Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Hypocrytes...

Default Re: Hypocrytes...

Quote Originally Posted by Soraii View Post
    So much I want to say but so little really matters. In standing up for my beliefs I have alienated myself from this community, alienated myself from my friends, and turned myself into a despised outcast proponent for peoples own choice.
    NOoo. NO. NO. NO! OOOOHHH no. Don't EVEN try this.

You did alienate yourself from your friends, your own choice on more then one occasion if I remember accurately. You get yourself into situations by how you react to things, push people away, lash out at people that try to help you, stamp your feet then threaten to quit. This has happened more then once, Soraii. THAT is how you've alienated yourself from not only your friends but from a good portion of the community. There's only so much sympathy people are going to give someone before they just get tired of having to constantly stroke someone's fragile ego.

Don't even try to make yourself into a martyr. What happened to you in regards to your rp was awful. No doubt there. But you're not the first person this has happened to.

I've lost two friends now because of the RP police...and I've lost another friend because of how YOU treated them. You state people should come to each other in a calm rational manner, not in a belligerent tirade. Well practice what you preach bud. You get what you give and as far as I'm concerned, this was nothing but karma coming your way.

"Despised outcast proponent for peoples own choice?"

You were just as vocal about not liking some of the rp choices of others. You adopted the behavior because you wanted to be accepted into a group. The reasons for that are fairly obvious. You were ousted from your other rp group because you blew up, stamped your feet, threatened to quit and basically treated another individual like complete garbage. The exact same way you were treated. And that person has left the game.

You've treated people just as badly as you say you've been treated. The hypocrisy of yourself for saying some of the things you have said, is what has pushed me into no longer speaking to you. The constant attitude of 'woe is me! I'm so misunderstood' then exploding into a massive ball of dramafest, is what made me not want to have anything to do with you. Everytime there has ever been major drama on the shard since I've returned to the game, I have found you sulking in the middle, threatening to quit because 'woe is you.'

and THAT is why you have alienated yourself from the community. Because of your typical erratic explosions of drama. Only this time you aired it out like dirty laundry on the forums hiding behind the guise of 'woe is me, I'm being persecuted for my rp beliefs." That's what irritates me the most. Where were you when the exact same thing happened to Tchanel or Sigvard, oh mighty proponent for people's own choice? Oh that's right...you're one of the people that unleashed unholy amounts of discord on Sigvard. Hypocrite indeed. Look at your own self before you even try pointing the finger at others. I didn't see you saying anything when Tchanel posted about his leaving for the exact same reasons. Where were you then?

I apologize to the mods, my guild (save the member who this is directed to) who in no way shares my beliefs, and to everyone on the Order shard for posting this but that little diatribe of vitriol is NOT something I'm going to let just sit there unchallenged. I see BS and I'm calling it.
    Order Shard - Atlanna Embergaze 100/100 Adult:
    A'Sasha Windrider - Member of Keir Chet k'Eilerten

There is no way I can top that, Atlanna. Bravo.

I'm with Kandrin, well done Atlanna, and thank you for making these points aloud.
    Last edited by Xeffer; August 7th, 2009 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Taking away.

I have been exceedingly wary about posting here, but I just want to say something. I have several very upbeat characters that were trying very hard to befriend Taylus and Alaysar. Despite the RP choices, these characters were interested in nothing other than friendship, and in following, so was I. I have made some amazing friends though roleplay.
    I am sad that instead of seeing what good could come from things, you focused on the negative. And truly, no one and no thing, not even strange or crazy RP, pushed me away. Seeing this thread did it for me. I am disappointed we never got to explore friendship further.

I think, however, if you can really sit back and look at this, take a deep breath, there are those that would still welcome you back if you can recognize the problems here. I have made a fool of myself when I was younger, and though it takes work to make amends... and truly, some things never do get healed and sometimes friendships are lost, but those that forgive and move on will make it all the sweeter.

On the flip side though, if you really feel like burning the bridge like it's seeming here... well, best wishes on your way.

Big crunchy ancient dragoness of Order

Atlanna....wow, amen. Amen.

Atlanna... The second you return to the game, I'm giving you the biggest, most sloppiest, IC and OOC hug in the world. ;_;

Sigvard Nemena (Order) | Piano Forte (Order) | Lello (Order) | Vasken (Order) | Skreel (Order) | Ursala (Order)
    (Click names for biographies!)

Atlanna, you are a goddess. Have our babies.

*nods* as you wish.

Oh Bravo Atlanna. Well said indeed.
    TIGRIS EUPHRATES and TEKKA RUNECLAW. Istarian Veteran, The Original Order Shard Herald, Herald of the Spirit Shard. Storm Disciple, Flame Disciple, Spirit Disciple, Ice Disciple, Monk, Ranger, Healer, Druid, Spiritist. Grand Master Biped Crafter.

