Thread: Evasion within Istaria

Default Evasion within Istaria

Gods,

I put this here becuase of an upsetting find upon my awakening, Who was the Gifted God who made the bight suggestion to stop my use of Evasive style and Forest Mist at the sametime?

My whole being was created and forged behind the Evasion skill. All of my classes support it in some way shape or another. With this change you have effectively killed the whole concept of my style.

With that said, I hope that all of the grass in your yard dies and it yields nothing new for 1 year!

To the other gifted (Sorry im alot better at ranting to gods when they are in game with me, Remember the Kwellens attacking New Rachival after I told the Old gods thier powers were equal to little girls picking flowers)

If you want to change something with Evasion the least you could have done was not increase the monsters abilities to evade. Please use a calculator next time you decide to figure out the math behind making a level playing field. (I shouldnt have said this, I have yet to go fight the monsters everyone says evade alot but this is a Rant right Gods don't really read them)

After this rant, I would like to humbly and sometimes not so humbly request that someone actually look into this and or at least look into adding more things in game that actually raise the Evasion skill.

Thank you, (I still don't take back the yard thing until Evasion gets love)
    Warsong
    Paladin/Healer

Don't cry because its over,Smile because it happend

Default Re: Evasion within Istaria

It used to be that : Spirit Form overwrote Nature's Mist and ignored Evasive Style. Reklar's Winds of Fury, when triggered, ignored evasive style as well and overwrote Spirit Form and Nature's Mist.

There's no way that a 150 evasion should outrank 1000 evasion, so I wrote a ticket about it. I suggested that winds of fury should conflict with evasive style since that would still make the sash useful without causing any real disturbance in the way the game works (the evasion buffs for evasive style IV and Winds of Fury are very similar), nor would it make evasion any more underpowered.

Instead, what happened was that all 4 skills now share the same "bucket" and conflict with each other, even though 2 of those 4 have very tangible benefits that have absolutely nothing to do with evasion at all (namely ethereal damage from Spirit Form, and +unarmed for Winds of Fury).

Imo it was an extremely sloppy fix. I can sort of understand that evasive style and nature's mist clash, but spirit form and winds of fury have absolutely no business conflicting with other evasion skills (because of the fact that they aren't purely evasion skills). And then there's still the fact that evasion is extremely underpowered because there's no techs for it despite the fact that 5 schools basically depend on evasion to stay alive.

at least you GET evasion! us dragons, we NEVER dodge ANYTHING. i have NEVER dodged in the 3 years i have been playing. EVER.

but yeah, that is a sloppy fix.

We might not dodge anything, but who in istaria's name could miss an attack against the broadside of a barn.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Quote Originally Posted by Romirez View Post
    at least you GET evasion! us dragons, we NEVER dodge ANYTHING. i have NEVER dodged in the 3 years i have been playing. EVER.
    Dodging requires the Dodge ability that Dragons don't get. That's why Dragons can't dodge.
    => http://horizons.gamersinfo.net/abili...=item&id=13464

I'm not sure how Evasion works in the hit/miss system without dodging.
    => http://community.istaria.com/forum/showthread.php?t=545
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

Um, dodge is an ability which works off evasion. Evasion itself works well enough on dragons. Every time something misses you, that's evasion at work. (btw, dodge is extremely limited in its application - it only works against mobs you're actively engaged in combat with. If 5 mobs are attacking you, you can only dodge the attacks of the one you're attacking back.)

Evasion is massively broken for mobs esp in the dungeon and yeah its obnoxious. even under 100 mobs can dodge,parry or evade 7+ attacks in a row..its ridiculous..and imo a cheap way to stop players from abusing the new mobs (which we do anyway but whatever)

and yeah i get so sick of missing 3 of 3 GR and all 5 ravage strikes..and dont even START on breaths..LOL the new ones really awesome except the 15 of 20 misses!

mob evasion is a nightmare and while i barely ever evade or anything i dunno these days i dont think that much of anything is fixed right or adjust well. it just all seems hasty,sloppy and more annoying than effective.

Whats the point of it all? last i knew there were so many better ways to make mobs tough than that.

the mylocs are by far in my opinion at dodging any kind of melee based attack you throw at them their evasion is worse than a blight or frost hound, for a melee char the mylocs would be a players worse nightmare the ONLY thing i noticed about them they don't like spells but also if in a group unless said myloc is currently targeting/attacking you their evasion drastically drops an melee seems to work a little better. as for the biped abilites like evasive style and forest mist not stacking well i think it is one of the stupidest changes done so far when things such as the mylocs have a horribly high evasion rate against melee based char

Dodge? We're dragons! We don't dodge, we tell them to hit harder so we can feel it! Rawr! XD

Quote Originally Posted by SinOfSuns View Post
    Dodge? We're dragons! We don't dodge, we tell them to hit harder so we can feel it! Rawr! XD
    It is like if you tell a tank to dodge a tennis ball.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •Â«

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan View Post
    It is like if you tell a tank to dodge a tennis ball.
    Yeah but with some mobs it tends to actually be a uranium-enriched grenade.

Perhaps, instead of dodge, we should have richochet or something? Rebound, or return fire.

Rakku

With the next patch Evasive Style will be counting as a "stance" instead of an evasion boost. There is currently no ETA on when the patch will be sent to Blight or live as we are working hard on the Tier 2 Revamp.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iXP9yoc4VY So is evasion really impossible with a adult draggie and ancient?
    Living is the only revenge we Jedi can partake in. If the Empire fails to kill us all, we win. http://baishenlong.deviantart.com/

thanks for the update, Amon!

Thread Information