Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blight Update 173 Discussion Thread

Default Blight Update 173 Discussion Thread

The patch note:

Signpost in front of the Pawnbroker in Kion now contains the Pawnbroker/Tavern signs instead of Pawnbroker/Consigner

Seems inconsistent with the patch note stating that Rios the Kion Pawnbroker has been moved to the Forbidden Zone.

Knossos

Default Re: Blight Update 173

Quote Originally Posted by Knossos View Post
    The patch note:

Signpost in front of the Pawnbroker in Kion now contains the Pawnbroker/Tavern signs instead of Pawnbroker/Consigner

Seems inconsistent with the patch note stating that Rios the Kion Pawnbroker has been moved to the Forbidden Zone.

Knossos
    There were two pawnbrokers in Kion, one (Marcus) remains.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

That is what I get for posting while the patching to Blight is still in process..

Knossos

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

Skulks of the world gathered for discussion. They decided the pointy end of a weapon is better in an enemy and not in one's own leg when walking.

darn...i was hoping they would accident themselves to extinction and save me the trouble......
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Default Blight Update 173 Discussion Thread

Please use this thread to discuss the update which you can read about here.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Default Re: Blight Update 173 Discussion Thread

Weapon affinity sounds like its gona be fun. Yay for more storm d quests. As for mohs does he still do crush damage and have the abilities of an ore golem?
    ^.^ *Speed Demon of order..*

Expert Blighted Essence Orb Enchanting formula now requires 900 Enchanting to scribe...

Yay!
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Quote Originally Posted by Blight patch notes
    Simple Damage:
    Simple damage is much like what it sounds, something that does straight damage without adjustment. The simple damage system has been applied to the key/chest system, for example, such that one key will always do enough damage (and just enough damage) to open one chest of the same tier. It is important to note that certain augmentations (buffs) will still cause a key to not work against a chest, so if you have an augmentation which changes your damage type for example, expect that the key you are using will not work. This is by design and not a bug.
    Instead of having simple damage done directly to the chest and having damage buffs altering the way the key works, why not have the key apply a damage-dealing buff that only affects chests? (this shouldn't be too hard to implement; the system can already deal with effects which reduce or increase damage to anything that is designated as part of the Withered Aegis)

That way any buffs such as energy attack won't interfere with the keys in any way. I find it hard to believe that the devs actually decided a player needs to be bothered with what damage buffs he has active before opening a chest.

And I can certainly foresee player griefing by someone casting damage buffs on another player without their consent around chests.

Edit : hell, even if it doesn't only apply to chests, using a key to deal 720 damage to another mob via a buff is hardly worth exploiting in the first place.
    Last edited by Xarog; August 23rd, 2009 at 02:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarog
    That way any buffs such as energy attack won't interfere with the keys in any way. I find it hard to believe that the devs actually decided a player needs to be bothered with what damage buffs he has active before opening a chest.

And I can certainly foresee player griefing by someone casting damage buffs on another player without their consent around chests.
    True, it already happens, intentionally and unintentionally. I know of players that have gone to ice island with flame attack on, only to have had someone cast ice attack on them as they're porting out. They don't notice it happens and then almost dies because suddenly the mobs aren't dying when they attack.

As it is, now that dragon buffs overwrite foods, it can add up quickly (coin) to need to eat another cookie (which lasts longer than PI) or drink another whiskey because of someone trying to be "helpful" or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

Quote Originally Posted by Creme View Post
    True, it already happens, intentionally and unintentionally. I know of players that have gone to ice island with flame attack on, only to have had someone cast ice attack on them as they're porting out. They don't notice it happens and then almost dies because suddenly the mobs aren't dying when they attack.

As it is, now that dragon buffs overwrite foods, it can add up quickly (coin) to need to eat another cookie (which lasts longer than PI) or drink another whiskey because of someone trying to be "helpful" or not.
    Yeah, I'd have to agree that overwriting stuff hurts.
    Ignem Infernum - Abi in malum rem.
    Ixatchitxl the Defiler - Fafnir who? I was here first!
    Think! Its not illegal...yet.
    Adventuring: aka Genocide, Graverobbing, and Temple Desecration.

I am wondering if the "convert damage to key" can have its power upped so that it overrides any other damage convert buff. Just as a same level Ice Attack won't override an Energy or Fire Attack buff. The Energy and Fire Attacks have an innate power higher than Ice.

