Thread: Drop Rates on Saytr Island and off Undead in General

Hybrid View

Default Drop Rates on Saytr Island and off Undead in General

I am new to Istaria only been around just over a month but I have come far and seen a great deal of sights in that time. I have slayed many foes and crafted many a piece of armor and thus I have farmed a good deal of tech mats for me and my guildies.

This leads me to one thing, for there difficulty the undead in any area do not drop tech materials enough. My latest adventures bring me to the saytr islands and it's not bad enough that I have wait for the right type of undead to show up but so far I have killed close to 50 veteran zombies and none of them has dropped a rib yet this does not bode well for the 16 ribs I need to collect.

I have very few people on blight to call upon when I need such things we have no real economy and only the fact that the regular blight players are really nice has made it possible to stay on blight. I think that all undead have crazy low drop rates for how dangerous they are to hunt please do something help us out.

I have recently heard of an NPC named Nadia that sold tech mats at high prices not sure if she was on every server when you took her out but she sounds like someone that would help blighters get by with the lack of economy.

Thanks
    -Gunder

Default Re: Drop Rates on Saytr Island and off Undead in General

The problem is very much the same on Order Shard. Adventurers who do not yet have triple teched T5 Armor Weapons and Jewelry Sets are in most cases doing without and are settling for T5 Adventure Gear triple teched with T4 or with a combination of T4 and T5 techs. Similar situation prevails with Gear for the T5 Crafters. There are simply not enough T5 tech comps of the stated low drop rate variety being looted to meet Order Shard demand for same. I cannot speak for Chaos Shard as I do not play there. If the problem does not exist on Chaos Shard then fixing the problem for assistance to Order and Blight Shards would in effect be giving Chaos Shard an "easy button".

Knossos
    Last edited by Knossos; August 18th, 2009 at 12:42 AM.

Virtrium needs to understand that making people GRIND and SLAVE AWAY for this stuff does not enhance the game and will not fix the economy.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

ah the old argument.....sorry, i mean discussion:
    http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ighlight=nadia

nadia used to exist on all shards, gun.
    she is greatly missed on blight, especially.
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

The answer isn't Nadia. If the drop rates were simply increased, people could actually afford to sell T5 undead tech' components. As things stand, if you're putting yourself through the agony of hunting for them, you probably need them for yourself or a friend.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

I would be more then fine with just and increased drop rate. So far the only thing I am getting from Veteran Zombies are death points they fail to drop one of there many ribs (I know they got more then one).

Thread Information