Thread: Call To Arms

Default Call To Arms

OOC- What follows is an invitation to a RP event from the Order Underground hosted by the Scions of Istaria. Event will include a Treaty signing of participating guilds(food and pints provided), optional scouting trips to familiarlize routes and communications during event. An all day/all tier hunt for all named bosses of the Aegis. Followed by a victory feast the following day.

Greetings Istarians, one night while sitting arround the fire at our camp outside Delgarath, the conversation between Knossos, Tsargoth and myself turned to the plight of the living races. Life had been mostly peaceful for years in Istaria. The Aegis if not sought out were seldom a problem for an extended period of time. What evil have the Dwarves awoke in the depths.

It was agreed danger is at hand, the living races have grown complacent. Time to go on the offensive. What was the best way to combat what lies in the deep? What needed to be done to stop the Aegis from reorganizing and rallying behind whats now awake? Plenty of ideas were suggested, but in the end it was agreed the best course of action was a Call To Arms to the guilds of Istaria. This will reguire a Treaty signing for the attack it was agreed by the three.

So here on this board we have decided to send out one of our Calls To Arms to the guilds of the gifted. A date for the treaty signing will be disclosed shortly. All guilds of the gifted are invited to join the Treaty signing, any in the realm unguilded are welcome as well. Final details and the date for the invasion will be formalized at the treaty signing.

The Scions of Istaria have graciously accepted the chore of hosting. Temporary storage for the alliance is already underway, and the scion confectioners are hard at work. Awdz has already blown up a couple kitchens.

The attack itself will be designed to leave the Aegis leaderless. All Aegis tough enough to be given a name by the living races will be a target regardless of skill. It has been agreed speed and surprise will be our biggest friend. The treaty will cover one weekend with the attack all done on Saturday and a victory feast on the Sunday.

Thank you for your time, look forward to seeing many gifted join us in the alliance. Victory will ours on the day.

LONG LIVE ISTARIA
    Last edited by Teto Frum; July 28th, 2009 at 09:15 PM. Reason: spelling like a half giant

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

Default Re: Call To Arms

may order prevail mightily!! proceed with extreme assertiveness and the blessings of the cheese queen!!!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

I think I may have a solution to the communication problem. Aside from each group having it’s own Group channel, a representative from each group (or perhaps the entire group) could also enter into the Order Alliance channel. It has been and remains a meeting place for Obsidian Order and it’s allies and friends. With a treaty signing, that would definitely make for a very LARGE alliance.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Flame and me would be very much honored to fight at your side, Teto

(but first let us kill the time zone monster)
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

C`gan your offer of your chat channel is gladly accepted, and if thats the channel were using you'll probably see that the name of Treaty will be Order Alliance or at the least will be contained in the Treaties title, seems fitting.

Lovwyrm my hope is that our set up of the event will allow those from across the pond to enjoy the event as well if interested. One of the reasons (well apart from being one) the Scions of Istaria were picked as host was the fact they have both European players and NA. To allow all time zones to participate is why the event will be 24 hours and a constant list of what names are killed and which arent will be available at any time throughout the 24 hours. And to myself personally hunting with you guys i will be setting up my day to be able to be online most of it and will sleep accordingly to be needed through two different prime times, though im not sure i'll actually get to hunt with some of the logistics to run. And if we cant time the feast to suit both major timezone areas, im not adverse to doing it twice if there is a demand for a second one for players across the world.

Hopefully the format allows anyone from any timezone, and anyone of any skill level who wants to participate to participate and have fun with it.

Greetings Istarians

We will be having the Treaty signing Friday August 7. A copy of the Treaty will be posted within the next couple days for your reading pleasure. A date for the invasion targeting the Aegis leadership will be picked at that time, as well as go over some of the logistics of the attack and some highlights of other events scheduled to accompany the Alliance and actual invasion. Look forward to seeing any interested at the Treaty signing. The Treaty will be available to be signed for a couple days past Friday though for those interested but unable to attend that night.

(I do not understand
    - As I told a lot of friends and mates, who do not read forum or do not speak enough English, about the call to arms-
    I shall be VERY grateful if someone could explain the details to me in "easy language" so I understand and can tell my friends about it.
    Best would be a pm I think.
    Thank you very much in advance)

Pm is send Lov...if its not clear let me know, want anyone whos interested to be able to join in. Anyone else who would like more or better information please feel free to PM me or catch me ingame with a tell.

Thy much Teto- much appreciated *hug*

I will put that infos to the German forums, and inform the "happy hunters" and my guild.
    Lookin`foreward

I have finished composing and perfecting the song of victory for the feast night. I hope it will resound well within the halls.

Greetings Istarians

OOC the treaty signing has been moved to Saturday afternoon at 3 pm est, to better accomodate players from european time zones. Sorry for any inconvienence, and to not interfere with an ascension planned for tonight. This treaty signing, (though some details will be worked out at it is not mandatory if your not there) is mainly a RP function. As stated if your not there and interested contact me here or ingame to let me know. A schedule of functions planned should be posted today to check over before attending the Treaty signing. I think you'll find all the games aspects, crafting, hunting, pvp (arena training), all wrapped up in a nice RP theme. Hope everyone comes out and enjoys themselves, should take a couple weeks to play out from start to finish.

At this time i'd like to thank the Scions of Istaria for all their hard work in preparing to host the Alliance. Special thanks also to the Annatar, Aurora Alliance and Obsidian Order for all their help in preparing the massive amount of stores needed to form an army of the gifted and participation in the planning of the Alliance.

Sounds really awesome - I won't be able to make it on Saturday but I do have a request..

As you said this may take "couple weeks" to play out - is there anyway to get more than a 24 hour notice out on the forums? I just notice that you're not posting exact notices up very long in advance and I know it takes time for peopeol to get the word out and find out about things (across games that way hehe).

So I'd encourage you to give if in any way possible a few days notice about major events that may be occuring over the next few weeks.

Unless this is like an ongoing daily thing in which case, you can..explain that too lol .
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Thank you to all that joined the Order Alliance. The Alliance will be using the chatroom Order Alliance from now till the feast wraps up. The Alliance will be gathering for two attacks this week, Wednesday and Thursday, what and when will be discussed by the Treaty members in the Order Alliance chatroom. Anyone still interested in participating just pop in and let me know or pm me here or find me ingame.

I'm sorry to say that the Order Alliance is being delayed by probably two weeks, and its doubtful I'll be in game much if at all over that time. Thanks to all who joined, all who crafted stuff and those still working away. I'm extremely committed to this and as soon as real permits we will get going again.

Thank you all for your understanding. See you all soon.

PS and those close friends worried its my health again its not my health that is the problem, I'm still doing ok. thanks for the concern.

Thread Information