Thread: BindableActions.def and resources_override

Question BindableActions.def and resources_override

Hi there,

I am trying to setup some custom key bindings in BindableActions.def but I want to keep the file in the resources_override folder to keep the changes from being lost (like the mappack etc.)

Can anyone tell me if this is possible and if so, where to put BindableActions.def in resources_override - my attempts so far haven't been successful.

The changes I've made to BindableActions.def works fine when I modify the original in the resources folder.

A second question, how can I have multiple commands in a keybinding?
    Example:
    string keyDownCommand = "/snc /loot"

Thanks in advance,
    Umf

Default Re: BindableActions.def and resources_override

You may try to put it in resources_override\resources. If you have the Map Pack, the folder should already be created.

I haven't tried it so I don't know if it will work, but maybe a idea for what you want to do:

Code:
    				{
    					bool repeat = false
    					string name = "customcommand"
    					string keyDownCommand = "/snc"
    					string keyDownCommand = "/loot"
    					bool defaultExist = true
    					TBindableActionDefaults list defaults =
    					{
    						{
    							string list bindings = 
    							{
    								"(key of your choice)"
    							}															}
    						}
    					}
    				}
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

Thanks for the reply Firebrand.

I have already tried putting the file in resources_override\resource and resources_override, no luck.

As for the other thing, I haven't tried what you posted either, but it doesn't seem right defining keyDownCommand twice
    I did however solve it by making macros instead - so now I got my seconday and tertirary hotbar hotkeys, yay!

Anyone else got any experience with the BindableActions.def file?

Have you tried adding BindableActions.def to the no_update_list in the version_info subdirectory?

Drev

Nope, haven't tried that - for now if fixed it by setting the file to "read only".
    Does the no_update_list ever get overriden by a patch?

What puzzles me is that the resource_overrides folder wont take Bindable_Actions.def

Thread Information