Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New error/bug for XP users?

Default Re: New error/bug for XP users?

No maura file has been generated since April according to my HZ folder.

I have noticed that for me, while Windows Live Messenger is running, this causes the above crashes. Turn off the program and the crashes are non-existent, even with all of the above true. (running windowed mode, load screen turned off, tabbing etc.)

Now that's interesting. I was talking to a friend who noticed that her brother crashed right after she sent him an IM on MSN.

That may also be why i've been running almost rock stable -- cruft like Windows Messenger is banned from my machine.

So... who's crashing and using Windows Messenger?
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

I'm only crashing a couple times per day, and I'm not using Windows Messenger. I run in window mode, sound off; I do use the loading screen, and I've only noticed the .exe file error message once. Usually I have at least a couple other windows open. It kind of acts for me like when there was a portal leak, only I think it might be from crossing area borders. I did not know there was such a thing as maura files... What is EC_NOMEN?

Here's my latest maura file:

crash_log:pen_maura(): Successfully started crash log at 07.16.2009 14:56:22.421.
    crash_log:n_crash(): Exception caught from thread 0x00000c0c (3084) on 07.16.2009 18:30:03.843.
    _____
    / \
    / \
    | R.I.P.|
    | |
    | |
    ~~~@>-+-~~~
    The EC_NOMEM hits! The EC_NOMEM hits! You die.
    e0000000h (EC_NOMEM)
    The process ran out of memory.
    crash_log::finish(): Terminating the process.
    SetUnhandledExceptionFilter to be old filter.

And one from a week ago:

crash_log:pen_maura(): Successfully started crash log at 07.10.2009 06:57:57.687.
    crash_log:n_crash(): Exception caught from thread 0x00000830 (2096) on 07.10.2009 11:14:48.343.
    _____
    / \
    / \
    | R.I.P.|
    | |
    | |
    ~~~@>-+-~~~
    The EC_NOMEM hits! The EC_NOMEM hits! You die.
    e0000000h (EC_NOMEM)
    The process ran out of memory.
    crash_log::finish(): Terminating the process.
    SetUnhandledExceptionFilter to be old filter.

i always have msn running when i play, never seems to cause the crashes. because they are just random when doing something or first logging in.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelclaw View Post
    Thanks for responding.

I notice that everyone who responded so far has the loading screen off. Does turning on the loading screen reduce or eliminate the crashes?
    Not me. load screen always been on.
    Dont run MSN while in game.

Love being the exception

I've been keeping track of this for a few days now. For me the music stops working. All other sounds are still there just the music goes away. After a while more the video starts shaking/judder/dropping frames. Really noticable when flying up/down or banking left/right. This gets progressively worse until either it crashes or I reboot. I did try just logging out and back in but it made no difference. Only rebooting clears the issue. I did see a similar issue with another game that ended up being a multi core processor issue so I will boot in single cpu mode and test tomorrow.

Thanks.

I only have one .maura file (which only gives the time of the crash, no more). I did get this error about 4x so far, but I think I logged out myself most of those, so no more .maura files would make sense then. Btw I am also asked if I want to notify Microsoft about what happened - is this the same for others?

Last time I got this message, I tried to just play on; and this did work up until I portalled (to Bris). I got to Bristugo, but didn't get any graphics (was standing in the air) and after a while I logged out seeing no change in this.
    Next time I logged in, I could play on - got Bris as it should be, portalled on to Last Stand and all okay there, then commenced running into Augh. Forest - and there the map stopped, I fell into the void. Came up again, could walk through the air for a while, then logged off because of not knowing where I was anymore. Logged in, fell into void, got put back 'on the clouds' - logged off, manualy threw out worldcache, logged back in, and all went okay from there on.
    Hope this helps a bit. Oh and I play windowed, no loadscreen, didn't notice any music going on while all this was happening (other sounds normal). Don't have any chat-programs up, do have firefox opened in the background most of the time (and sometimes also Thunderbird).

Anyone getting crashes with the client on Blight? (383.13)
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

Thread Information