Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long does maintenance last?

Default How long does maintenance last?

Hello, I was just wondering how long maintenance lasts for? Is it an all day and night thing or will we get to play later today? Today is the best day for me to play because I have no plans. Anyone know? Thanks in advance. Will see you'll as soon as we can get back in.

Default Re: How long does maintenance last?

Im not sure on normal since i've been gone a while....but from what i remember its usually late afternoon/evening Central.....it also very much depends on how much they are doing...if they are patching etc....since we really dont know any of that because theres no posting on whats goin on......your guess is as good as anyones

Also..if Blight is up...its a very nice community...you could hang out there if you really need your fix

I wonder how hard it would be to get a post about maint..like the day before saying our best guesstimation is 6 hours, even maybe an update if times going to run long of that. I know, crazy huh.

Quote Originally Posted by dino View Post
    I wonder how hard it would be to get a post about maint..like the day before saying our best guesstimation is 6 hours, even maybe an update if times going to run long of that. I know, crazy huh.
    They learned long ago that there are very vocal individuals who scream (a lot) when something takes longer than the estimate. It is easier and quieter to not give estimates.

Don't be surprised if they are pushing more content today.

once again proving the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Don't know why I had to say this, just did.
    Last edited by dino; July 23rd, 2009 at 10:19 PM. Reason: forgot word

Even though im one of those annoying screamers.....I agree.....theres no reason to give an estimation of time unless you are fairly certain you can keep it.....with the complexity of horizons unseen things will come up so that makes it even harder...best to not guess and just be silent.....

However some info on what is occuring would be nice...as in is some patching goin on or is it just another mainenance day?

I thought it was, "The squeaky wheel gets pounded with a sledgehammer until its attitude improves"?

Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

I'll vote for that...

*ducks back into his lair*
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

at roughly 7 pm eastern on 7/23 and i can't log in. getting a message something like 'SSL certificate can't be verified'. is this tied to the system being down?

Me too Sonea, same error box popped up. It's 4:17PM PST

No idea, I'm getting that SSL message too. It's about 6:18 p.m. CST here and still no go : ( I miss my dwarfy and my hatchling.

I know, we could all play I spy. Ok I'll go first. I spy something green, teehee

Default Invalid SSL Certificate?

Yup, I just attempted to login, not knowing if the servers were back up or not, and received the following error message:

It's happening to me on Win XP and Windows 7 (two separate PC's) and I see I am not alone.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Default Re: Invalid SSL Certificate?

I've already put in an urgent support ticket on the SSL certificate error.

Though, using the old launcher program still works effectively.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

About 7:20 pm now EDT. I was on Blight, tried to relog, I'm getting the message:

" The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure. The may indicate a problem resolving host names, or it could be an attempt to hijack account information. If the probelm persists, please contact support"

Just for fun I rebooted the computer and reinstalled the launcher. Neither of these changed anything. Maybe pirates have hijacked the log-in computer to try to steal our gold !

having the same SSL error here as well...... at 6:24 pm CT

It depends on really what they are doing when it happens, whether its just a routine fix up or applying a patch or stuff... if its a patch then it'll probably take a longer time for them to finish.

I have the same error.

Concerned!
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Default Re: Invalid SSL Certificate?

Quote Originally Posted by Skaladar View Post
    Yup, I just attempted to login, not knowing if the servers were back up or not, and received the following error message:

It's happening to me on Win XP and Windows 7 (two separate PC's) and I see I am not alone.
    That misspelled "attept" made me seriously wonder at first if the message was for real, or something more sinister. Glad to know I'm not the only one that got it. :-)

SSL error's fixed for me.
    Vermithraxx Draconis, Spirit Shard 12/29/03, 1st Helian Adult 03/17/04 [Retired]
    Vermithraxis Draconis, Chaos Shard 06/28/07, Lunus Adult 07/18/07, 100/100/100 09/03/07
    Biped: HLR 100/SPRD 45/CNJ 44/MIN 100/TNK 100/ARM 100/SPL 100/WPN 90/JWL 100/OUT 69/BLK 58/GTH 76/ENC 53...

Thread Information