It even stripped the paint off the sides of houses. Several people got hurt at a park nearby because the storm struck without much warning, getting blown out into clear air from the top of an approaching storm. From what I can remember, some of the hail stones were about the size of baseballs and a few softball sized ones. Very fortunate that nobody was killed from them. Sure gave me a heck of a lot of respect for nature when she gets ticked off.

wow, that is amazing. im glad no one got seriously hurt, I hope your plants and bushes recover.

I remember driving through hail like that in Austria about 15 years ago. My poor honda civic still has the dents in the bonnet (hood for you Americans btw. ).

Anyway it was ... interesting.

Rakku

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

tis better to rule in hell than serve in heaven.......
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Quote Originally Posted by velveeta View Post
    tis better to rule in hell than serve in heaven.......
    I guess! Could get air con installed in hell. Then it really would freeze over??

Driving home from work this evening ... wait it's 2am it's Night time. Urgh.

... anyway it rained stair rods and props from Twister for 22 minutes of miserable motorway driving. It rained so hard I couldn't hear my stereo and my ears are still ringing from the noise. I think the storm was stalking me...

Rakku

Thread Information