Thread: *** NERF *** try this

Lightbulb *** NERF *** try this

After 12 months of absence and some fun of trawling through the forums for some update info, this epiphany dawned on me. It seems that there has always been much talk of NERFing and the likes in attempts of balancing. Please note I am not personally discussing dragons in this as I have never extensively played one, and believe my opinion on their matters would be extremely bias and misinformed; AND please know everything is of my opinion, so please debate it as much as you like

From the day the Boar’s Hide Masks stopped dropping to the severe reduction of the Pulsing Crystals and the shared timers on tiered spells, it all seems to me as though they are trying to make the classes more defined and trying to make some of the lesser played ones more important.

So here is my 2 cents:

I would like to see the NON-MASTERABLE skills improved greatly (perhaps not the damage shields though, having played a druid I feel I can say this. Loved COT to bits, but when I took mage, I saw its power grow immensely) I think the lower tiered ones need to be doubled in effectiveness, and the higher tiered ones even more; up to 4 times the power. Perhaps as a result the recycle might need to be adjusted, but some of them already have astronomical timers on them anyway. Keep in mind I’m suggesting the non-masterable skills only; I feel this would definitely help define the classes and make them more useful in groups.

I would even like to go so far as to say... making some of the current masterable abilities non-masterable (none come to mind to be honest); and if that’s a bit much for some to handle, I would think that a slight change so that only arcane schools (including their respective prestige classes) could use the arcane masterable abilities and similarly to the other schools. I’m sure many of you have already poked holes in this option though, as the non-magic schools schools get a bit shafted then, but if you then had the more ‘physical’ masterable abilities restricted to those schools.

Now we come to the hybrid classes:

To keep them from being overpowered with all the magic AND warrior abilities just drop the higher tiered abilities… now I’m kinda of rambling… but… letting them have only the second highest lvl multistrike (at most) for example. They still have their non-masterable class abilities ofcourse, essentially making up for those they don’t get.

I’m not going to really get into spells much, but I will share my quiet thoughts. I can’t argue much with the shared timers, but I would like to see them lessened a little, nothing drastic, just 5 seconds maybe. On the topic of shared timers though, I would like to see the shared timers on abilities removed, please

I know much of what I’ve said will never happen, but I would like to see some thought put into improving non-masterable abilities, especially the class specific ones, I think that would make a lot of people very happy.

Thank you to anyone who took the time to read this, hope to see you in Istaria.
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Default Re: *** NERF *** try this

If I understand correctly...

I don't see that Vi has the institutional memory or, frankly, the analytic and verification skills needed to get such a major change right.

I do think though that the general idea has pros and cons. As it is, to some extent, multi-classing IS the endgame, and such a change would reduce the advantages of MCing somewhat. Judging by the forums, many players do not realize that many of the advantages of MCing are somewhat subtle; rangers can have full strength and nature, for example.

The suggested change would offset some of the "evolved" Blight's strengths which I thought were a hair much... but then I still have a couple of items with TIII techs, so take that with a grain of salt.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

No more nerfs.

I wasn't necessarily suggesting a nerf. As I understand it, a nerf is generally reducing the effectiveness of something. I would just like the see the effectivness of the class specific abilites increased.

I know some people are brave enough to play the spearman and crossbowman (/woman), but their usefulness seems over shadowed by many other classes, I would just like to see them get their 15 minutes

Thumbs up on the ranged abilites timer revisions though. Ranger and ELAR are quite enjoyable to play now, from what I've seen.
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

heehee i think i am the only xbowman on blight.......took it because i love ranged weapons and xbows can do some major damage from a decent range (o man, remind me to show you the xbow great elek made for my b-day last year - so sahweet it gives me diabetes when i use it.....).....
    but i always did gravitate to the underdogs.......
    but i will say that the goodies you get with xbowman, expecially the ones that crossover into the other classes, are pretty darn awesome!!
    it ain't all about swords and magic, you younguns!!!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

It's about pointy, flying things?

To make pointed arguments!
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Thread Information