Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An Empire Tavernkeeper for New Trismus

Default An Empire Tavernkeeper for New Trismus

I would like to suggest that a tavernkeeper be added to New Trismus to give newcomers an NPC to learn visibly what to look for when they start needing to find food at level 10. We already have a tavern building in the village, but there isn't a tavernkeeper in it.

(It would also get Nellie's T1 foods off the Consigner! )
    English doesn't borrow from other languages. English follows other languages down dark alleys, knocks them over & goes through their pockets for loose grammar. -=Paraphased from James Nicoll=- Unicorn's Lady's Dalliance

Default Re: An Empire Tavernkeeper for New Trismus

That's a great idea.

*nods* especially if the tavern effect is in place there :-)

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

i fully support this idea as well, makes much great sense to me...
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Would be a good way to add a few Tavern-related quests as well, to teach players how to make foods. Perhaps a Confectioner trainer sitting in the corner?

all great ideas- I sign that!
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by StalePopcorn View Post
    Would be a good way to add a few Tavern-related quests as well, to teach players how to make foods. Perhaps a Confectioner trainer sitting in the corner?
    Maybe not teaching how to make foods since that is what Confectioner trainers do, but it would be nice to have in the dialog the way to find Fillet, the Confectioner trainer in Sslanis.

And a 10th level adventurer quest to teach about the joys of food would be super!!!!
    But the main thing is the at least get the taverkeeper in.
    English doesn't borrow from other languages. English follows other languages down dark alleys, knocks them over & goes through their pockets for loose grammar. -=Paraphased from James Nicoll=- Unicorn's Lady's Dalliance

I think the general ideas presented here are good ones, although I would transplant the suggestion to Ssanis/Kion or even Parsinia. Up until level 10 players do not get death points, so it makes more sense to me for a tavern and related CNF training start after the player reaches that level. At about level 10 the player is transtioning to Lesser Aradoth, so this to me seems ideal place to have a tavern and explain food more, and direct the player to Fillet.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    I think the general ideas presented here are good ones, although I would transplant the suggestion to Ssanis/Kion or even Parsinia. Up until level 10 players do not get death points, so it makes more sense to me for a tavern and related CNF training start after the player reaches that level. At about level 10 the player is transtioning to Lesser Aradoth, so this to me seems ideal place to have a tavern and explain food more, and direct the player to Fillet.
    Maybe a stupid question, but why not have a Tavern in NT and several on Lesser Aradoth aswell.
    When we look at this from a newby point of view instead of a veterans it actually makes perfect sence.
    New players will be on NT for quite some time leveling up to lvl 10 doing quests, talking to NPC's, but mostly entering buildings to look for NPC's to talk to.
    Be honest, but who in Istaria's name cares if the building and the NPC inside it is usefull for players below lvl 10. NT is an island which exists to prepare the newbies for the "real" world.
    In my honest opinion when the building which currently houses the 2 assistents, a cleric and warrior trainer is made into a tavern with the addition of a Tavernkeeper with not much use but just to talk to and give information and maybe even connected somehow in a quest so that new players are forced to talk to the tavernkeeper they atleast know that the type of building exists, what it does and what are the positive effects of being in that building.
    It would make it really complete when a small area containing the tavern buff is put in place with the tavernkeeper as it circular center.
    This way the players also know when they have reached a tavern.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

We don't want to put too many NPC run taverns in teh world because players can build their own. And that is the main draw of Istaria, players impacting the world. So if you want a tavern somewhere, buy the plot and build one yourself.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    We don't want to put too many NPC run taverns in teh world because players can build their own. And that is the main draw of Istaria, players impacting the world. So if you want a tavern somewhere, buy the plot and build one yourself.
    If I remember right too, player built ones are better for the bonus...?

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDragoon View Post
    If I remember right too, player built ones are better for the bonus...?
    Correct, journeyman and expert taverns have a better bonus than imperial.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Except there are no plots to buy in New Tris.

