Thread: What seems to be coming next...

Default What seems to be coming next...

From over on the MMORPG boards what is coming next, which is what I figured they would go back to.

Originally posted by AmarieA
    I wanted to drop in and thank you on behalf of the team for the outstanding feedback and comments in this post. It is obviously well thought out, and thus greatly appreciated.
    As a note to any who are reading it, much of what is mentioned in here as "issues" in some way are items that someone on the team is currently working on.
    For example, character management and account management are things which the programmers are working on adding to the new launcher. We had to push the launcher out "as is" right now in order for the game to be more Vista compatible. But the features will continue to improve it in the future.
    We are also aware that having three websites (play.istaria.com, accounts.istaria.com and community.istaria.com) in addition to the basic istaria.com, is confusing and makes it hard to find what's where. Again, fixing this is something that's "on the list" to make more user friendly.
    Design team wise, the next major project for the team is to overhaul the very "tier 2" area that Rihahn is now encountering. We know that the experience one gets on New Trismus and Lesser Aradoth (the tier 1 area) isn't the same as the other tiers, but the team is working tier by tier on bring things "up to par" one tier at a time. The "grand plan" is that over the next year, design content will be a mix of adding brand new content at each tier (T1 has been done, T2 is coming soon, and others will follow) while still working to fix bugs and improving existing content.
    So hopefully in time the experience that players such as Rihahn have had in the first weeks in Istaria will be what players experience from level 1 right up to level 100... and beyond.

Default Re: What seems to be coming next...

I was going to say "and beyond wow that sounds interesting" but I am so far away from "and beyond" that it isn't funny lol - 60 CLR / 60 RVR / 58 SPR

I read the article beforehand, nice to know VI have responded I think it makes a big difference when the developers of a game look like they care!

Quote Originally Posted by StalePopcorn View Post
    ... I read the article beforehand, nice to know VI have responded I think it makes a big difference when the developers of a game look like they care!
    I agree and I thought it especially interesting to read the OP (Rihahn's) response to AmarieA post. For those who may have missed the entire thread with Rihahn's excellent observations about Istaria, it can be seen here:

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cf...n-Istaria.html

It sounds all very positive. Lol, I'm almost afraid Istaria will get too popular

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

gaahhhhh perish the thought!!

you and me, sigi - we gots to make sure that doesn't happen!!!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

*starts to plan evil plots

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Did a nother hint Just drop ... 100 and beyond ?
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Quote Originally Posted by lightning claw View Post
    lol... I'm sure that more than a few of you already have enough xp to be level 200 already.

Rakku

There is no plans for a level cap raise.

They're just referring to T6 content.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Thread Information