It may be a totally different property, though, dealing with direct one-hit damage vs. funneling damage through a buff. DCoM and Bone Arrows for instance are not affected by any type of static damage convert buff.

Come to think of it, if thats the case, it should be possible to make keys use the same direct damage dealing that DCoM and Bone Arrows use.

Drev
    Last edited by Drevar; August 23rd, 2009 at 01:11 PM.

Drevar, I think you're confused. There isn't anything that converts your damage to key damage. It isn't a buff, in other words. Keys do damage to chests and only chests. And they do simple straight forward damage. This is because of what type of 'weapon', if you will, a key is.

If the key damage is still being seen by the system as a simple weapon damage that can be modified by other modifications, it "just" (Amon's favorite word) needs to be made direct damage vs. a standard attack. That should, logically bypass any damage conversions.

Another option, if keys are, as you say weapons and not what the game defines as a "simple object" then they should also have technique slots available. Throw in a high power Key damage convert tech. Wait, nevermind. Nature of the system forbids teched items from stacking. Lovely.

In truth the chests need to be made interactable objects rather than mobs. Select chest, right click to unlock, unlock action consumes appropriate key type. No key, action fails.

Designing mobs with specific weaknesses and resistances and then requiring us to drop the buffs that allow us to fight them, for however short a time, is just added tedium and annoyance.

Drev

Quote Originally Posted by Drevar View Post
    If the key damage is still being seen by the system as a simple weapon damage that can be modified by other modifications, it "just" (Amon's favourite word) needs to be made direct damage vs. a standard attack. That should, logically bypass any damage conversions.

Another option, if keys are, as you say weapons and not what the game defines as a "simple object" then they should also have technique slots available. Throw in a high power Key damage convert tech. Wait, nevermind. Nature of the system forbids teched items from stacking. Lovely.

In truth the chests need to be made interactable objects rather than mobs. Select chest, right click to unlock, unlock action consumes appropriate key type. No key, action fails.

Designing mobs with specific weaknesses and resistances and then requiring us to drop the buffs that allow us to fight them, for however short a time, is just added tedium and annoyance.

Drev
    Ok, but how would the game system determine that the chest has been opened and thus unavailable to other players and/or unavailable to be repeatedly opened by the same player?

what the deuce is bone arrows? class?? drevar mentions it
    ^.^ *Speed Demon of order..*

A tech you get from the scout trainer on New Trismus. Quest reward.
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

I didn't see any Evasion changes in the patch notes.
    Warsong
    Paladin/Healer

Don't cry because its over,Smile because it happend

I can only speak to the bow specific reward for Calimir's Grip, but it is amazing. Too amazing, I think, for the (non)effort required to get it. I killed one dire wolf which took all of 3-4 seconds and harvested the hide, another 5-6 seconds. One recall and a portal to Feladan later and I had what I would consider a T6 level tech kit.

For what it does, I would expect there to at least be a few more steps, maybe even involve a fletcher (or at least the trainer).

The stats:
    +25 bow
    20% chance of an extra attack with +1 damage (delay adjusted) and +25% chance to hit.

I don't yet know what the other non-ranger reward is.

One question I do have is, how would someone with no gathering skill manage to get dire wolf hides? They are not in the loot table, or at least not in the 20 or so I killed looking for Mani for the bounty quest.

Drev

Quote Originally Posted by Drevar View Post
    I can only speak to the bow specific reward for Calimir's Grip, but it is amazing. Too amazing, I think, for the (non)effort required to get it. I killed one dire wolf which took all of 3-4 seconds and harvested the hide, another 5-6 seconds. One recall and a portal to Feladan later and I had what I would consider a T6 level tech kit.

For what it does, I would expect there to at least be a few more steps, maybe even involve a fletcher (or at least the trainer).

The stats:
    +25 bow
    20% chance of an extra attack with +1 damage (delay adjusted) and +25% chance to hit.
    Hmm, will look at it.

One question I do have is, how would someone with no gathering skill manage to get dire wolf hides? They are not in the loot table, or at least not in the 20 or so I killed looking for Mani for the bounty quest.
    They wouldn't. They'll need foraging to get the hides.

Myloc hierophant drop rate is extremely generous. Was getting 1-2 every 3-4 kills. Several times it was back to back kills/daggers. (we've already completed this part of the quest chain).

Also the heart artifact now says that mylocs will take damage from it, I think before it said only the queen would take damage and all other mobs wouldn't.

I tested on reklar, and he does NOT take heart damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

Thread Information