Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blight Delta 172

Default Blight Delta 172

http://community.istaria.com/news/?id=344

Tool Tech Kit: Fishing Master is no longer tradeable
    That's the one from a Blackhammer Farmstead quest, right? On a dragon, what am I supposed to do with it other than give it to a biped friend?
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Default Re: Blight Delta 172

I thought dragons could fish? Then you can put it on your (fishing) toolclaw?

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

We use the Ingenuity skill to fish, not Fishing as such.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Ah, ok .............

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

not sure if it is because of a patch, but i just wanted to say i am most happy and grateful that the ws machines have come back and the 'compasses' gone.
    don't know for sure when it happened (been doing the advent thing and just npw getting back to crafting) but it is just in time - i had almost forgotten what the craft machines looked like....
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

(Added to wiki)

Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Or somewhere else...

<
    Mental Bane technique now only applies to ranged/damage spells (such as bolts and other attack spells) and has a 10% chance of firing. In addition, it will conflict with other damage mods for spells and will modify the skill requirements of the spell.
    >

Thus and so. Then this I ponder...

I crafted me a magery in the lands of Order... and it was an Improved Prime Bolt. I added trickeries of Accuracy, of Primal Damage... and the Mental Bane.

So I ponder.. what will come of this magery when the gods move on Order... for the Bane is used and lost to me.

But no matter. The dance is, as ever the dance...

Sephiranoth, called by some ShadowSeeker

I know it is a work in progress, but next to the new spawn of copper/tin outside of Dalimond there is a stone working structure with no nearby stone. Is this intended, or is it to be a metalworking structure, possibly with only a smelter?

I hope that was not the intended layout

Drev

It is intended. We're screwing with your head.

And it worked!

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

functioning as intended as always!!!

strange and mysterious are the minds of the gods, it is written.......
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

So, Drevar, other than that how did you find the new Dalimond?
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Heh, a bit disorienting. To a new player it won't be an issue, but I literally felt dizzy as memory and the new reality had a UFC match in my brain. Having the map open probably made it worse. I am sure the reasons will become clear soon, but all I saw was that buildings were picked up and plopped elsewhere in town, like a giant Chinese fire drill.

I didn't see anything inherently "off" with the new layout, but I may want to give it a more thorough going over once I stop seeing stars. *grin*

Drev

Well, there were a few reasons why I changed it as I did:

1. Make it smaller more compact
    2. Make it feel more like a real town might (there's a distinct wall, it actually has some streets)
    3. Condense NPCs into related areas
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by peladon View Post
    <
    Mental Bane technique now only applies to ranged/damage spells (such as bolts and other attack spells) and has a 10% chance of firing. In addition, it will conflict with other damage mods for spells and will modify the skill requirements of the spell.
    >

Thus and so. Then this I ponder...

I crafted me a magery in the lands of Order... and it was an Improved Prime Bolt. I added trickeries of Accuracy, of Primal Damage... and the Mental Bane.

So I ponder.. what will come of this magery when the gods move on Order... for the Bane is used and lost to me.

But no matter. The dance is, as ever the dance...

Sephiranoth, called by some ShadowSeeker
    I must have missed when that tech was introduced. I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that it's only going conflict with other % to damage techs like romp, pierce, etc.

Sidenote - where did that tech come from? Was it a "drag and drop" or can it be added during item creation?
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

Pretty sure I got the mental bane after one of the gailleach quests on blight; I don't remember which one though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

Aye, its from Gaileach. With the hierophants not spawning though, I don't think it is currently obtainable. It is a tech kit, one time drag-and-drop.

I can see why it is being dropped to a 10% proc chance. It is currently a 25%, +250 damage add, and converts the damage to ethereal mind.

Drev

whoa - and no wonder I have not seen it. I'm stuck at the quest step with the "kill 5 harbringers"
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

For those unable to get on Blight to check it out, or who may not have a dragon to see it from above, here are some aerial shots of the old Dalimond on Order and the new on Blight.

Old Dalimond
    New Dalimond

Gonna kind of miss that snotty Tomas in the semi-circular building next Trick-or-treat. He always insulted my costume.

It looks good. Wish I could get the game to load so I could check it out myself!

Oh, he's still there, just the building has been removed. The carpenter and archer trainers are now closer to the south gate, just without a structure.

Drev

Thread Information