Thread: Any Aspies who Play Istaria?

Default Any Aspies who Play Istaria?

I have Aspergers syndrome and I wondered if anybody other than the two aspies I know of who play this game, has Aspergers Syndrome.
    Living is the only revenge we Jedi can partake in. If the Empire fails to kill us all, we win. http://baishenlong.deviantart.com/

Default Re: Any Aspies who Play Istaria?

i have aspergers syndrome as well shen
    100/96/21 32.2 mill hoard Killer 87% socializer 47% explorer 40% achiever 40%

I will admit I am a adult aspie. I was found as an adult and remain so. I can say though that my mom proceeded to uh, cope, by buying books on the topic.

I remember reading through a few. I can say... some of them are offensive to me, reading out like guidebooks on caring for an animal or pet with little brain capacity. Lots of stereotyping. The world also isn't forgiving to people with disorders, even if they do make us little evil geniuses with insane skills on what were are interested in.

I was diagnosed at 12, and I'm 16 now. I taught myself social skills since then. I only have it very mild. my friend has high-fuctioning autism, and I help him develop social skills, because he severely lacks them.
    Living is the only revenge we Jedi can partake in. If the Empire fails to kill us all, we win. http://baishenlong.deviantart.com/

i was diagnosed at age 6-7ish maybe sooner cant remember anything but watching movies and staring into nothingness and playing video games.

I like having it. I'm much more creative and intelligent than most of the students in my high school. When teachers play games with us based on our knowledge of something, I'm the secret weopon. Everybody tries to pick me because of my fantastic memory.

I didn't really develop my uh socialness until like, 16 or 17... And even then I had to learn them over a long time. I still have a few odd awkward moments when dealing with people in person but overall I'm pretty good.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

i have never developed my socialness - people suck!

except for istarians, of course, you guys all rule!!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Shen Long View Post
    I like having it. I'm much more creative and intelligent than most of the students in my high school. When teachers play games with us based on our knowledge of something, I'm the secret weopon. Everybody tries to pick me because of my fantastic memory.
    My memory was really quite good earlier on, but as I got older it became more defective, so now I can't remember what I ate for breakfast some days. Its difficult as well since it is true we are just some crazy skilled and smart people, but not many can comprehend it. I am constantly at odds with most of my family whose minds are not so gifted (I would say under average, even) that have a hard time keeping up with my logic. I can say however, work hard at what you love and are good at, it'll be a strength for you.

I am guessing they pick you only when they need you? Was often the case... Unless they needed you for help or to do something worth their time, you were the person to avoid like the plague for no reason other than you were weird.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDragoon View Post

I am guessing they pick you only when they need you? Was often the case... Unless they needed you for help or to do something worth their time, you were the person to avoid like the plague for no reason other than you were weird.

ummm guys?? i hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, but this is not an aspie prob - this is shared by everyone who is both intelligent and off normal.........
    to this day, i am only called upon when someone needs something from me - i never get called just to talk or go to the movies or come to dinner, unless there is some alternative motive on the other person's part.....

that's just life, my dears, that's just life
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

sorry for seeming ignorant here...but what specifically is Asperger's Syndrome? i haven't heard too much about it...

Quote Originally Posted by Romirez View Post
    sorry for seeming ignorant here...but what specifically is Asperger's Syndrome? i haven't heard too much about it...
    http://www.wrongplanet.net/article112.html
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Oh Wrong Planet. I'm a forum dweller on wrong planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Xoshara View Post
    ahhh. i defenitely don't have AS then.

that hits the nail on the head x_x

My son was diagnosed this week, the fact a couple people that have posted on here I know in game and never wouldve guessed leaves me optimistic for my sons future. Thank you those that have it for sharing.

I have the syndrom to and it sucks that last week I had a nose infection and had to take steroids to cure it cause the steroids.. interacted with the syndrom and made me loopy and lose judgement as well as made me severily depressed..

So yah don't take steroids with aspbergers syndrom/autism.. Even if your doctor prescribes it they only hurt you in the end I am a living case and point of that..

Wow. This is an old thread. But glad to find another aspie! I'm going to start playing again next week. I haven't touched the game since February. Before February, I hadn't touched the game since November. I remember that draggies that were once younger than me in November were already about to become adults. I wonder if those same draggies are now like level 50 or something. I need to play again...

possible aspie here...

Currently with a psych to see if i either have HFA or asperger syndrome

Thread Information