Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Laucher Problems (Yet another one...)

Default Re: Laucher Problems (Yet another one...)

What do you mean by "they (the urls) aren't working for me"?
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

I'm not very good with German error messages. But from what I can make out, it wont let me download the files. That's what I meant by not working

I also am having the same issue. I downloaded the "hotfix" (all three files) and it claimed I had no programs installed that the hotfix addressed.

Still hanging on istaria.auc.exe

I am *not* running a dual core PC, and am on Windows XP. I'm going to try again later, and make sure I have downloaded the latest patcher etc, but I'm pretty certain it was after I did that that caused me not to be able to log in.

I'll update my ticket as well, but it's been about 3-4 weeks since I was able to log in, and I am losing patience
    Bobda Bilda (Chaos) - www.hzconfectioner.org.uk
    http://www.painefreecrafts.com - what takes up most of my spare time now..

*points up to the part about getting the patcher from Blight*
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

Quote Originally Posted by Arietna View Post
    I also am having the same issue. I downloaded the "hotfix" (all three files) and it claimed I had no programs installed that the hotfix addressed.

Still hanging on istaria.auc.exe

I am *not* running a dual core PC, and am on Windows XP. I'm going to try again later, and make sure I have downloaded the latest patcher etc, but I'm pretty certain it was after I did that that caused me not to be able to log in.

I'll update my ticket as well, but it's been about 3-4 weeks since I was able to log in, and I am losing patience
    Thank you for the information. Knowing what kind of systems are effected helps determine the issue - elsewise folks have to grasp at a lot of straws by guessing.

By 'hotfix' I'm guessing you mean for .net 3.5? If it said there was nothing to fix on your system, do you have .net 3.5 installed?

The easiest way to determine this is by typing (or cut/paste) %systemroot%\Microsoft.NET\Framework into your browser address bar... This will present a series of folders like; v1.0.3705, v1.1.4322, v3.0, v3.5, etc. If there is no 3.5 folder, the hotfix would not have done anything - if there is a 3.5 folder, you must have already had the hotfix installed.

Single-core machine...

How is your internet connection? DSL/Cable, analog modem, etc... I ask because we have a couple reports above of internet connectivity making a difference for an as-of-yet unknown reason.

But, as Steelclaw pointed out, there is a potential fix available from the URLs he listed above... Try that.
    Last edited by Raeshlavik; August 14th, 2009 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelclaw View Post
    *points up to the part about getting the patcher from Blight*
    Oh, I couldn'T log into blight and download the patch that way either.

But as I said, it's working now after having done what I said, with the new istaria.exe thing.

(Maybe the fix is simpler than everyone seems to think)

Quote Originally Posted by Raeshlavik View Post

By 'hotfix' I'm guessing you mean for .net 3.5? If it said there was nothing to fix on your system, do you have .net 3.5 installed?
    Yes, I have 3.5 installed. Probably means I already applied the hotfix.

Quote Originally Posted by Raeshlavik View Post
    Single-core machine...

How is your internet connection? DSL/Cable, analog modem, etc... I ask because we have a couple reports above of internet connectivity making a difference for an as-of-yet unknown reason.

But, as Steelclaw pointed out, there is a potential fix available from the URLs he listed above... Try that.
    I have a BT broadband business connection (yes, at home, I work from home). It's at least 8 meg.

Blight patcher? hmm. I don't play on blight, but I'll try anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Sssargon View Post
    (Maybe the fix is simpler than everyone seems to think)
    replied to your PM by email

(update - downloaded the two files, seems to log into Blight fine.. now to try it on Chaos now it's patched..)

I don't think the updated patcher is live yet. You may find yourself unable to patch again after patching on Chaos. (in which case, you need to grab those two files again)

On the bright side, this means that the updated patcher may actually fix the inability to patch.

I don't think the updated patcher is live yet. You may find yourself unable to patch again after patching on Chaos. (in which case, you need to grab those two files again)

On the bright side, this means that the updated patcher may actually fix the inability to patch.
    And that is awesome!

After running a packet sniffer and watching what the patcher does when interacting with the patch server, I noticed that the patcher keeps requesting the same file over and over when it's "stuck".

I think this is a threading issue (like missing synchronization or use of non-thread-safe classes in multiple threads).

There's a new patcher on blight that may address the above issue. The question is: "how do you patch a broken patcher?".

I don't know what the final solution will be, though this should work for you:
    grab the following two files and overwrite the existing ones in your Istaria/Horizons directory. Then, log in to Blight using the standalone launcher with patching enabled (not bypassed).

http://patch.istaria.com/blight/patcher.dll
    http://patch.istaria.com/blight/silentpatcher.exe
    Just wondering, what if you want to log onto Order? Will this still work?

Yeah, that will work on Order and Chaos, but until the patcher is released live, the old patcher will overwrite the new one upon login. (which means you have to replace silentpatcher.exe and patcher.dll every time you end up doing a full scan and the patcher gets hung up.)

When I try to activate either of the two files, it says it cannot find them? I put them in the resources overide, which was p-robab-ly the wrong place...

When I try to activate either of the two files, it says it cannot find them? I put them in the resources overide, which was p-robab-ly the wrong place...
    Yes, that is the wrong place.

grab the following two files and overwrite the existing ones in your Istaria/Horizons directory. Then, log in to Blight using the standalone launcher with patching enabled (not bypassed).

http://patch.istaria.com/blight/patcher.dll
    http://patch.istaria.com/blight/silentpatcher.exe

Urk, still not recognising it. :/

Thread Information