Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Devs: Why nerf t4 loot?

Default Re: Devs: Why nerf t4 loot?

hmm I didn't see any demand from Rasp. I did see first line "requesting" an answer from a dev, but no demand.

When questions are asked and not reply'd to by the powers to be its only natural to bump once in a while. To many things fall thru the cracks sometimes when you just assume its been seen and leave it at that.

Specially when as Rasp said later been seeing other posts responded to why not this one?

Even if don't like the question or way its been put, a simple reply promising nothing at least lets others know it was seen. Telling me don't worry everything is seen is like the checks in the mail, sorry I like a lil feedback. Even if its not the answer hoped for or even no answer, at least we know didn't get overlooked or lost, or even worse our concerns are no concern to the powers to be.

Smaug

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

that's why it is unfortunate that newcomers aren't interested in history -
    us despised elder players have lived thru devs who were not secret in their lack of concern for players and know that vi is prolly the best owners and devs the game has ever had.
    if they say they are reading every post, they are reading every post.
    if they have something to say, they will say it.
    if anyone had bothered to search the forums, they would have found several threads with much the same op that would have told them all the same info.

if they bothered to search long enough, they might even find my thread about lack of communication from the devs - dated 3+ years ago.........

how's that cliche go? those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it? endlessly and endlessly, it seems.....
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Quote Originally Posted by velveeta View Post
    that's why it is unfortunate that newcomers aren't interested in history -
    us despised elder players have lived thru devs who were not secret in their lack of concern for players and know that vi is prolly the best owners and devs the game has ever had.
    if they say they are reading every post, they are reading every post.
    if they have something to say, they will say it.
    if anyone had bothered to search the forums, they would have found several threads with much the same op that would have told them all the same info.

if they bothered to search long enough, they might even find my thread about lack of communication from the devs - dated 3+ years ago.........

how's that cliche go? those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it? endlessly and endlessly, it seems.....
    Well veleeta, it doent make it right and Rasp is no newcomer, and doesnt want to let history repeat itself. I am sure they (Dev's) dont need you making excuses for them either.

Lillyjo_chaos

So by that reasoning why not just lock the whole thing up and not allow any new posts. Any answer you looking for can be found just by searching in past posts. No need to rehash it all again, or heaven forbid waste anyones precious time having to read our silly posts.

Smaug

<trolling>

And now for something completely different.

</trolling>
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

thanx again, xos, i needed that....
    ah the fish slapping dance.....
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Creme View Post
    In all sincerity, good luck with that. You'll find this game is not that kind to those that don't play in the manner the "masses" expect.
    Fortunately, most of the things the 'masses' of Istaria expect fall under common courtesy and politeness, otherwise I would find this a bad sentiment to have.

'Going your own way' in a game isn't such a bad thing, so long as you aren't harrassing anyone else. Expecting everyone to fit into the crowd is a little harsh.

That said, I do agree that a person should observe a forum community and try to figure out their 'rules' before doing too much. This isn't the only forum I've seen where bumping is discouraged.

I observe here a lot more than I post, but I see reoccurring problems sometimes and I hope that this post doesn't come across as trying to tell anyone what to do. This is not my forum by any means! I only post this in hopes that it might help.

I am the sole admin and mod for a forum larger and more active than this. It is also a forum for the customers of a company. I learned to be very careful to: 1. Not let personal pet peeves dictate how I mod the forum, and 2. Post rules clearly so that there are not misunderstandings, especially from newcomer forum members that may not have read dozens of older posts to find the 'way things are' but would, in time, go on to be wonderful members of the community. Alienating new members that have made mistakes due to 'how things are here' is something I avoid at all costs.

Big crunchy ancient dragoness of Order

I'm personally not seeing an issue with the loot tables for Jade Golems or Giant Ice Beetles. The quantity of items you could loot from them was lowered, true, but the % chance of getting a variety of items was raised. In fact, the % chance of getting Jade Golem specific loot (the chip or gemstone) is much higher than it was before. For example, there's a 46% chance of getting a chip/gemstone pull from every single Jade Golem.