I'm not goign to read all of this.

Suffice it to say /ignore is wonderful.

I also cannot and will not roleplay with that many people. (A RP shard) Too mant idea's of what is right and I have too much the "too bad I will do as I wish theory."

There is no reason to quit over this in my opinion.

I like Soraii when I get to speak with him/her/it. I hope they stick around, sincerely.

I also hate hypocrites, to some extent everyone is now nad then, but it must be kept to a minimum to avoid me wanting to commit heinous acts with both words and contemplated violence.

(These aren't threats merely a player explaining how much he hates that behavior) Please realize this.

Thank for listening and likely promptly ignoring me.

if you can ignore me...why not use /ignore....???

nm people are crazy.

hope whatever game you find Soraii, you enjoy it, also hope you stay.
    Ignem Infernum - Abi in malum rem.
    Ixatchitxl the Defiler - Fafnir who? I was here first!
    Think! Its not illegal...yet.
    Adventuring: aka Genocide, Graverobbing, and Temple Desecration.

I'm not going to read through every one page post here, but there is a simple guide to when things are getting too outlandish in RP.

1) Does lore support it?
    2) Does game mechanics support it?

If both of the answers to these questions are "Yes", by all means do it, if either are "no" then you can have any ubber creation or wierd mix anyone can think of show it's face in RP, and IMO it creates a risk to the stability of the RP community that has every possibility of growing out of controll. For the most part, I've allways stuck to these two questions for my RP, with some mild acceptions that I will admit, but Callak and all my charactors primarily within the bounds of these two simple questions.

* snuffles curiously*
    [Visit The Order Underground]

I will just say this, taken as a whole:
    I think we don't have to be as good as Rowling or Tolkien to RP in this game...
    Is to dislike one another RP give the right to say : "I don't like your RP, then it's bad; find one better or stop to RP" ?
    I don't think so.

I agree, but if the answer to both Callak's questions are "No" then it may be reasonable to ask them to take it to a private chat.
    1) Does lore support it?
    2) Does game mechanics support it?

Many of you are overlooking so many /kind/ things that Soraii did. To the ones above that all agreed with everything Atlanna said; Are you using the lair mod? Khutit mod? Hatchling run animation change? High-res dragons? If so, did you ever thank Soraii for making them possible?

How often did Soraii supply game related help in DC to those who asked for it? I distinctly recall Soraii often being the first and sometimes only person to ever answer where a mob location was, a resource location was, the best way to do *blank*, etc. If it was game related, Soraii did what he could to provide the answer.

Is he perfect? No, far from it. It was blatantly obvious, atleast to me, that Soraii's social skills were constantly struggling. There /is/ logic to alot of the stuff that Soraii does, the problem is it makes sense on a purely logical PoV. Not a social PoV. But if you didn't want to bother trying to understand this logic, so that you could better work and be friends with Soraii, then the /ignore function should have ultimately been used.

Anyway, I decided to make this post to point out the positive things about Alaysar/Soraii. The things that are so often and so easily overlooked by everybody when something negative happens. Often someone can spend a lifetime doing positive things, but all it takes is a few negative events for people to overlook everything else.

I leave with saying in no way am I suggesting what happened isn't Alaysar's fault, but it's definitely not just his.

I'm new. I don't really understand all this, but I do want to say one thing...I haven't met anyone truly malicious in this game, ever. I actually rather liked Taylus (as anyone who has quizzed Cree might know), and yeah, I'm iffy about vampires and blight and such, but I kinda felt like Selarth, Taylus and Tekka were all well constructed characters, and a pleasure to play with. I also cannot wait for Cree to grow up, because I'm dying to organise a "fight" between Cree and Sel if Bright wants, it might be a very cute development point for both. Although...

Even though I am new to Istaria, I'm not new to roleplay...having been admin of several forums, not through simple friends, but through hard work and earning it. And it pissed the hell out of me to see ridiculous Mary-Sues, until I realised something. That the most unusual and fun things you can do in a roleplay is to just use things you come across in everyday life...like old men. Grumpy gardeners. Unusual gender preferences. Prejudices. Forgetting to go to the bathroom before a mission. Lessons, pranks...things that happen in everyday life. There aren't always enough of those, but sometimes it doesn't mean special chars are bad. Whoops, tangent. :B

Um, anyway! Speaking from a new perspective, sometimes it's hard because newbs don't actually have anywhere to go but the dragon channel, and if you like to meet new people, same thing. Cree's a nice Lunus (fun to play. Very fun.) whose bright hide and larger size comes from her biological parents being part of a secluded tribe of dragons near the equator, slightly larger than usual due to the abundant foodsources and brighter to blend in with the coral reefs and for showing off. She doesn't remember this because her first death involved getting thoroughly conked on the head by a tree...Tangent again.

I had a point, what am I talking about?

Thread Information