And, for new folk that don't know what a tavern looks like, or what it does, a plot (or imperial) tavern is just another building that has a person in it.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Quote Originally Posted by walkerglassmire View Post
    Except there are no plots to buy in New Tris.

And, for new folk that don't know what a tavern looks like, or what it does, a plot (or imperial) tavern is just another building that has a person in it.
    Correct, because New Trismus is designed for players level 10 and below. But you can add them to your heart's delight on Lesser Aradoth for new players.

Delaware, USA that little state no one knows about XP

Can there be at least someone that explains about taverns/food or something (if there isn't one of course). Because I know when I first started playing I had no idea about food or taverns for quite some time. :P All I knew about was ambrosia since I started before the NPC sellers were removed, but I had no clue about player made foods and such. Maybe I just missed it or something.
    Anariah, Callihan, Selarth, Osiron, Asandra, Azayan, and Zefani of the Order Shard
    Want a pic of your character? Click here!

Correct, because New Trismus is designed for players level 10 and below. But you can add them to your heart's delight on Lesser Aradoth for new players.
    Amon, strong but gentle of the deities,

This is why I was suggesting one to be added to New Trismus. Because there it would be a visual aid to learn about the use of food for the newly gifted and many of them still adventure there through their 10th level. (The newly gifted also come back to New Trismus to shop for items for a few levels beyond 10th level.)

You, yourself, said there was a tavernkeeper in New Trismus in this thread: http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ghlight=tavern

The main idea was to encourage players to build their own Taverns. That is why there are only three NPC Tavernkeepers in Istaria (New Trismus, Dalimond and Aughundell).
    (There is the tavern building in New Trismus, but I looked all over the island and never found a Tavernkeeper.)

May I suggest that the Tavernkeeper in Bristugo be returned to Bristugo (it is missing) and the Tavernkeeper in Dalimond be moved to New Trismus. (I have checked on both Chaos & Order this morning and on Chaos the Dalimond Tavernkeeper has only 1 food listed, on Order nothing. So, I don't think it would hurt the servers if it would be moved to New Trismus.)

The Tavernkeeper doesn't have to be in the tavern in New Trismus, although it would look better. (And if there would be too many NPCs in the same building then, perhaps move one into the blacksmith shop or the building with the vault or up in the crafting hut cluster or over by the kiosk with the book stand.)

Nellie Lovett, Mad cook of Carmo on Order

There is a tutorial window that appears the first time you die that explains the consequences and also discusses taverns. Honestly I see little point in having a real tavernkeeper on New Trismus because for those below level 10 food is pointless. But I could see one in Kion since that is where you are sent after NT.

There is a tutorial window that appears the first time you die that explains the consequences and also discusses taverns. Honestly I see little point in having a real tavernkeeper on New Trismus because for those below level 10 food is pointless. But I could see one in Kion since that is where you are sent after NT.
    Kion works, although not as well in my personal opinion because folk scatter to Kion, Sslanis, Dralk, & Chiconis and folk do haunt New Trismus past 10th level.
    But Kion is better than nothing!

Nellie Lovett

That was my thought as well. Since you don't get DPs when you're below level 10, there's no point in having a tavern on NT, where all players should be below level 10 (or just above, and about to move off the island).

EDIT: "for those below level 10 food is pointless". Heh. Just like death!

Quote Originally Posted by gopher65 View Post
    That was my thought as well. Since you don't get DPs when you're below level 10, there's no point in having a tavern on NT, where all players should be below level 10 (or just above, and about to move off the island).

EDIT: "for those below level 10 food is pointless". Heh. Just like death!
    Correct, below level 10 adventurer death point food is pointless, but as soon as you reach level 10 adventurer it kicks in, and not everyone has moved off of New Trismus before they reach level 10 adventurer.
    Also the only low level Imperal Consigner is in New Trismus, so player gravitate back to New Trismus for supplies or to sell stuff. The players also scatter to 4 towns when they start to wander from New Trismus; Kion, Sslanis, Dralk, & Chiconis. To put it in New Trismus just seems to be to be the most practical (instead of putting a tavern in each 10-20 level town).

Thread Information