I'm sorry you feel this was a nerf, but the changes were intended to give a more balanced chance of dropping a range of items (and sometimes one of the treasure pulls can be nothing).
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth
    I'm personally not seeing an issue with the loot tables for Jade Golems or Giant Ice Beetles. The quantity of items you could loot from them was lowered, true, but the % chance of getting a variety of items was raised. In fact, the % chance of getting Jade Golem specific loot (the chip or gemstone) is much higher than it was before. For example, there's a 46% chance of getting a chip/gemstone pull from every single Jade Golem.

I'm sorry you feel this was a nerf, but the changes were intended to give a more balanced chance of dropping a range of items (and sometimes one of the treasure pulls can be nothing).
    That may be the numbers in the tables or however the values are derived; however the actuality is quite different.

When I was doing the drain bolt quest this was exceedingly painful...Now: I'm not necessarily against having quests have a level of difficulty, in fact, I applaud the drop rates on the sacrificial daggers, but that's end game content and IMO, should be arduous to complete. I will say that looting the chips for drain bolt, after the patch was hugely more painful than it's ever been to get jade golem chips in the past.

I also got 0 forms (or maybe it was 0 techs...but whichever it was, I did notice a complete, total absence of them).
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

I also got 0 forms (or maybe it was 0 techs...but whichever it was, I did notice a complete, total absence of them).
    Who said that forms or techs dropped from them? I didn't.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; August 13th, 2009 at 08:58 PM.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Trust View Post
    Try opal golems, I had 64 priceless rings (and lots of other items) after a hunt last night.

My guess is they don't want any more old timers, we are an unruly bunch.
    Lovely.... so its just different golems dropping a monty haul of loot.

As a long time dragon player I feel the need to make a stand here.

When hoard becomes so easy to get we can turn IBMs in for it by the boat load, when t4 golems offer more hoard than t5 and t6. And when hoard is no longer a challenge to get for a dragon (soft caps) it genuinely angers the older players who had to hunt for days to achieve this.

The rare loot, ancient swords of Vanduss are a dime a dozen now. Its not a nifty thing to loot its just more to throw in the void that is the hoard.

Older players see the new onves with 100 of these "rare" haordable and sigh. "i rememebr when i had to hunt nameds for hours to get 1.....

Easy while fun in the short term doesn;t make for

a) longevity
    b)challenge
    c)a sense of accomplishment.

I played many Table Top RPG's and LARPs for years...

When you can kill a dragon (in D&D calm down) (god forbid!) or a methuselah vampire (V:tM) with ease, it is no longer a challenge, it is no longer fun...its just an everyday thing.

When you have 20 bags of holding 10 rings of protection +5 and a armory of Vorpal blades...you aren't rich and powerful, you're a powergamer or in need of a new character or a new game.

Sure...I took the extreme here and I truly feel for those who have found trophies and comps to be harder to get....I stand firm that hoard shouldn't be a cake walk like it is from various golems, beetle's and wolves.

I do feel some should drop more than others...but as Creme said and many on chaos noticed....Jade Golems were like going trick or treating or Christmas or....some other time you get lots of awesome free stuff.

Most reported in this thread on Jade golems for a reason I reckon

Almost forgot my disclaimer:

Sorry for any offense. It's just my opinion. Ignore it or heed it as you see fit.
    Ignem Infernum - Abi in malum rem.
    Ixatchitxl the Defiler - Fafnir who? I was here first!
    Think! Its not illegal...yet.
    Adventuring: aka Genocide, Graverobbing, and Temple Desecration.

I ran a 15 minute field test on 13 aug 09 on Order Shard with the Jade Golems using my multiclassed biped. Yield as follows:

5 level 60 crystals
    3 jman forms
    4 jade chips
    13 jade gemstones
    4 hoard items
    3 t4 techs

In that Amon suggested in post 51 above that techs and forms should not drop from the Jade Golems, perhaps last delta poofed on the Jade Golems.

Knossos
    Last edited by Knossos; August 14th, 2009 at 02:02 AM.

Older players see the new onves with 100 of these "rare" haordable and sigh. "i rememebr when i had to hunt nameds for hours to get 1.....
    Older players stayed awake up to 4am to help guild mates grind the materials to build trillions of craftables, hoard them for 33 to 200ish a pop, and see a nice percentage of that self-consumed by the next day...
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

I just wanted to say, Hi
    Josiah Elvinhoard - Lvl 100 Ranger, Lvl 100 Scout, Lvl 100 Druid, Lvl 100 Healer and Lvl 100 Fletcher...

Thread Information